Your cutie mark

Aug 1, 2010
A nice pretty Hacksaw.

I never did understand why the call it that though.....

[image/]http://cdn.betacie.net/fmylife/data/en/membres/original/16c782c42a679106e8dda2fbafaee5e8.jpg[/IMG]

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
Either a guitar, a music clef, or the Keywork Symbol (Coheed and Cambria Logo). Music is a big part of my life, and I am learning to play guitar. My favorite band being Coheed and Cambria.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
SckizoBoy said:
Alucard 11189 said:
Yeah, all the Baker Venkataramen rearrangement essentially is, is Claisen, I had to draw out and explain the Claisen condensation reaction in my presentation/oral exam, but you would be surprised how many in my group didn't know it, and I didn't have any problems whatsoever with the synthesis, the toughest was the Ruthenium chemistry was the most difficult as some of the bloody complexes didn't want to be synthesized! The [Ru(II)(dppz)(phen)2]2+ complex was quite easy to synthesize, as was the [Ru(II)(Phen)3]2+ but one of them (I forget which) just wouldn't bloody cooperate. Gold you say? That actually sounds very interesting, I want to know more about that, I will keep a look out for the article. As for your woes on your project, believe me, nothing is as simple as it seems on paper. We outlined a plan for the synthesis in the Ruthenium chemistry and it was simple on paper, but when your complexes won't cooperate it was enough for us to nearly fling the refluxing equipment at our Chemistry advisor (and then the IR machine decided to break, that was a really fun day)
I've never really done transition metal complex syntheses (pure organic or protein for me), though that sounds like the gadolinium complex chemistry another of my friends does at Imperial (medical molecular imaging). Hell I had trouble with a Wittig reaction early on. It's a Wittig, it should work at room temperature, under air, with just stirring. WORK, DAMN YOU! It works now, by the way, though not because of the shouting.

Still, our group is right royally buggered for the next month or so... some bright spark effectively pulled our funding. An administrative error, granted, but when we have shit loads of money but can't spend it (it's been like this for a couple weeks now), it inevitably pisses a lot of people off. When in the lab, most of the senior people... and consequently, everyone, have been in high dudgeon, except the mature student who continues, as ever, to make inappropriate jokes, for which we're thankful (especially when he started coming up with 'gay names' for the straight guys and 'straight names' for the gay guys).

I am glad I turned you on, it reinforces the idea that getting into the life sciences was indeed the correct choice :D.
*ahem* How do I respond to that...? You're welcome! XD
Ah, that sucks, a Ph.D friend of mine is in a similar situation due to funding troubles. But yeah, I love transition metal chemistry, I have always loved biological inorganic chemistry. You have no option but to like it when you are taught by the infamous Professor Martyn Poliakoff :) At least you have a guy willing to cheer everyone up. In my group I had a chinese guy that didn't speak much, a guy with OCD who was always in a bad mood, one girl who never showed up (and subsequently didn't graduate) and a girl who was a pole dancer in her spare time.

As for the last thing, anytime! *bows*

Free Thinker

Apr 23, 2010
Mine would probably be a troll face cause I enjoy being a bit of an asshole sometimes, but I might be a Blank Flank cause I'm not sure what I'm good at.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
A Jack of Spades. Jack of all Trades, Master of None, though oftentimes better than Master of One.

Oh, and I like the Spade suit. Don't know why.

Qtoy

Apr 21, 2011
I'm not entirely sure. I intend to become a commander in the military, remain in service for a long time, then foray into politics with a run as a state senator. After which, I'll vie for terms as a United States senator. My long term goal is to become president and help turn the United States of America into an economic superpower.

So... a tank, with a building reminiscent of the Capitol Building behind it, and a a dollar making the background of the cutie mark?

I don't know. That's the best I could come up with.