You must move to a country that borders your own, forever - which do you pick?

Sirtety

Nov 29, 2011
I like to think that I was thrown out of America after I took over the government and instilled a new regime which I ruled over with an iron fist.

It took a rag tag group of freedom fighters to find the secret source of my power and topple my oppressive rule. I would have beaten them If not for my traitorous daughter, who had fallen in love with the resistances handsome leader.

Uh......where was I going with this.......

Canada

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Hmm. I haven't really heard good things about Mexico right now. So, looks like I'm moving to Canada. That doesn't sound too bad actually.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
New Zealand. Somewhere around Wellington, I do believe, but I can always move further down if I have to- I bet you don't get any shitty 45*C days there!

I can't really afford to move, though, so I guess the Government is paying my way? Uh. Thanks, guys! I should have killed those people years ago!

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Seeing as I live in Australia, I only have New Zealand and Papua New Guinea to choose from. Since I have family in New Zealand, I guess that's where I'm headed.

soulfire130

Jun 15, 2010
I live in America so my options are Mexico and Canada.

I'll move to Canada, I like cold weather.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
In the UK so not sure if Iceland would count, probably either Holland or Iceland. Even Norway if it counts, nothing against France or Ireland but I like a colder climate so going further North would suit me.

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
BOOM headshot65 said:
living in Kansas, United states, its either Canada or Mexico.

What to do. Take the safetly of Canada, but go politically insane (and maybe physically/mentally insane because of going politically insane) or Mexico where I will still most likely go politically insane, but have a higher chance of getting shot by the cartels. I think I will go to Canada, and just try and find somewhere more conservative. Isnt there a territory that is like Texas, but alittle more left leaning? If so, I know where I am going.

That would be Alberta... our Texas. They vote conservative, they have a ton of oil, they wear freaking cowboy hats... yeah it IS weird.

Of course there's more hockey than football... but there is still football.

Of course I am curious what about our politics YOU think is so insane. I mean there's lots to choose from, just wondering what you'd picked up on down south.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
I'm American so let's see here; do I go to the south with its poverty, constant drug war and countless other problems? Or go up north to what's basically America but a bit colder (not that big of a difference for a New Yorker) and is a bit friendlier? Gee I wonder which I'll pick.

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
every single australian will pick NZ cause we are basically the same culture/economy however considering we are girt by sea (lol only australians know what that means) we are also pretty close to indonesia and singapore

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
So my choices are either Canada or Mexico?

Goddammit... well... as much as I love Mexican food I'd have to go with Canada because I'm not a fan of the heat and I've had enough of the desert life. I hear there's a ton of trees and actual seasons up there, and colors other than brown.

I think I can deal with that.

CrazyJew

Sep 18, 2011
I live in Israel, I really have NO neighbours who would like me.

Can I please have Cyprus? It's only a 3 day swim away.

Smiley Face

Jan 17, 2012
Professor Lupin Madblood said:
Well, I live in Canada, so there's really one option.

France.

(Yes, I'm serious.)
St. Pierre and Miquelon? Nice. If everyone in Canada had to choose, it'd get pretty crowded...

No no, I say we get Quebec to secede, go there before it goes into effect, and then move back! Or, if you want to be in Quebec, vice versa.

By the way, I'm going to go over this and see how many Canadians rejected the idea of going to the States.

EDIT: Huh, 5.5 in favour of going to the States (I counted going to Hawaii as an attempt to get away from mainland U.S. as half), with 4 people rejecting it. Not bad, considering.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
I'm gonna agree with the other Americans that chose Canada.

No real big reason except I think it's better than Mexico as an option.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
As a Canadian I have only one choice.
As a Canadian who doesn't pander to the partisan politicking bull in America right now I would probably put a bullet into my head before someone else does it.

Jun 11, 2009
Smiley Face said:
Professor Lupin Madblood said:
Well, I live in Canada, so there's really one option.

France.

(Yes, I'm serious.)
St. Pierre and Miquelon? Nice. If everyone in Canada had to choose, it'd get pretty crowded...

No no, I say we get Quebec to secede, go there before it goes into effect, and then move back! Or, if you want to be in Quebec, vice versa.
What?

Eww, no. Why would I want to live in Quebec? It's Quebec.*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vimy_Ridge#Commemoration is the technicality I'm using, by the way. Second header, middle of the first paragraph.

*[small]Kidding, kidding![/small]