Your current book...

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
I'm in the middle of John Dies at the End by David Wong. It's a pretty funny book and it's really good. Don't know what I'll look at next

KuwaSanjuro

Dec 22, 2010
Reading Lord of the Flies for the first time, following that with One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (loved the film, hope I love the book), then I am going to start Homer's Odyssey (seriously) or Don Quixote (which is long but a lot of people say it is one of the best books of all time).

T8B95

Jul 8, 2010
Rules of Deception by Christopher Reich

I get the feeling that Reich is a good writer who doesn't take himself seriously at all. The book is well written, the characters are alright, and it blends actual events and fiction nicely, but all of this doesn't excuse the fact that in the last hundred pages the plot goes batshit insane.

I'm going on a trip on Wednesday, so I'm taking a le Carre book I've never read before (A Most Wanted Man) and Frederick Forsythe's Day of the Jackal, which is officially the best modern thriller ever written, and one of the best books ever.

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
I am Legend. Such an awesome book, but so short, I finished the story and am now on the short stories that follow it.

Nocturnal Gentleman

Mar 12, 2010
Sonicron said:
Bathelt & Glückler: "Wirtschaftsgeographie" ( = Economical Geography).

Aren't you glad you're not me?
Actually no, I wish I was you. That sounds slightly more interesting than countless books on identifying trees, measuring trees, estimating value of trees, and trying to figure out if certain species will remain stable on the market.

I don't really do too much personal reading anymore for two reasons. First, I have no control over the story and if I don't like how it goes I can't do anything about it. Two, most books just don't hold my interest like they used to. I don't know maybe I just read too many (I read fast so I end up going through 670-800 page books in a day or so).

However I do like to look at weird short stories and comics still. I'm currently looking at a comic called "Chew". It's fairly funny. Mostly though I'm focusing on writing my own stories.

RAMBO22

Jul 7, 2009
Livy's "History of Rome: Books 1-2".

If you are at all interested in classical history, it's fascinating stuff.

Livy starts with the exodus of Aenas and others from Troy and ends his second book at about 460 BC, not sure at precisely what event.

Would I recommend it? Absolutely!

barrettlicious

Feb 25, 2009
Currently reading "Wicked: The Life and Times of The Wicked Witch of the West". It's really good, but the book is extremely political. Still, a worthwhile and imaginative read.

Chefodeath

Dec 31, 2009
Atlas Shrugged

I'm only reading it because I have some friends exhibiting alarmingly cult-like behavior towards the whole "objectivism" thing, saying that Atlas is the greatest book ever written, balh blah. Every attempt I make at questioning this pseudo-philosophy is met with "You just don't understand because you haven't read Atlas yet."

So I'm reading it to harvest suitable material to troll them with. The harvest is going good.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
"MEMOIRS OF THE SECOND WORLD WAR" By Sir Winston Churchill.

If your interested for some interesting reading it's pretty good for a history book or rather "This is not history; this is my case,"

Browbeat

Jul 21, 2009
Just finished - Flowers for Algernon

Currently - Dead Space: Martyr

Next up- The Sabbat Worlds

Because I am an avid gamer, I work up a backlog of books I mean to get to, and... Well, let's just say my bedside nightstand has 3 separate stacks of paperbacks (Established Universe Fiction, Independent Fiction, Non-scifi/fiction) six deep apiece, and a tower of Omnibi about 3 feet tall, mostly Richard Knaak, Dan Abnett, Christie Golden, Anne McAffry, etc. I branch out to different writers, both known and obscure, but I'm bottlenecked by my urge to hold a controller and flick the mouse...

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
House of Leaves. That book should be forbidden, it's designed to obsess people.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
ThatLankyBastard said:
Just wondering what all the Escapists are currently reading... pretty simple right?

So, what book are you currently reading? Is it good? Would you suggest it?

For me, I'm reading "Red Harvest" by Joe Schreiber...

3 words... Star Wars Zombies...

I suggest it!
ZOMG Me too!

Well actually I'm listening to the Audiobook read by John Glover. Very good.

I'm also reading my way through the New Jedi Order book series (well I'm up to the second one).