You must move to a country that borders your own, forever - which do you pick?

books of war 13

Jul 1, 2011
I live in England so does Scotland count? They're pushing for Independence anyway so its probably be its own country in a few years.

SquirePB

Apr 5, 2011
Australia. Our land is girt by sea bitches.

They should so rewrite the anthem to make that the line.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Right, so I have the choice of England, England or ... England. Sounds good to me.

But including your exception for island situated nations, I have the choice between England, Republic of Ireland or ... USA/Canada? I dunno, following the curvature of the earth where would you say I was sea-bordering (Wales)? It's Canada, isn't it?

I'm gonna' go with England. I could walk there from my house, so I could literally be chased out of my own country by an angry mob wielding pitchforks, on foot, within an hour or two.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Sweden is essentially the same as Norway, so I guess I'll go there.
Unless you'll let me go to Denmark, that is. That way I won't have to deal with all those insufferable Swedes.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Let's see, living in Belgium, we share a border with the Dutch.
We also have borders with Gerlany, Luxemburg and France.

But, I'll have to choose for the natural border, known as the North Sea, which we share with the UK.

As I don't like French and German, neither do I like the Dutch accents.
Also, in France it's way too hot, which neither I, nor my pc like.

NooNameLeft

Sep 15, 2009
I live in Israel so... Not Funny.
[http://www.bibletalks4u.com/audio/CMCD/05/images/MiddleEast01.gif/]
The West Bank is actually not a part of Israel, so I guess I can go live there (that will make me a settler but oh well).

VeryOddGamer

Feb 26, 2012
So, Finland here. My choices are Russia, Sweden and Norway.
Some earlier poster mentioned Åland, but it's still technically a part of Finland, so I don't think it counts.
But yeah, I'd still go with Sweden. I think I'd be just fine with my mastery of English.
Norway is too mountainy and Russia is too poor.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
Being a Brit, I believe my options are Rep. of Ireland, France, or Belgium.

Now I don't really have enough money to benefit from Ireland's current economic state, so while I'd love to keep making jokes about buying things with monopoly money, I doubt it'd really be worth it.

France is nice, and I quite like the language, but my experience of the French has definitely left me not wanting to live there.

Now Belgium seems awesome. I've only been there once briefly, but the people were really friendly, there was nice food, and a beautiful countryside that ever so slightly reminds me of home.

Belgium it is.

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
Well, I live in Argentina. So my choices are Chile, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay or Brazil... I guess it will be Uruguay since we are not that different, but Brazil sounds tempting too.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
Andy Shandy said:
Well I don't exactly have much choice. I'm Scottish so I'm being forced down to...[dramatic pause] England.

[HEADING=1]Noooooooooooooooooooo![/HEADING]

I'm only kidding, I wouldn't mind England, the people I've meant whilst being down there seem like perfectly good people, and I can always have a laugh with the various Englanders in Brovengers chat and the like. I would need to import Irn Bru from Scotland though.

Irn Bru is available in England.

Oddly enough its illegal in the US.

OT: I pick Whales. Seems nicer than Scotland. Plus given my accent two minutes after entering Edinburgh I'd be a beat up pulp.

CellShaded

Aug 8, 2009
Hmm. This is a tough one. Probably the Netherlands or Luxembourg. Don't ask me why. I could also go to Poland since most of my family is there, but..no thanks, I'll take the Netherlands anyday for living in.

JSoup

Jun 14, 2012
FelixG said:
Since I live in the US ...I would go to Canada.

Only other option is Mexico and...hahahaha. no.
Pretty much this. Canada sounds awesome, Mexico less so.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Living in Holland, answer is simple: The UK. Want to move to the UK anyway when i gett a chanse and the money.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
I live in Finland, so...

Sweden. I already know some of the language, and have relatives there. Also Russia is a big country, but I suppose there are no places there that are better for human rights than Sweden or even Finland.