Your Defense Force

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
LobsterFeng said:
Zhukov said:
I'm a shell-shocked, retired veteran of the Bioware Defence Force. More specifically, the Mass Effect Corps.

I don't really bother any more these days. Post-2012 threads relating to Bioware have become inevitably toxic. So I just ignore them for the most part. Maybe skim them every once in a while until my old posting finger begins to twitch.
Have you ever defended Dragon Age 2 out of curiosity?
Oh aye, I did my time in the DA2 trenches, back in '11.

I'll happily admit that the game had some severe flaws. It was laughably rushed and the level recycling was ridiculous. But I enjoyed it for the most part. I liked most of the characters, the dialogue was a treat as always, I preferred the voiced protagonist, the combat was still fun and I appreciated that they tried to break away at least a bit from the The Bioware Formula.

I certainly remember it more fondly than the hackneyed cliche-fest that was Origins.

-Ezio-

Eats Nuts, Kicks Butts.
Nov 17, 2009
Vegosiux said:
Hockey Defense Force, definitely. In fact, I half-suspect that whoever doesn't enjoy hockey is actually a denizen of planet Nohockey in the Hockey-Hating Nebula in disguise!

But seriously, no hating on hockey when I'm around, mkaaaay?
HOCKEY SUCKS!!!

nah. i kid. it's actually the only sport i'll watch.

assasssin's creed defense force. yes it's yearly. but no game so far has been broken and they've all given me at least 30 hours of single player gameplay.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
I'm a proud member of the "Type-half-your-post-before-giving-up-and-deleting-because-being-angry-over-internet-opinions-is-work-and-I-can't-be-assed" coalition... We... We don't don't actually accomplish much.

Our ability to not give a damn is a blessing and a curse.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Halo Defence Force reporting for duty. Halo is my favourite game franchise of all time (mostly for nostalgia reasons, mind you). I was at ends as to whether or not getting an Xbox One so soon was worth it. Then this trailer came out.
It is safe to say that I am pretty convinced.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
lacktheknack said:
Tomb Raider Defense Force, reporting for duty!

...except Angel of Darkness.

We don't defend Angel of Darkness.

O_____O
What do you mean? Tomb Raider AoD is the only GOOD one!

...I'm going to die now, aren't I?
Not only are you going to die, but someone nearby will suffer inexplicable amnesia and spend half a game blaming herself for killing you before seeing your blood spatters again and suddenly remembering the real way you died.

And then your apartment building will explode.

Because reasons.

And then all your friends will die.

(TERRIBLE PLOT! WORST PLOT! AUGH!)

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Obviously, I'm a Sony Defense Force guy. Sony is perfect and makes no mistakes ever. You see the PS3 wasn't overpriced or anything, you were just too dumb to realize it was perfect and the only system you would ever need. And some of those early shitty quality games were actually worthy of Game of the Year.

Look don't even bother trying to find problems with Sony or I will be forced to tell you how wrong you are. Sony is perfect.

Zachary Amaranth said:
Not sure I care about anything enough to defend it as fervently as the "Defense Forces" do.

Many of the things I love have flaws. Sometimes big ones. I acknowledge them.

...I despise dishonesty, though, and am likely to jump on a dishonest argument even if I don't otherwise care about the subject. Is that close enough?
Honestly, this is pretty true. Besides, I have no problem with someone having a different opinion than me.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
I'd like to think I'm smart enough to see the flaws even in things I really love (most of Gundam is mediocre at best and I know it >.>). But there are some things I just think are too harshly judged or judged for all the wrong reasons. I'll just say I'm a member of the Final Fantasy XII Defense Force.

Mar 18, 2012
Another Halo Defence Force member here. It's my favourite shooter series of them all and I'm fucking pumped for the coming releases. I'll concede that it's gone downhill a little in recent years but it's still way ahead of most.

