Your cutie mark

bartman675

Jul 16, 2009
my would be a fork and chef's knife to form an "X", because i am a culinary arts major and have a lot of fun cooking

Duruznik

Aug 16, 2009
Monkfish Acc. said:
Duruznik said:
Monkfish Acc. said:
kayisking said:
Alright, I'll bite. What does it reference too?
A stupid thing by a friend of a webcomic artist that sort of spiralled into a small meme.

The greatest fanpony of all time, basically.
Is that a reference to Sodomuffin? And would the webcomic artist be David Willis by any chance?
Ding ding ding. Correct. You have won: nothing you have won nothing but well done anyway thanks for playing

I would have thought someone would get it earlier, I straight out SAID Sodomuffin earlier in the thread.
I guess not a lot of people read his comics. Which is a shame.

DarthFennec

May 27, 2010
Annoying Turd said:
DarthFennec said:
I've been asked like twelve times. I can't figure it out -.-
As it turns out it's really hard to come up with a picture that accurately represents software engineering. I guess it would be a {} or something, I don't know ...
Probably a few lines of code, maybe something like:

10 PRINT "HELLO WORLD"
20 GOTO 10
... eh

Whenever something like this comes up on any forum someone suggests some bit of code, like a hello world or a shebang or something. I just don't like that. Nopony walks around with text written on their flank :p

I'm thinking something that maybe represents my personal style or drive for code, but doesn't actually have anything to do with the code itself. Like, in the show, the school teacher, Cheerilee, has flowers with smiley faces on them, instead of the obvious chalkboard or whatever, and she explains that they represent happy students or something. If I go for something a bit like that, something symbolic, then I can get away from just text. Also, a hello world to me implies some Microsoft code monkey who throws shit together in Visual Basic, and when it works it's considered `good enough'. I'm not that kind of person. That kind of person translates logic into computer code for a living. I design program and subprogram structures. I am an artist, not a monkey. I think mine should reflect that.

And yes, I'm taking this way more seriously than I should, because I am mega nerd master about these things :p I took the whole `what do you see in the mirror of eresed' question way too seriously a few years ago too. Still haven't answered that one.

Feylynn

Feb 16, 2010
Been thinking on this for a while and I think I have one but at the same time it lacks something.
It's the best I have though so here it is.

A prism with a gust of wind going into it and a rainbow breeze out of it.
There is a few factors in this one.

1: Color, I love it.
a: It is used in visual arts which are important to me.
b: It represents many concepts and emotions and is important when describing things.

That alone would be fairly typical so to make it my own I was thinking of

2: Wind. Also, something I love.
a: It's wonderful, empowering, and freeing to just stand amidst the winds.
b: Calm breeze. Serenity, peace, all that jazz. Conflict isn't cool.

There is more to it then that but I'll leave you with the basics because not only is the rest a fair stretch, it's just all hard for me to coherently explain.

rancher of monsters

Oct 31, 2010
Monkfish Acc. said:
steeple said:
I would pay to see a pony in the background of the series with that mark, and the hell with the consequences!
It would be called Sodomuffin.
Today, on a very special episode of My Little Pony. Pinkie Pie has a run in with a mysterious stranger that will change her life forever.

EDIT: I guess since I enjoy writing my cutie mark would be something like a pen or paper. My true talent is sarcasm, but I can't think of what the physical manifestation of sarcasm would be.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
SckizoBoy said:
Alucard 11189 said:
as I have a BSc (Hons) degree in Biochemistry and Biological chemistry.
Quick question... what do you do in biological chemistry?

MSc in Chemical Biology here... which means a lot of protein dynamics, biomimicry, chemistry of biological molecules etc. Though admittedly, my research was in chemical ecology.
It is essentially chemical biology, I don't know why my university named it like they did, as previously it was called Biochemistry and Chemical biology, but they changed it a couple of years before I enrolled. I must admit, I preferred the chemical biology side over the biochemistry. My research projects were in the study of Ruthenium complexes, and whether or not they intercalate into DNA, assessing various complexes' potential as an anticancer treatment, as well as the study of the Baker Venkataramen rearrangement, and their use in the production of Flavones.

Kinpatsu

Jul 6, 2011
A ball of yarn and a pair of knitting needles. Weird, but true - when I'm not on the Internet or playing games (and sometimes, even when I am), I'm knitting.

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
A quill poised over a open book with a black mustache and beard above it because I love writing, am reasonably good at it and have KICKASS facial hair!

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
A small blue box with a shining light on the top of it and stars round it. Because I'm a massive Doctor Who fan. The only thing I love more than my sci-fi is... well it's not appropriate for a cutie mark.

Grabbin Keelz

Jun 3, 2009
I'd like that SNES symbol because...I dunno I like it.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090913031033/vsrecommendedgames/images/thumb/0/0e/SNES_Logo.png/284px-SNES_Logo.png

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Something significantly Doctor Whoesk. Probably 10s Sonic or a TARDIS. Since an hourglass is taken :) but then again, I see no rule against multiple cutie marks that are the same.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
dance shoes?
sheet music?
a book?
a camera?
some combination of the 4?

I am a ballet/swing dancer, play clarinet(not as well as I use to) and music is still a heavy interest in my life, take photos, and read a lot.

LostTimeLady

Dec 17, 2009
Basically something related to geology.

So maybe crossed rock hammers? Or a really nice mineral sample?

Nanaki316

Oct 23, 2009
Probably a little notepad and a pencil because I've been writing for about 10 years, it's been a huge part of my life.

That or a Plumbob... no wait that's computer related...

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
TheKruzdawg said:
Sunrider84 said:
TheKruzdawg said:
A crossed set of drumsticks set inside the outline of a snare drum. Because percussion is my life.
What the hell, man, this was the first thing that popped into my mind when I read the first post! What am I supposed to do now? ;_;
What say we make a compromise? I'll change mine to a miniature marimba (my favorite percussion instrument) and you can have the snare drum & sticks.

What say you?
I would say that's a very generous offer, and I would humbly accept. I am, first and foremost, a metal drummer though, so I can go with a set of double kickdrums, that works as well. =)