Your current book...

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Just finished Mogworld and was going to start The Road, but with school, haven't had time to start it yet...

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
Just recently finished the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and the first 3 Harry Potter books.

Now, I'm moving on too I Am Number 4 ( The concept is interesting, but the writing is so dry and the characters seem lifted straight from archetypes. Plus, John sounds like a robot. But it could be a bit of Fridge Brilliance, as the characters are supposed to be Aliens

William Ossiss

Apr 8, 2010
im re-reading Exile, while reading the first book to the dresden files, and am in the middle of book 8 of the rangers apprentice series... as well as reading a book call "players at the game of people" and re-reading ringworld.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
I've just started reading through Thud again (Pratchett) as I've not touched the city watch story lines in a while now.

Devetta

Aug 14, 2009
Eagle in the Sky by Wilbur smith.
I finished it yesterday and immediately started re-reading it. I can honestly say it's made it into my top 5 favourite books. It's so very descriptively detailed that you can see everything happening in minds eye, particularly the more gruesome scenes (lets just say a character is burnt alive).
I was skeptical at first on whether or not I'd get into it as it's not my usual taste, however, 10 pages in I was hooked. It's got pretty much everything.

I'm also reading the Lincoln Rayne series by Jeffery Deaver, one of my favourite authors.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
chromewarriorXIII said:
Not reading anything currently, but I just finished the Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. I put down the third book after finishing it and immediately wanted to pick it up again and start reading it all over again.

That's a recommendation if you can't tell.
Difinitely good books, but honestly, I can't stand the ending.
Sad and a cliff-hanger. She dies and the high king hasn't even really become the high king yet.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Zaverexus said:
Le Comte de Monte Cristo
... except in English.
Dumas rocks
I love that book, I've read it twice, and Dumas does rock!

I'm reading Demons by Dostoyevsky, and I'm almost done with it, thank god. Not that I don't like it, the story is really interesting, but there's so much back story to everything that I've gotten lost a few times.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Paradise Lost. Again. Read it when I was 8 years old, and decided to pick up a new copy in January. Such a fantastic read. The imagery is phenomenal.

2733 said:
beyond good and evil by Nietzsche which is actually part of a massive brick of a compilation of his works, serious stuff and a little on the heavy side
Thus Spoke Zarathustra is a worthy read as well. More esoteric and mind-bending, though.

SilverHammerMan

Jul 26, 2009
Um, I feel a little out of place in this thread but whatever. I'm reading Last Words, George Carlin's autobiography, it's pretty fascinating to me. After that though I'll be tackling 1984.

Tuddle

Nov 12, 2009
Right now I am reading The Shining by Stephen King.

Then when I'm done that book I'm going to read Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane.

And if I survive that I will read Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein.

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
Pillars of Creation by Terry Goodkind. It's the seventh book of the Sword of Truth series. I've read the whole series before a few years back, and since some of the details are fuzzy, I can read it without spoiling the whole thing. XD

I started on Wizard's First Rule, which is the first book, in December, so I'm making pretty good time.

Sovereign _909

Jul 6, 2010
The Emperor's Finest: A Ciaphas Cain Novel

A great series set in the Warhammer 40k universe, a nice blend of grim darkness and snarky humor.

PorkChopXpress

Huzzah!
Aug 8, 2010
Because I put it off for too long: Blade Runner (a movie) by William S. Burroughs - not related to the Ridley Scott movie

UberMore

Sep 7, 2008
The Fry Chronicles.
Such a great read by such a fascinating man (Stephen Fry), it's just a tad too much to take in right before you fall asleep, which is when I like to read.

daftalchemist

Aug 6, 2008
The third omnibus of Gotrek & Felix. I think I'm finally fed up with Felix's character though, so who knows if I'll actually finish it.