Also, Vita Defence force - I love that thing and since I got it my 3DS has been gathering dust. I simply won't have the "no games" crap that people claim. Generally anything that gets bashed by overexcited gamers and rabid fanboys, so a good deal of the ones also mentioned (apart from Tomb Raider - fuck that game.)

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Im part of the League of Hunters (Monster Hunter Defence Force, but it sounds better) and with the next english release coming next year i bet im overdue for some work.

Could also say im part of the Warframe Defence Force, but it rarely needs defending as 90% of the arguments made against it become obselete within a year.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
lacktheknack said:
Not only are you going to die, but someone nearby will suffer inexplicable amnesia and spend half a game blaming herself for killing you before seeing your blood spatters again and suddenly remembering the real way you died.

And then your apartment building will explode.

Because reasons.

And then all your friends will die.

(TERRIBLE PLOT! WORST PLOT! AUGH!)
That plot just made my nose bleed and the room start spinning.

It's that powerful!

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
T0ad 0f Truth said:
I'm a proud member of the "Type-half-your-post-before-giving-up-and-deleting-because-being-angry-over-internet-opinions-is-work-and-I-can't-be-assed" coalition... We... We don't don't actually accomplish much.

Amen.

Also, I usually lend my services to the Obsidian Defense Force because people really tend to exaggerate their mistakes. Seriously, if Lucasarts hadn't pulled those six months out from under their feet, KotOR 2 would have been as close as we can get to being objectively better than the first.

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
I'm also of the category of people who are completely willing to admit- and I often find, more observant of - the flaws in the things I love. For instance:

MMA. Not necessarily the games, I haven't played them (though I kinda want to, I'm just strapped for cash), but the sport. I'm often actually a bit surprised by the flack it gets; it always seemed like the natural progression of combat sports, but a lot of people get upset with the ground game (unless it's actually a really good ground game, which I admit, can be rare).

I also don't like the blanket-people, but most of the MMA world doesn't either. What people don't see is the crafty submissions being plotted - or thwarted - and some of the little things that make it that much harder and more exhausting- STOP THAT! I know what you're thinking, c'mon!

But yeah... I'd say I'm MMA Defense Force, but I think we Defense Force members must be willing to find the flaws, acknowledge people's issues with the thing, but retort the FUCK out of them when they're just plain wrong, with ZEAL AND FERVOR! ARGH!

UFC IS COMING TO HALIFAX! I'M CONSIDERING SELLING MY KIDNEY FOR A TICKET!

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
T0ad 0f Truth said:

So we are a coalition now? My not give a damn ability has hit an all time high, so whatever. This is the reason why my post count is so low.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Renault (Renault is a french car manufacturer) Defence Force. Renaults always get made for of for being unreliable and just generally bad cars but I love them. The clio RS, the megane RS and even the classic Renault 5 turbo. Ill defend citreon too because there cars are really well styled

Yes it may be popular to hate french cars but I will defend them

Michael Tabbut

May 22, 2013
Deconstruction Defense Force. I defend works of media that deconstruct certain tropes, cliches, and genres. The only deconstructions I shan't defend is Masters of Martial Heart...such an unnecessarily brutal end.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Mr Fixit said:
T0ad 0f Truth said:

So we are a coalition now? My not give a damn ability has hit an all time high, so whatever. This is the reason why my post count is so low.
More of loose idealogical bloc really.

And my post count is only so high because of User groups and Forum games. I swear It feels like I have about 7 legit posts.

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
Post Final Fantasy 10 defense force and also Mass Effect 3 defense force. I can see a case for disliking FF 13, it takes an age to get to Pulse but is great from there as you have a fun battle system, 12 and 13-2 have great freedom from the start, but not so much that I get completely overwhelmed. And Mass Effect 3, oh Mass Effect 3, it was the best game in the series up until the charge on the citadel and then the plot went weird, not enough to ruin the 2.99 games that came before it though. If I hated every game with a bad ending, there would not be a huge amount of games to like. Like Half Life, I don't think people remember how bad Xen was and that combined shit game play with little to no story after going through the portal.