Your curse when playing a game

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
*Half an hour of gaming and skyping goes by*

Friend: Hey Josh, you haven't talked in like half an hour, are you muted?

Me: .... FUCK.

Satan

Dec 10, 2012
I cannot finish games, I cannot remember the last game I finished, I buy games all the time but grow bored of them.

Zanderinfal

Nov 21, 2009
God damn, MOTHER FUCKING immersion breaking moments when you computer tabs out for some reason, or the lag drops I get. I can play Black Mesa on 60fps on Maximum, but I play for more than 5-10 minutes and it will drop to an absolutely UNBELIEVABLE 2fps!

FUCK THAT, the game is hard enough! I don't need lag to add to that!

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
The RNG is always...

On my side. It rarely sides against me, and has saved my ass a few times. If something important comes down to chance, you can place your bets that I'll be the one that passes the check and moves on. I'm just unnaturally lucky when it comes to certain things in games.

JohnReaper

Jun 8, 2009
I WILL NEVER EVER EVER not die to a nade.

my entire team could toss a nade threw a window, no problem. Myself? It will bounce off the fucking cross section right back into my face. I swear to god I've said OH GOD DAMN IT more times when playing any shooter thanks to my own nades.

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
I used to always stop playing a game when I was right near the end, like I couldn't bear for it to be over (except that sometimes I just want to take a break, that's normal, right?). This was more of a curse in ridiculously long games.
I stopped playing Half-Life, Opposing Force about 2 loading zones from the end, thinking I was only halfway through. BUT.
I stopped playing System Shock 2 when I got to deck 6 of the Van Braun, and again when I got to the Rickenbacker.
I stopped playing Deus Ex at least two or three times for LONG periods of time, only to discover that at neither point was I anywhere near the end (first time JC gets captured and has to break out, the sinking of the ship, maybe a third spot somewhere).
I almost did the same thing with those 3 goddamned sphinxes in Dark Void, stopping for a couple of days and checking a walkthrough to make sure it wasn't completely bugged (it was only partly bugged). As you all know, there wasn't nearly enough game left after those sphinxes anyway...
Exile 3: Ruined World I had the same problem. I could never get to the fourth tower and I didn't want to go into the middle one until I'd done it (joke's on me - you get to the fourth tower FROM the middle one).
Chrome Spec Ops I stopped on the second-to-last mission, so by the time I came back an finished it there wasn't much left.
I stopped on what I thought was the last mission of Chaser, only to discover YEARS later that it was actually the beginning of the third (and most interesting) act.
Stopped on the third and last chapter of the original Heretic. Still never finished that.
Stopped near the end of Quake II : Ground Zero (ONE MORE LEVEL, dammit!)
Stopped Unreal multiple times, just like Deus Ex. Nowhere near the end, of course.
There'll be some others, but those are the ones I could find on short notice.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
No matter what i'm usually always on the losing team, on Halo 4 i've played a total of 300+ games and only 79 of them i've won. and i want a set of armour that only unlocks if i win so many games of Dominion, which is a pain in the ass because every team i get put on only ever captures one base and then defends it to the bitter end allowing the other team to capture the other two and earn 60 points ever 30 seconds while we only earn 30.

oh and everyone on the opposite team has a rocket launcher/incineration cannon/fuel rod gun and there never is one when a scorpion or wraith is tearing your team a new one.

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
Satan said:
I cannot finish games, I cannot remember the last game I finished, I buy games all the time but grow bored of them.
I used to have the same problem. I just posted about it, funnily enough.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
I never use limited use items unless it's necessary for progression, and will have to be really close to death to use things like antidotes.

I hoard EVERYTHING. To the point where I am playing Dark Souls at the moment, and in all 4 of my concurrent playthroughs, I have stored the item 'Rubbish', which in its own description states that it is useless and you would have to be mentally deficient to keep it.

In roguelike-sort of games, I get impatient for good items after a bunch of playthroughs and often end up losing interest if I have a few runs with subpar items.

I have a heart attack when put in a position of responsibility. Every time I have to defend territory in Armored Core V, fend off an invader in Dark Souls, or are at the top of the scoreboard in an FPS or Assassin's Creed or something, I practically get a headache from my own heart beating. It's ridiculous.

