Your current book...

Jazzyjazz2323

Jan 19, 2010
The second Commissar Cain(The mighty brave and devout hero of the IMPERIUM!) novel by Sandy Mitchell it's so far as good as the first.

gamemeister27

Oct 26, 2009
Sit 'n Go Strategy-Expert Advice For Beating One-Table Poker Tournaments

The Poker Tournament Formula

Harrington on Cash Games-How to Win at No-Limit Hold'em Money Games.

What? I like poker ok.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Nocturnal Gentleman said:
Sonicron said:
Bathelt & Glückler: "Wirtschaftsgeographie" ( = Economical Geography).

Aren't you glad you're not me?
Actually no, I wish I was you. That sounds slightly more interesting than countless books on identifying trees, measuring trees, estimating value of trees, and trying to figure out if certain species will remain stable on the market.
Fair enough, that sounds dreadful - but then again I've never been able to get into botany, anyway.

The book I'm reading (or, rather, just finished a few minutes ago) isn't even dull or anything. It's the fact that I had to read it and drill it into my head in the space of two days, because I have an exam - check that, half an exam - on its content on Monday and haven't been able to study for it yet because of all the other exams.

Doesn't help that I'm a slow reader as well (If I'm really fast I can manage perhaps a 400-page novel a day).

R4GNOR0K

Feb 14, 2009
At the moment I am reading:
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Phillip K. Dick (The inspiration for Blade Runner)
The Time Machine by H. G. Wells
1984 by George Orwell
Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
The Complete Works of Oscar Wilde
Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
and The Hitchhiker's Trilogy by Douglas Adams (It has all five books!)

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
RAMBO22 said:
Livy's "History of Rome: Books 1-2".

If you are at all interested in classical history, it's fascinating stuff.

Livy starts with the exodus of Aenas and others from Troy and ends his second book at about 460 BC, not sure at precisely what event.

Would I recommend it? Absolutely!
I've read that book, and I loved it.

I bought a whole bunch of classical history books and that was one of them, and after reading Tacitus's "The Annuals of Imperial Rome", that was such a nice breath of relief.

gamefreakbsp

Sep 27, 2009
I am reading the Faith Of the Fallen by Terry Goodkind. It is book 6 in the Sword of Truth series he writes. the recently cancelled TV show Legend of the Seeker is based off of them. Thoroughly enjoyable I think.

E-Penguin

Jun 7, 2010
Currently I'm reading W40k: Horus Heresy: "The Flight of The Eisenstein". It's a great book in a great series. In fact, it was recommended to me by someone at this very forum!

Edit: "ormyst Vuer"? what the hell, captcha.

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
Physics. The fourth edition by James Walker.

No i do not recommend it, but if you know what I'm talking about, you gotta read it anyways *sob*

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
chromewarriorXIII said:
Not reading anything currently, but I just finished the Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. I put down the third book after finishing it and immediately wanted to pick it up again and start reading it all over again.

That's a recommendation if you can't tell.
The third book is out already? I thought it wasn't ready for another month?

OT: I'm currently reading At The Gates of Darkness, from Feist. I think it's the 26th book of Feist. Certainly not the best, the first book takes that title, but it's certainly enjoyable.

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
I´m halfway through Stephen King´s "The Stand". So far, so good! Great character development and tense storyteling make this book really compelling.

Dularn

Nov 7, 2006
Currently reading The Wheel of Time, book four - The Shadow Rising.

I figured it was time for a re-read of the series seeing as I picked up the first book 8 years ago.

It's been an interesting re-read, there is so much stuff that I had forgotten, or not picked up on, or feel about differenly now as opposed to when I was 15 reading the books for the first time.

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
SamuelT said:
chromewarriorXIII said:
Not reading anything currently, but I just finished the Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. I put down the third book after finishing it and immediately wanted to pick it up again and start reading it all over again.

Nope it's out. According to the copyright date it's been out since 2008.

superdude22

Aug 10, 2010
Assassin's creed Brotherhood by Oliver Bowden very fun read a must for anyone who likes the AC games

WittyName

Jan 3, 2009
Just resumed reading 'The Divine Comedy' and am currently about 10 cantos into Purgatorio.
It's nice to settle back into it. :D

Hosker

Aug 13, 2010
I am reading: The Count of Monte Cristo, which is amazing; A Game of Thrones, which is also brilliant; and the Colour of Magic, which is pretty meh.

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
chromewarriorXIII said:
SamuelT said:
chromewarriorXIII said:

Nope it's out. According to the copyright date it's been out since 2008.
...The hell.

Those people at my local bookstore are liars/i>.

Time for internet orderage.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
mrnomas said:
The only thing I've ever seen of The Dresden Files was the dreadful Sci-Fi show. That poster makes me want to check it out now. That's pretty epic.
The show was... atrocious.

The amount of detail and backstory in the books cannot possibly be covered by a TV show.