You stole my kill!

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
lRookiel said:
On games like League of legends, stealing kills is a serious problem.

For example some prick on your team will last hit an enemy after you got them down to about 10% of their health.

I would rage at something like that....
Even so, the team benefits more from that. It's a team game and i'd be happy to get an assist if it means 50% gold more for the team in total than if i got the kill.

The tricky part of being happy here is if I end up with twice/three times as many assists as i have kills.

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
If someone accuses you of killstealing, show that sucka you dont give a shit, or if you can, kill them too. Thats a good way to make the obsessive k/d kids angry.

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
lRookiel said:
On games like League of legends, stealing kills is a serious problem.
For example some prick on your team will last hit an enemy after you got them down to about 10% of their health.
I would rage at something like that....
i'd ignore you for that ingame. problem is, with people who rage about a "KS", who really get angry and won't stop bitching about for the rest of the game, you just cannot argue that there are 2 things that count: the team - team game, look it up; and that the opponent (they are opponents, not your enemies; you're not fighting a war, soldier, even though you might feel just as badass, due to your experience from ultrarealistic hollywood blockbusters and FPSeseseses. if you called us germans enemies after we attacked your country, seventy years ago, awrite, but enemies in a game? a *game*? seriously? out of curiosity, do you play football (i am not talking PES or FIFA 3732) or do any other team-based sports? do you address your opponents there as enemies, too?) goes down, so you can advance to their nexus/main base/whatever your goal is at chosen game.
if you need a good k/d ratio to feel good about yourself... my condolences. (maybe you'll want to try out some RL stuff, and do something you could actually be proud of, in case this is what you're lacking). you know, besides telling people (who won't be able to read your shit anyway because they put yet another name on the ignore list, so do your team another favour and stop typing and start playing) "zomg n00b lol l2p get cancer i hope ur mom dies throw urself of a bridge tard & delete game k thx" and feeling uber for pwning them. via the ingame chat.

also, if you need to be the star and aren't the team-game type, it's totally cool, to each his own, just don't play team-games like MOBAs then, but play e.g. a FPS, free for all. THERE it's only about YOUR k/d.
but there's no room for egomaniacs in a team-game.

you might also want to wait and see if the bad, bad killstealer does that evil deed of his again (instead of flaming right away, with all the 13375|D34|< you've got); you know, it might just have been by accident.
it was not and he actually is the same as you, only concerned about his k/d ratio? how could he! poor baby, here, have a lollipop. live with it, and at 20, start yelling at your team to finally surrender zomg!!!!!111111oneoneeleventyone

if you want a kill: get it. if you didn't get it, you obviously weren't able to (for whatever reasons, be it lag, a bad map, the imba opponent, you being distracted by your phone ringing (do kids of your age still use phones?), your finger slipping of one of the four keys because it's fatty from all the crisps you eat or whatever) and you know what?
the world will keep turning, the sun still will shine, and it won't do you any harm, even though YOU didn't get one kill in a video game.

now that was rather delightful. thank you for the opportunity, and see you on server (you do play on EU west, i take it?) :)

NoneOfYourBusiness said:
If someone accuses you of killstealing, show that sucka you dont give a shit, or if you can, kill them too. Thats a good way to make the obsessive k/d kids angry.
don't you just love doing that, from time to time? just 'cause you can? ^^ (don't get me wrong, to get me this excited needs quite some effort from the flaming party. as in, not ever stopping. ever!)
problem is, at least with modern FPSes, to find a server with FF enabled. (makes sense of course because how else are you supposed to just throw in your grenades, or AT (ANTI TANK, read it gorramnit) rockets, or fire with your big bad tank right into the middle of the action WITHOUT killing your teammates? geez, aiming? for pussies, lol
huh. even virtual balls are degenerating. i fear for mankind ^^

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Proper kill stealing is (e.g) when im assassinating someone on Halo Reach and then someone runs up and smashes their skull in mid-assassination so they can steal my points.

Otherwise its either my fault for not killing them fast enough, or their fault for not killing them fast enough.

Also about the "noob" thing i seem to find on AC:R i use throwing knives (Slows down the enemy, and knocks them down if they are climbing) and Charge (Will kill/stun any target/peruser in my way) and my friends call me a noob for using them, then they proceed to use Templar vision (Your enemy in THERE)and hidden gun (Can kill someone from across the map) and those abilities are not nooby for whatever reason. It seems that whatever i use is nooby and whatever they use is not... its a strange world.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
I still get the assist point, so eh, not my problem.
My sentiments exactly, more often than not.

Other than that, if somebody tends to complain that I "stole" their kill, I calmly tell them that this is a team effort, and any and all kills count towards the team's overall score. This is especially the case in Team Fortress 2, while certainly not in games like League of Legends, where you need to count for your own kills in order to obtain money, as stated in this thread already.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
People who complain about kill stealing should play 1v1/duel instead. I know that some games may not have this gametype/functionality, but at least they can't moan then.