I love to customise, and will never have enough custom loadouts, or their equivalents, to satisfy my insatiable lust for customising. Armored Core V has 50 garage spaces. I had to make 3 accounts so far just to save all my mechs. Armored Core for Answer has 200, 100 of which are so you can port over designs from AC4. I did that, and later deleted all my AC4 designs to make room for more ACfA ones.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Padwolf said:
My curse is on League of Legends. Whenever I decide that I'll go middle and work on that, whoever I am always gets countered hard. Every single damn time. There will be the odd very rare occasion where I'm not countered, but 90% of the time I am :(
Hey you could just use the "new meta!" excuse and go Riven mid (Irelia if you're feeling really sadistic. True damage hurts >:D) You can at least play her decently, the squishy APs will be dazed and confused with these new bruiser mid shenanigans. Oh tell me you don't do the Season 3 thing and stack Black Cleavers now? Seriously, what is with that?

Or you could do what I do and go Katarina... Max W, roam around a bit and lol fed Katarina GG.

Who do you go mid with anyway? I have only seen you go Riven top. We probably should get more games going together. Rookie can come too if he stops bitching about LAAAAAAAG! 100000 PING!

Oh you should have seen him RAGE over Irelia being OP (in his opinion.) He actually ragequitted a Teemo game when he died three times top against her, every other word out of his mouth was "OP" and/or "slut"

I have never seen him actually ragequit before, especially unexpected when he's playing Captain Fucking Teemo. He was so emotionally affected he changed both his Skype picture and status to Better Nerf Irelia related things.

Then he declared that he was going Irelia top next game "oh i'm so OP I can't lose," did kinda ok then made some downright stupid decisions and decided that Irelia is shit and Vayne is SUPER OP URMAGERD SO MUCH DAMAGE! NOBODY ELSE IN THE GAME DOES THIS MUCH DAMAGE! EVER!

To be fair to him, Vayne statistically does have the highest amount of Pentakills out of every single Champion in the game. Still not OP, just the hyper carry being the hyper carry. An invisible hyper-carry to be precise XD

BishopofAges

Sep 15, 2010
After playing Diablo 1 in my youth, I cannot walk through any area in any game without checking all the walls, nooks and passageways before going up or down a floor or moving out of a zone. It made playing Amnesia very difficult, but rewarding when I found more oil, tinderboxes, etc, but it makes every game of 'The Binding of Isaac' that much harder to finish. Same thing for shooters like Bioshock or Left 4 Dead, gonna trigger something or find something just a roll of the dice.

Aside from that I suffer from 'cant be the bad guy' 'Sneaky Bastard' and 'Unconventional Weapon' illnesses.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
The Wykydtron said:
Padwolf said:
My curse is on League of Legends. Whenever I decide that I'll go middle and work on that, whoever I am always gets countered hard. Every single damn time. There will be the odd very rare occasion where I'm not countered, but 90% of the time I am :(
Hey you could just use the "new meta!" excuse and go Riven mid (Irelia if you're feeling really sadistic. True damage hurts >:D) You can at least play her decently, the squishy APs will be dazed and confused with these new bruiser mid shenanigans. Oh tell me you don't do the Season 3 thing and stack Black Cleavers now? Seriously, what is with that?

Or you could do what I do and go Katarina... Max W, roam around a bit and lol fed Katarina GG.

Who do you go mid with anyway? I have only seen you go Riven top. We probably should get more games going together. Rookie can come too if he stops bitching about LAAAAAAAG! 100000 PING!

Oh you should have seen him RAGE over Irelia being OP (in his opinion.) He actually ragequitted a Teemo game when he died three times top against her, every other word out of his mouth was "OP" and/or "slut"

I have never seen him actually ragequit before, especially unexpected when he's playing Captain Fucking Teemo. He was so emotionally affected he changed both his Skype picture and status to Better Nerf Irelia related things.

Then he declared that he was going Irelia top next game "oh i'm so OP I can't lose," did kinda ok then made some downright stupid decisions and decided that Irelia is shit and Vayne is SUPER OP URMAGERD SO MUCH DAMAGE! NOBODY ELSE IN THE GAME DOES THIS MUCH DAMAGE! EVER!

To be fair to him, Vayne statistically does have the highest amount of Pentakills out of every single Champion in the game. Still not OP, just the hyper carry being the hyper carry. An invisible hyper-carry to be precise XD
I tend to mid with Ahri or Annie, I am learning to play Morgana though at the moment and I'm having a lot of fun with her. Haven't played her in a PVP game yet though D: I have done Irelia mid once, it was so much fun! The enemy champion didn't know what to do :D I should try it with Riven some time, that would be amazing. I did try Katarina, I tried really hard and played her lots but it just didn't work out :( And I don't stack Black Cleavers! I just don't get that either. It's just so unnecessary.

