Your 18th

Batman

Feb 12, 2012
Wait till it's your 21'st then go out and do something stupid with your friends. Being drunk is a requirement.

RastaBadger

Jun 5, 2010
I'm 18 pretty soon but I don't have anything special planned. My parents are trying to convince me to do something but I can't really be bothered.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
I spent the morning in town with my girlfriend, then went up to London with my family and ate in the OXO tower restaurant. Probably went to see a play/show after, but I can't honestly remember which one.

EDIT: Post 2000.

Mighty Lighty

Mar 23, 2009
Death Carr said:
I'm not 18 yet, but I am planning to have a LAN party with about a dozen mates. We'll most likely be playing Halo, some Forza, Gears of War and most likely Minecraft. Food and Drinks will be the customary energy drinks and chips.
I'm hoping it'll be fun, and we won't end up very bored by the end of the night.
That actually sounds awesome

but instead I get to revise psychology and politics
Can I join you?

deidara

Nov 23, 2011
Genuine Evil said:
Im 19 and I haven?t celebrated my birthday in like 5 years .
Same for both actually. My birthday is just like every other day for me, ive never felt the need to go out and celebrate it. In fact there's been at least one year where I woke up not realizing it was my birthday until someone told me. I really couldn't care less.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I invited some friends, bought beer and cigarettes/snuff legally for the first time and made lots of home made pizza.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
My 18th birthday was spent being stuck at home, sick with mono. The day after the girl who gave it to me broke up with me.

I ended up needing to go to the hospital because my tonsils had swollen up too much and it was getting pretty hard to swallow anything or breathe. Still haven't gotten those things removed, though...

Overall, not the worst birthday I've ever had.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
I never celebrate my birthday anymore, stopped doing that when I was 10 years I think. The only kids I knew were in my class, and almost everyone in my class back then bullied me, so I just stopped celebrating my birthday.

OT: On my 18th birthday, I woke up in the morning, got dressed and went to school. Came home later that day and played some games on my 360.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Turned 18 last month - went clubbing, got smashed, spent close to £100 on drinks despite being bought an awful lot all night.

Was good.

3quency

Jun 12, 2009
I believe I took a bus into town, drank champagne and played Dark Heresy. My assassin got infected with sewer plagues.

It was a good night all in all.

not_you

Don't ask, or you won't know
Mar 16, 2011
Hmmmm, my 18th.... Which year was that again...?
2010? wow... that long ago?

I can't really remember what I did, probably because I did nothing at all... I didn't have a party... I didn't have a few celebratory drinks... I just sat at home, continuing to do nothing as I waited for university to start...
Actually, I remember exactly what I did...

sweet fuck-all...
and if you had've told me (back then) that in 2 years I would've accomplished nothing but a severe debt...
I probably would've believed you...

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
It was a Sunday, got some presents, had a cake and some coffee for family and friends. Next morning school. Weekend after that drunk as hell!

Navvan

Feb 3, 2011
Well it was a day like any other... with cake. Not much of a birthday celebrator, but Happy 18th OP.

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
I spent mine climbing up a mountain top, almost died in the process (not exaggerating), got caught in the mother of all rainstorms with a tiny metal shelter for protection and slept in a car. It was a pretty unique 18th I would say.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
You know I honestly don't remember. I kind of stopped having big birthday parties around 14, aside from my 21st birthday, which was still pretty low key compared to the stereotype. I'd imagine I had a nice dinner, followed by cake, ice cream, and a couple of presents, but an otherwise normal day.

Oh, and happy birthday, OP!

Edit: I should mention, unlike turning 21 (which allows you to do something you can enjoy at any time of the year, with or without anyone else and without the risk of it slowly killing you unless you go /way/ overboard), all turning 18 does is let you vote, smoke, join the army, and get married. I have no interest in smoking or joining the army, I had nobody to get married to, but I voted a couple of days later. See, I turned 18 in January of 2008, just a couple of days before the democratic primary in my state. I was able to vote immediately because our supervisor of elections does a good job helping people in situations like that pre-register, so they get their voter ID card right around their birthday.