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
Alma Mare said:
I get that, but I know (and frequently play with) people who will only use their ults for kills, and will only use them if it will be a killing blow. At that point it's not getting mad about them stealing kills, it's more about them playing in a way that's destructive to the team.

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
It is a bit annoying to basically get snubbed.

I don't often see it as fault of the players however.

More often than not, it's poor design upon the game, rewarding the final bullet rather than the damage done.

Such systems would work better awarding the kill to whoever inflicted the largest percentage of damage.

Mauso88

A Simply Dignified Manly Man.
Feb 3, 2011
As long as my target gets downed, I really don't care if I made the kill shot. Especially on MW3 where the support strike-package
/w recon drone + hardline pro perk(every two assists counts as a kill) combination guarantees kills no matter what.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
In hectic situations (pretty much CoD all the time) don't bother just kill the bastard. I hate assists as much as the next guy but I don't see it as that big a deal. In team oriented games generally just do what's best for the team. Not sure if you've played a MOBA before like League of Legends, but that is probably the only time I could possibly see someone stealing a kill. While the point of the game isn't getting kills, kills net you money which make you stronger in the long run. In the game the only scenario where I believe you could be justified in being called a kill stealer is if someone 1v1s an enemy, has no chance of losing, the enemy has no chance of escape, and you just run around and land the last hit for no reason.

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
For the one free month I had Xbox live, which I spent playing Battlefield 3, I was accused of kill stealing a mind boggling one time by a teammate with a sniper rifle on the other side of the map, who had apparently drawn a bead on the third and final kill I got that entire match (I was really shit, by the end of the month I had upgraded to mediocre though) and I didn't get it, we were on the same team, we won the match, we both got points for winning, so what was the problem? I essentially helped him gain those 500 points for being the winner.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
In CoD it can be a bit annoying if you're on a high killstreak, but then again you cant really blame someone for shooting an enemy.

What i hate is when my NPC companions steal my kills - IM TALKING TO YOU BOONE

aprildog18

Feb 16, 2010
I have rarely seen anyone complain about kill-stealing on BC2.
I also try to spot people whenever I can, even when I'm pretty sure I can get the kill, but just in case I randomly die from a sniper shot.
Some are in for the K/D though (which is really annoying on Rush), but most people are trying to win.

S_SienZ

Jan 26, 2011
Only makes sense in games like DotA / HoN / LoL where there are certain heroes on the team that scale better in terms of items. In that case it makes sense to give them as many kills as possible.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
The only time it's irked me is in Halo Reach. It's why I never do assassinations anymore. More often than not, mid-animation, someone would "yoink" the kill that was, by all accounts, caused by me. The other player gets the credit for me being clever and/or sneaky. THAT isn't fair.

Other than that, it's never bothered me. I usually play on teams, so a kill for my ally is a kill for me.

(whitty name here)

Apr 20, 2009
In low level LoL games, KS is "Kill Steal"
In higher level games, KS is "Kill Secured"

Unless you're support, which in that case:
>YOU'RE A DIRTY KILL STEALING ASSHOLE WHO INTENTIONALLY LAST HIT-AUTO ATTACKS A CHAMPION >REPORT SONA

God damn, LoL's community is almost as bad as CoD's, but it isn't because 12 year olds can't screech at you.

Honestly, if the champ is making a run for it, the entire team should be trying to do as much damage as possible, if you have enough time to decide who gets what kill, you need to seriously get your priorities straight. I mean, sure if you know that no matter what happens, the enemy has no summoner's, no mana, 50 HP, not already out of sight, your AD/Mid is right there, and is the only one left alive, sure, get that kill, by all means.

But if I come in to gank after picking up my red buff, you need to shut up and accept the assist. Especially because you still get a good amount of gold.

The .50 Caliber Cow

Pokemon GO away
Mar 12, 2011
Nope, I finished what you failed to end in time. Cry your fake tears of frustration and move on to your next conquest. Maybe you'll actually slaughter the guy in time.

KTHNXBAI

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
There has only been one time I've got angry because somebody took my kill. A almost two months ago, with the release of Halo Anniversary and the new Reach map pack that came with it, new achievements were added to Reach for those maps as well as a few extras for the other old map packs.

One of the achievements was that a player on a Defiant map, has to assassinate another player coming out of armor-lock. So in a team match on a Defiant map, I was in a fight with a guy and he went into armor-lock, so I ran around him and waited. As soon as he came out of it I succeeded in preforming the assassination, but while it was in the middle of showing the unique assassination move, right before it counted, one of my teammates ran up and shot the guy in the head with his DMR. And what made me even more mad, that not just did I not get the achievement I was looking for, that ass of a teammate started tea-bagging the guy's body like, "Oh yeah I'm awesome!"

I would have team killed the guy, but I don't do that on purpose, besides, the ass probably would have kicked me for getting my just revenge for his idiocy.