You will never be good at Melee again.

Brendan Stepladder

May 21, 2012
Suki_ said:
Im confused was that guy supposed to be really good or something?
Where would you get that preposterous notion from? My grandma is better at Smash Bros than the guy in the video.

oplinger

Sep 2, 2010
and how I just put it on youtube while working for a much better TAS testifies how unsatisfied I am with this video! Funny enough.
Sorry guy. TAS, tool assisted, not impressive.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Daystar Clarion said:
Ew, chain grabs and wavedashing.

Just the kind of Smash Bros player I despise.
Butbutbutbut that's how the pros do it Daystar!

Reminds me of how gay LoL has gotten since I last played. If you don't do everything according to the meta you're doing it wrong. Fuck e-sports.

Dec 14, 2009
Fappy said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Reminds me of how gay LoL has gotten since I last played. If you don't do everything according to the meta you're doing it wrong. Fuck e-sports.
No items!

Fox only!

Final Destination!

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Daystar Clarion said:
Fappy said:
Daystar Clarion said:

No items!

Fox only!

Final Destination!
I admit, at one time I was guilty of two of those rules on the list. We were really competitive back then! Don't look at me like that!

Fox's down-B is OP as balls.

oplinger

Sep 2, 2010
The Lazy Blacksmith said:
oplinger said:
and how I just put it on youtube while working for a much better TAS testifies how unsatisfied I am with this video! Funny enough.
Found the clip on Dorkly. Didn't bother to verify.
I don't blame you...TAS stuff is pretty badass >.> Mario 64 TAS runs are almost sexy. It's just hard to go "wow these guys are so good omg!" is all.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
oplinger said:
oplinger said:
I don't blame you...TAS stuff is pretty badass >.> Mario 64 TAS runs are almost sexy. It's just hard to go "wow these guys are so good omg!" is all.
I swear most of the Super Mario Bros. speed runs I have seen were all just programs. No way you can time piranha plant jumps that well.

Brendan Stepladder

May 21, 2012
Fappy said:
oplinger said:
oplinger said:
I swear most of the Super Mario Bros. speed runs I have seen were all just programs. No way you can time piranha plant jumps that well.
Well, I know what I'm looking up on Youtube now. ;)

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Fappy said:
oplinger said:
oplinger said:
Well, I know what I'm looking up on Youtube now. ;)
There is actually a good site dedicated to speed run videos. As far as I know they are almost all legit. The 4 minute Morrowind video is pure insanity: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Morrowind.html

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Fappy said:
Daystar Clarion said:

No items!

Fox only!

Final Destination!
Those people make Smogon look like jesus. Thats the most boring thing I've ever heard of for a game too.....

Off topic but I see all the STALKER's avialable on Steam for a steal, which one is the least buggy and the most worth getting?

Razentsu

Jun 21, 2011
Looks like competitive Smash players get a lot of hate. These guys simply enjoy playing this way, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I understand there are assholes who try to force everything unto you, but they are just a vocal minority in a fine community.

Anyway, no Smash thread is complete without:

WHERE YOU AT?!

SuperNova221

May 29, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:

He wouldn't do it if it wasn't effective. He's playing to win. No reason to hate him for it.

Dec 14, 2009
SuperNova221 said:
Daystar Clarion said:

He wouldn't do it if it wasn't effective. He's playing to win. No reason to hate him for it.
For the same reason Wesker in UMvC3 is effective.

Doesn't mean it's not cheap as fuck :D

Sep 14, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
SuperNova221 said:
Daystar Clarion said:

agreed, there are just some games out there, where the programmer who made the character could not have known how much of a troll character they were making for years of rage quits to come.

Even though i'm guilty of doing "FD no items" in the past, i definitely not was one of those exploitative doucherockets who claimed to be all skill then used those tactics.

Dec 14, 2009
gmaverick019 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
SuperNova221 said:
Daystar Clarion said:

agreed, there are just some games out there, where the programmer who made the character could not have known how much of a troll character they were making for years of rage quits to come.

Even though i'm guilty of doing "FD no items" in the past, i definitely not was one of those exploitative doucherockets who claimed to be all skill then used those tactics.
I think we're all guilty of the FD no items thing at least once :D

But then you realise the true spirit of the game is in the chaos of the stages and randomness of the items.