You must move to a country that borders your own, forever - which do you pick?

wetfart

Jul 11, 2010
Hmmm ... I'm in the United States. I'm going to cheat and use the US Virgin Islands as a jumping off point. If anyone needs me, I'll be in Antigua. =P

snappydog

Sep 18, 2010
Well, I'm an Englishman living in Wales. So I guess I'd just move back to England (or to Wales permanently, depending on which one was taken by the government to be my own)

nat_401

Oct 18, 2011
Well I'm English so France would be a nice place to HA HA HA HA HA oh, sorry, couldnt finish that sentance there. Ireland would probably be my choice, I dont drink or partake in casual racism so Scotland is out and Wales is made entirely out of boring, and hill, with a few sheep for variety here and there.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
tippy2k2 said:
Well....this isn't very difficult :)

I'm an American (Minnesota to be precise)

Mexico: Terribly poor country with a fairly corrupt government and a drug war that is killing thousands.
Canada: Just like America except a little bit more French and has Universal Health Care

Shit, I could hope into my car and be in Canada by the end of the day if I wanted to. See you in Canada eh.

Silly Canada joke time! "So I was looking through the history book and saw that it's supposed to be called CND. However, every time someone asked how to spell it, Canadians would say C eh N eh D eh! and the name stuck!

Oh, hey! Greetings, fellow Minnesotan! *internet high-fives*

Yeah...definitely Canada for me as well. Hopefully, they let me live in Edmonton so I can be near a certain mall that won't make me miss the Mall of America too much.

DSQ

Jun 30, 2009
Norway I guess. (I'm in the UK in Aberdeen).

EDIT: Actually Paris, I do love Paris...~ Plus I'd be near a Disneyland!

Fredvdp

Apr 9, 2009
Belgium -> England

While I speak Dutch, I think the English culture appeals more to me than the Dutch.

Like the person above, I'd like to visit Disneyland from time to time. I've been there quite often already since it's only a four hour drive tops from my home, but apparently it's doable by riding the Chunnel train. A bit expensive though. :p

SundayRoast

Jan 24, 2011
Sweden; it's okay, I have friends there and I speak the language.
Russia; oh hell no!
Norway; quite tempting, the language would be easy for me to pick up.

Hnnngh! It's a hard choice.

Fernadette

Gnome Enthusiast
Feb 9, 2011
I'd move to Russia. It's a border country with the US and has Vodka and awesome history stuffs.

Nietz

Dec 1, 2009
It's a hard choice. I live in Sweden, so I have some options.

1) Norway
+ I know the language
+ I have a passport
+ I technically own land
- Its expensive
- Its TOO expensive
- Its been done before

2) Finland
+ Beautiful country, great climate
+ Kossu
+ KOSSU!
+ Sauna
+ Sauna + KOSSU!
- My Finnish is terrible

3) Denmark
+ Beer
+ Cheap beer
+ Close to Germany (more, cheaper beer!)
+ While my Danish isn't perfect, It should at least be adequate
- Kinda wonky political climate in my eyes
- My central-Sweden dialect will likely get me into trouble
- Too many Scanians coming to visit
- The country is pretty small(geographically)
- Denmark is too damn south! Gets to warm

Mr.PlanetEater

May 17, 2009
To Canada I go! I'll probably move to Vancouver, because at least there I will get mauled by a bear rather than a French-Canadian Hobo--I'll spare you the details by just saying Quebec am I right?--and it's nice and forested.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Well, I'm in Scotland now, so obviously England is totally out of the question :p.

Probably France...there are other countries nearby but if I had to spend the rest of my life in one, I suppose I'd be better off picking one I had been to before at some point...

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
Mexico should be nice, but it so isn't. I guess I'd opt for Toronto, home of the brilliant and amazing performer known as Tonetta.

Sewa_Yunga

I love this highway!
Nov 21, 2011
As a German who loves skiing and doesn't speak french, Austria is the only option. Switzerland just doesn't appeal to me very much.

Damn, now I wanna go skiing again...

The Pumpkin Witch

Sep 21, 2012
I'm a Texan and I've already moved to a foreign country by going to an out of state college.

But if you want to get picky I'd move to Canada. Probably British Columbia. I hear you can smoke "green tobacco" there legally. I've never tried it but like Chef from South Park said "There's a time and place for everything and it's called 'college'".

But don't expect me to show up on 'Girls Gone Wild'. I've got too much self respect for that! Sorry guys.

thejarofdirt882

May 2, 2012
Living in Wales there's only one choice.

France. Clearly. Somewhere in the South of France where you can actually see the sun and don't get wet all the time

There would be nice rich rugby teams to watch some classy players play for/against. Also Disneyland Paris would be cheaper to get to, sure it may be the poor cousin Disney Park that hasn't had any new clothes or toys for a while, but it still has proper Pirates of the Caribbean ride (i.e. without the Captain Jack hideousness added to it) and that's enough for me.

AD-Stu

Oct 13, 2011
Wellington, New Zealand (from Australia) for me.

Sure, it'll mean I'll probably be trapped in an earthquake at some point, but it beats the hell out of Indonesia.

eevangoh

Sep 4, 2011
Well, Ukraine is fucked, isn't it? We border like 15 of those, being a European country and all, but every single one of those is either incredibly poor (Belarus, Moldova, Georgia), terribly boring (Poland, Hungary, Slovakia), or Russia. In fact, I'm moving to St Petersburg for a few years when I've graduated, but live there my whole life? Oh dog. Am I at least allowed to go on holidays?

Also, why do all of you Americans pick Canada over Mexico? I'd much rather live somewhere not terribly boring and annoying-accent infested.

sublight

May 18, 2011
Moving from Japan, It's a toss-up between South Korea and China (North Korea and Russia are right out). I have the job skills for a comfy life in either one, but China seems like it has more opportunity. The toxic fog and gov't censorship are a problem, though. SK just seems a little too insular.