Your Birthday.

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
30th January

I know there's at least some other escapist's that share the same birthday as me.

As well as Christian Bale.

Exocet

Pandamonium is at hand
Dec 3, 2008
August 5th:
Henry I crowned king,in 1100,that's pretty cool.
The Soviet Union formally annexes Latvia in 1940.

Oh,and Mandela was jailed,and the Chilean miners got trapped on my birthday.Gee,how joy-inspiring events my birthday offers to the world.

endisforever

Dec 7, 2009
Bobbity said:
20th of August.
I couldn't be bothered picking through all the events for the most interesting ones, but I share a birthday with H.P. Lovecraft. Cool or what?
That is cool. And it's my birthday too!

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
MercurySteam said:
04/04

Pretty much win, eh?
Not if you're Chinese... ultimate bad luck number there '4', but I gather you're not, so it doesn't matter.

Anyway OT: 100 yrs ago on my b'day George V was crowned... and on a dodgier note, Operation Barbarossa started on that day 70 yrs ago.

sylekage

Dec 24, 2008
On my birthday, some shit happened.

I looked and nothing too important came up. I was born, and another year on my life is always good.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
October 31st:
Nevada became the 36th state.
Mount Rushmore was completed.
Peter Jackson and I share the same birth date which I find completely awesome.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
My Birthday's today actually.

Nothing importent happened, no one famous was born or died.

darth.pixie

Jan 20, 2011
MrJKapowey said:
Just a quick thread to see what happened on/will happen on the birthdays of escapists that they regard as important.

Just give it a similar format as below:

My birthday is the 15th of March (The Ides of March) and on this day Gaius Julius Caesar was stabbed to death in the senate. Incidently, the Defiant mappack for HALO Reach is to be released on my birthday...

I swear, if anyone 'assassinates' or 'betrays' me..
It's also World Day of Muslim Culture, Peace, Dialogue and Film, the day the first Internet domain name is registered, the day the revolution of the Reform party against the Habsburg rulers and the day Rolls-Royce Limited is incorporated.

I'm also born on the 15th of March.

Lizardon said:
My Birthday's today actually.

Nothing importent happened, no one famous was born or died.
Happy birthday!

On the 28th, the Fourth Council of Constantinople closes, C.V. Raman discovered Raman effect, basketball is televised for the first time, Discoverer 1 is launched, Olof Palme is assassinated in Stockholm, the first Gulf War ends, the first flight of RQ-4 Global Hawk, the Nisqually Earthquake and the day Michel de Montaigne was born.

Daveeo

Feb 5, 2011
I share birthday with Jackie chan and russell crowe. And the day is ofc 7th april

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
I once found a Chocolate bar with my birthday as its experation date on it.
Thats not interesting per say, but I found it when I opened the box for my new monitor!
I mean it was sitting in the freaking box...

It's one of those "Do I eat it?" moments :p

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
July 27:

Maximilien Robespierre (Big guy in the French Revolution) is arrested
The Korean War ends

People who share my B-Day
-Bill Engval (Comedian)
-Triple H (Pro Wrestler)
-Abe Cunningham (Drummer for the Deftones)

Awesome.

darth.pixie

Jan 20, 2011
cyrogeist said:
did anything happen on April 23?
Battle of Villalar, Polish Constitution is adopted, Chinese Civil War, Second Serbian Uprising, Treaty of Oliwa, the gamma ray burst GRB 090423 is observed.

Also Julius Caesar Scaliger, Wei Yuan, Shirley Temple, Judy Davis were born and Shakespeare, Cervantes, de la Vega died. It's also Saint George's Day.

I think this is the only time I've ever used my history trivia...

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
darth.pixie said:
cyrogeist said:
did anything happen on April 23?
Battle of Villalar, Polish Constitution is adopted, Chinese Civil War, Second Serbian Uprising, Treaty of Oliwa, the gamma ray burst GRB 090423 is observed.

Also Julius Caesar Scaliger, Wei Yuan, Shirley Temple, Judy Davis were born and Shakespeare, Cervantes, de la Vega died. It's also Saint George's Day.

I think this is the only time I've ever used my history trivia...
wow thats impressive thank you for telling me that