:O Captain Teemo lost? I... I don't even know what to say... I didn't even think that could happen! And he wants my precious Irelia to be nerfed?!

Vayne is annoying to go against, you're right, she isn't exactly OP, just the hyper carry. It is annoying as hell though.

We should get more games going together! :D

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Curse of frustrating console ports. Curse of too simple games. Curse of Evil trailers that lie.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Any game with inventory (most likely an RPG then) - I'm terrible for hording items, especially weapons, that I am unlikely to ever need. Especially bad for this with Borderlands 2 - even with all the extra storage you can get in that game between the bank, your own inventory and Claptraps stash, I have them all full to the brim with weapons and shields that are of now use to me but I keep them all just in case. In case of what I have no idea....

Back when I payed WoW, I always had the following strange thing happen, but only ever in dungeon runs. Seemingly without reason, my character would start running in some bizarre backwards quarter circle motion, over and over again. Nothing could be done to stop it, I just to ride it out until it finished. Never experienced it until Cataclysm, things were fine before that... Still, it did add a new level of challenge to the boss fights. :)

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I have a few. First is grenades. I can be at the very edge of the blast radius and at full health, armor, ect. and still get killed, but my grenades seem to not do shit half the time even if the enemy is standing right on top of the damn thing.
The second is walls. I can not tell you the number of times walls have caused my death. Be it trying to back out of an area and getting caught on the side of the door, or trying to throw a grenade or shoot a rocket and hitting the corner, or the half inch tall piece of crap in the middle of the floor that is apparently actually six inches high and covered in super adhesive.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
When I'm on a roll, as in doing good and having fun in a game, its almost as if its the game's obligation and sudden knowledge to RUIN. MY. DAY.

To put it simply Dark Souls does what Dark Souls wants, so when Dark Souls wants me to die to Four Kings only centimeters worth of a health bar away from killing them, I get gang banged by all 4 Freakin' Kings. And on the way back to fight them I slip off the edge, die, and lose everything. Dark Souls has spoken, and I have to live with it...

Same can be said about every other game: Shadow of the Colossus does what Shadow of the Colossus wants! And if it wants me to re-climb a Colossus after 20 min. Its cause Shadow of the Colossus said so!!!

And I hate it...

afroebob

Oct 1, 2011
Zhukov said:
Hey, see all that ammo I just found for that one really powerful gun?

Yeah, I'm going to save that for later.

*roll credits*
Pretty much this. I can't ever use my big guns, even if I'm fighting Satan and an army of robot Hitlers I'll save it because I'm worried I'm going to need it later.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
The Wykydtron said:
Padwolf said:

Random snips or somethin' I 'unno

We should get more games going together! :D
As long as I can keep my jungle you're welcome on my team! I'm just too excited over the new Nocturne skin to stop playing him XD

The new Paranoia animation makes me want to fearlessly jump on people even more than usual! It's amazing! He corkscrews through the air and headbutts someone! It's so cool from max range! He has these cool metallic sound effects now, i've decided he's actually a Reaper. A mini Reaper, but a Reaper nonetheless!

If you ever see me play Nocturne for a few games you should notice that I love to Man Mode into some ridiculous tower dives. My premade 5 man team sometimes don't expect me to go for it. I don't give them much notice to be fair.

You and Rookie can trade top and mid whenever, he's really into Heimerdinger at the moment. I like our double assassin lanes. His "#1 Zed EU" (he has a slight ego problem) top and my Katarina/Diana mid. No squishy carries are safe!

I like playing AD carry but the only ones I can play well are Caitlyn and Miss Fortune. Ezreal is too hard :( Caitlyn's autoattack range is so stupidly awesome, she has two forms of CC and her ult is an exercise in that weird pleasure of "oh you thought you got away did you? I don't think so..." I like making people jump to take the bullet. Especially when people are too slow and they're like "noooooooooooooo!" *boom*

You ever see that Dunkey video (called Weo Weo Caitlyn) where he spends the last 30 seconds of the video laughing manically over his Cait ults? Yeah pretty much that.

I just love MF's voice. The ult... So fun.