Your Embarrassing Childhood Nickname

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
My name is Eric. When I was born my brother had a hard time pronouncing my name so he would call me "wigget". Oh how my family haunts me with that name.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Mackheath said:
Some called me the corpse groom, because I loved the film Corpse Bride and look like a dead body with my pale skin and dark-ringed eyes.

Others included necro (short for necrophiliac) and Bonesy. The former came because I want to be an undertake and people are small minded arseholes, and the latter from my habit of clicking my bones.

It could be worse; there was a guy called Daisy and a guy called Moses.

You don't look that bad.....I have photo proof that you are not that pale and your eyes aren't dark ringed....at least not anymore.....

OT: holy fuck where do I even begin.

Put it this way: My first name is April. Girls are cruel as fuck. Especially to other girls. Pick a name, I've probably been called it.

One of my best friends called me Lirpa (my name backwards) and still does. And I still despise it. But I think the "April showers bring May flowers" shite that I use to get teased with were the worst.....*grumbles*stupid fucking songs

monkeyonnos

Apr 9, 2011
i have a unique name and people could never seem to remember it, so i used to get called "Rocky" all the time

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
I was called Jimmy in my early childhood. Not really embarrassing, but I remember it being a giant pain in the ass to get people to switch from calling me that to my actual name.

Megabobster

Mar 18, 2011
Little bit o' personal information here. Brace yourself, kiddies!
My actual first name is Nathaniel. My middle name is Robert. One time when I was a baby, I said something along the lines of "bobobobobob." My brother said "He's saying his name!" and since then I have gone by Bob or Bobby. Even when it should technically be Nathan or Nate (I personally prefer Nathan to Nate, but Bob all the way!).

My mom has brought up legally changing my name, but being called Bob is a nice conversation piece, per se.

Condor219

Sep 14, 2010
Stretch? Chicken Legs? I suppose nothing too far outside the norm. "Shitz" was a rather terrible one that went on in a hockey team of rather nasty kids, referring to my last name "Schmitz". Too bad I was their best defenseman, my transfer to the association's other team the reason why they didn't make it to the playoffs (and my new team did).

Gotta learn to try to criticize the crappy players, if you're gonna criticize anyone.

Kiju

Apr 20, 2009
I wouldn't really call it embarrassing per-se, but I did have a nickname in elementary school.

Kids always teased me and called me Bugs Bunny because of the fact that I had buck teeth and loved to eat carrots. But hey...how can it really be teasing if they're calling me one of the most famous cartoon characters in existence? I learned that at a young age, so it became more of a nickname than a teasing name.

Bags159

Mar 11, 2011
I never had a nick name in school. However, when I worked at Kroger for two years during the school year one of my co-workers always called me "Matty".

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Millions of nicknames but the only ones that I think are inappropriate at my age are

"Possum" (grandmother) and "Jossy" (Parents and little sister) however my Dad still calls me Jossy and I don't mind it at all. Even in public so really it's not inappropriate at all.

I'm pretty chill about that kind of thing to be honest. Although I don't think I'd have been fine with it in front of girls that I was trying to impress in high school.

Sariteiya

Jun 10, 2011
DJ_DEnM said:
Then Muffin because the people who came up with it weren't very creative and saw me buy a muffin >_>
Lolwut? This reminds me of the office where Andy calls Jim "Tuna" forever after seeing him eat a Tuna sandwich.

I guess I got off lucky with my nickname. Some of you had a crappy elementary school experience. I've always said young kids can be the cruelest though.

Incidentally I had another nickname later in high school. I'm very short, and the Lord of the Rings movies had just come out, so... Hobbit.