Your Bottom 5 Of Gen 7?

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Far Cry 2 - That game was such a damn chore. You couldn't drive a hundred meters without being ambushed by people and having to fight your way out. And the destination of the journey was never worth it.

Dragon Age: Origins - I didn't feel like there was a single original thought in this game and that really started to grate. I didn't help that I absolutely hated every single character in the game (except the dog) and as a result couldn't care about the story one way or the other.

There are some other games that I thought could have been a whole lot better (LA Noire, GTA IV, FFXIII, Bioshock), but Far Cry 2 and DA:O are the only ones I really disliked.

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
Games that were among the worst games (top 50?) i've ever played (excluding demos):
Enslaved (Just awful on every level, you basically never play it, as it constantly changes gameplay style and constantly holds your hand. Terrible game design and a boring world)

Alone in the Dark (Bland and broken. Even if it wasn't broken it would still be bland and boring though :/)

Legendary (I don't even know where to start...)

Dear Esther ( I just didn't care for the story at all, pretentious rubbish that was very poorly told. I don't buy this method as an effective wat to tell a story and Dear Esther only helped prove my point. To make it worse, the story is so basic and empty that it does nothing to engage, there are no likeable characters only a lot of symbolism and convoluted poorly written dialouge that tries to hide the fact that the story is shallow and empty.)

Dissapointing games:

Dishonored (I was looking forward to it for a long time, but it was just so unnappealing and boring to play. I detest the way they chose to tell their boring story, the visual style was uninteresting and worst of all: The stealth wasn't fun or engaging...)

Castlevania Lords of Shadows ( A very bland rip-off of God of War, that basically killed of my favorite series. They removed everything i liked about the Castlevania series and made it all about their terribly told story.)

Bioshock Infinite ( I was expecting something fun, but the gameplay was watered down and frustrating compared to Bioshock 1-2 and the story seemed to be the focus despite it being quite awful.)

That's some of the stuff that springs to mind, luckily there's plenty of good stuff out there

Crises^

Sep 21, 2010
Final Fantasy 13 - couldn't believe how linear it was.

Resident evil 4/5/6 - hardly any puzzles and didn't feel like a survival horror but more like an action game.

Tomb raider - Again no decent puzzles which is the whole reason why I get a tomb raider game.

Guild wars 2 - board the ever loving shit out of me so much I actually resubscribed to WoW as I really wanted to play an MMO

Mass Effect - only played it for the first time a year ago and after all the recommendations it got thought I'd better give it a try. Now I am not saying this is a bad game but I was more let down by the fact I didn't enjoy it which led me to not trying mass effect 2 or 3.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Big_Willie_Styles said:
I loved Skyward Sword. My favorite game of the generation actually (I count Twilight Princess as part of the generation before it.) I never had a problem with the controls (except I would occasionally bungle the Skyward Strike.)
Same here.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong since everyone (read: majority) are saying the controlls are awful. For me they worked just fine, and I played the game twice and my friend who borrowed the game and control had no trouble either.

My dissapointments for last gen would be Baroque, bought the game based on a description from a few websites, seemed interesting enough but wasn't my cup of tea.
The second dissapointment would be the third game of Operation Rainfall: Pandoras Tower. Just waaaay too repetative gameplay. Bosses were interesting though.

Can't remember any others I've played at the moment I'd count as complete dessapointments.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
- Dragon Age 2 - Why is this game uglier than Origins? Why does it think i care about the death of a character that got introduced 5 seconds ago? Might as well be a nameless npc! Why does everything look the bloody same? Why do enemies constantly respawn rendering any tactical moves useless? Why is this combat so booring? Why is every character so ugly? Why does every character except one act like they just jammed a crowbar into their face? And why isn't the one exception to this the fucking main character that i am playing?! Why is this game so HORRIBLE?
- Far Cry 2 - While most of if it was functional as proved by Far Cry 3, when you drag it on too long everything becomes booring.
- Total War Rome 2 - Ugh, ok creative assembly, since you started throwing feature after feature out of your games since Empire you now reached the point were the games become entirely pointless. I don't see one reason to play this games while games like EU 4 or CK 2 exists.
- Splinter Cell Double Agent - God, that game was baaaad. Nice ideas, horrible execution.

Other than that ... not much, but i am only listing games i bought, so i would probably say Duke Nukem Forever.

Sakurazaki1023

Feb 15, 2010
kilenem said:
Sakurazaki1023 said:
But what about the Bolt gun in KZ3. That was the only reason I would go back and replay that game. A round that nails your enemy to a wall and exploded. It reminds me of when FPS use to be about fun weapons and not 50 shades of brown.
I used it a bit during the campaign, but since I had just finished playing Resistance 3 I was mostly underwhelmed by the weapon variety in KZ.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Games that we're truly "oh why the hell am I playing this" bad?
Kane & Lynch
Duke Nukem Forever

Games that we're truly "some may like it but, meh!"
Just Cause 2
Deus Ex: HR

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
The games listed might not be genuinely bad but I didn't like them and I don't feel I got anywhere close to my money's worth with them. I'll also keep it to games I actually bought and not ones that came as part of a package in a Steam / Humblebundle deal.

1) GTA 4 - I've been vocal about this one and it's clearly the worst game I've played this generation. I got sucked in by the constant perfect scores AND player hype only to buy a game which just disappointed on every level. I ultimately sold it within a couple weeks to a co-worker who loved the game. So at least I didn't get totally ripped off by it.

2) L.A. Noire: This game was sheer boredom. I bought it for under $10.00 on Steam because I was hesitant and my instincts were correct. This is a game that proves how 'realism' does not always equal fun. If the game had a better checkpoint system or better yet, an autosave feature I might have 'forced' myself through more than about 6 or so cases. As it stands, the story wasn't compelling enough to push me forward. The protagonist was as dull as they come. And the game play put me to sleep. I love that this game tries something new but it just didn't connect with me on any level.

3) Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword: The controls felt broken and this killed the game for me. I want to love it but I can't get a smooth control experience. I freely admit that this is my own fault because reviewers and players alike praise this game for great control. The fact is, despite 10+ hours of play, I can't do an accurate angular swipe if my life depends on it. I'm fighting with the controls more then I'm enjoying the experience or getting immersed in the game

4) Resident Evil 6: Honestly, this game probably deserves the number 1 spot as I consider it to be the 'worst' actual game on my list. However, it takes 4th spot because I had the good fortune to play this co-op side by side with a friend which resulted in a good deal of fun. We both hated the game, the controls were awful, the story was bad in a way that wasn't even 'cheesy', and it didn't remotely feel like a Resident Evil franchise game 90% of the time. Despite all of this...I had moments of fun playing co-op with a friend and that elevates it beyond the experiences the above games.

5) Skyrim: Similar to GTA 4 this game was a victim of overwhelming hype. I LOVED Oblivion and easily invested 1000 hours+ into that game. Skyrim on the other hand felt immediately dated. It plays like an expansion with improved graphics but worse characters and stories. The combat in this series has aged terribly and when Skyrim came out it really showed.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Well this is a lot easier than my top 5.

Too Human. mhm!

Sonic 06: Yeah really you can?t make this list and not put that game on it. Even if you didn?t play it just watch a Game Grumps video and that will be enough.

Duke Nukem Forever: Because ?I guess you?re, fucked! HehehehDERP!!?
Yes Duke you sure are a likable character, cracking wise at girls who have been raped and impregnated by aliens. Gah again fuck the people who made that game.

Gears of War 3: Why didn?t they make it a rail shooter and save my fingers some trouble. Why couldn?t they have taken the pens from the writers to save me a headache?! If the story isn?t important enough that they relegate the important stuff to the books then why bother pretending it matters at all Cliffy.

Fable 2: Sequels are supposed to take what was established in the predecessor and expand upon it. You don?t fucking condense and make it less than what the first game was!

Honorable mentions

Saints Row: It may have Keith David but this game is still pretty bleh.

Far Cry 2: What the F*ck am I supposed to do! Oh yeah and the enemy AI and its instant agro and the gun play and fire fights were absolutely infuriating.

Crack Down: This is actually a recent revelation to me. It must have been the jumping that convinced me this was a good game back in 07 because holy hell is this game terrible.

the_great_cessation

Nov 29, 2011
I only have one title I bought and thought was trash and that was Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom. Annoying v/o, amateur dialogue, clunky controls, boring puzzles and really sloppy combat are all I remember about this title.

Besides that, I've generally been good at avoiding outright horrible games with the majority of games I have played and disliked being out of personal preference and not any real fault of the games.

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
In no particular order (because ranking shit doesn't stop it from being shit)-

Aliens: Colonial Marines
Final Fantasy XIII
Halo 4
Assassin's Creed 3
Beyond: Two Souls

7th gen really fucked up the end game, which is why the only current gen console I'm even thinking about buying is a WiiU.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
- Sonic 2006
- Alone in the Dark

Those are the only two games that I stopped playing due to how bad they were.

Others include:
- Fable 3 (finished it, but it was beyond meh),
- FTL (couldn't bother with it after I realised how luck dependant the whole thing is),
- GTA 4 (so boring I played about 30 minutes of it)

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
Final Fantasy XIII - Relentlessly linear for such a long time, and then when the world finally opens up a bit you realize the game is boring.

Duke Nukem Forever - I wish this could have remained unreleased, a legend of the game that never was. Because what they did release was mediocre and forgettable.

Modern Warfare 3 - I actually loved Modern Warfare 1 and 2. When I try to examine MW3 I can't really put my finger on exactly what they did differently that made 3 suck. Maybe I just burned out on linear military shooters by that time. Maybe the story just got too unbelievable with Russia invading all of Europe simultaneously after a failed invasion of the US.

Medal of Honor - They jumped on the modern military shooter bandwagon a couple years too late and it seemed to be a really half-assed effort. It's about as bad as Battlefield 3's single-player campaign except that Medal of Honor's multiplayer kinda sucked while BF3's was awesome.

Diablo III - The presence of the auction houses completely unbalanced the game. What you could buy in the auction house was always far more powerful than what you could reasonably expect to find or craft in the game itself unless you were extremely lucky. And stat boosts from items basically boiled down to "if it increases your primary stat more than the other thing, use it. Completely ignore every other number".

kmg90

Jan 21, 2009
F3AR (FEAR 3) - Day 1 studios sucking at their best

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - I played the hell out of the first game and the sequel was just mega disappointment

Road to Retribution - *shivers* probably the last time I blindly pickup game based on looking at the game box....