Your Embarrassing Childhood Nickname

Mister Eff

Apr 11, 2009
Ash from Pokemon (Oh Ash, like from Pokemon!) still fucking happens every time I meet new people. For 13 goddamn years! Makes me wanna murder people!
Also, Ass.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Le-Le. My aunt gave it to me and it just stuck.
So now, whenever my cousin wants something or just feels overly affectionate, they call me Le-Le.

It took a while to grow on me.

There was also when my cousins tortured me by calling me my middle name. Our first grade teacher had that as her first name and she was the tough love kind of teacher, so it was horrible having any kind of connection to her then. I don't care anymore, but it was really painful when I was little.

Lifeinsteps

Nov 21, 2010
My dad used to call me, "Little Biddy". I guess it was appropriate at the time, but now I'm 6'2" and nobody really calls me that any more.

Some people just call me JoJo now.

joemegson94

Aug 17, 2010
King Toasty said:
joemegson94 said:
King Toasty said:
joemegson94 said:
King Toasty said:
joemegson94 said:
King Toasty said:
joemegson94 said:
I was called "Joker".

Because I stabbed a load of people.
Your avatar isn't helping your creepy level. 0.0
What's wrong with my avatar?
It's just... smiling...
And I imagined him saying, "Because I stabbed a load of people."
I may have nightmares tonight.
Picture John Ratzenberger as a pig, holding a knife when you try to sleep. You'll be almost as freaked out as I was by that Eye Patch Lady on Doctor Who.
Or the Weeping Angels. The motherfucking Weeping Angels.
I didn't find Ms. Patchy Eye that creepy, just weird. The Silence were creepy.
I already live in Hull, so I don't find the Weeping Angels very scary personally.
No idea where Hull is, but I'll pretend I do. Yeah.
It#s a town in England. In Blink, Kathy Nightingale gets transported there by a Weeping Angel.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
joemegson94 said:
King Toasty said:
joemegson94 said:
King Toasty said:
joemegson94 said:
King Toasty said:
joemegson94 said:
King Toasty said:
joemegson94 said:
I was called "Joker".

Because I stabbed a load of people.
Your avatar isn't helping your creepy level. 0.0
What's wrong with my avatar?
It's just... smiling...
And I imagined him saying, "Because I stabbed a load of people."
I may have nightmares tonight.
Picture John Ratzenberger as a pig, holding a knife when you try to sleep. You'll be almost as freaked out as I was by that Eye Patch Lady on Doctor Who.
Or the Weeping Angels. The motherfucking Weeping Angels.
I didn't find Ms. Patchy Eye that creepy, just weird. The Silence were creepy.
I already live in Hull, so I don't find the Weeping Angels very scary personally.
No idea where Hull is, but I'll pretend I do. Yeah.
It#s a town in England. In Blink, Kathy Nightingale gets transported there by a Weeping Angel.
Ah. Yeah, the Season 5 Angels lost a lot of scare. 'Tis a shame, it was a pretty good episode otherwise.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
My dad, and then eventually my mom started to call me "Booby-Bear".

The Bear part made sense to me, because I had this green T-shirt that had a stencil of a roaring Grizzly Bear on the front, and the shirt had been around longer than me, and long story short, the paint on the stencil had started to chip away.

As for "Booby"... I truly can't think of a reason why I earned that as part of my nickname. Perhaps of my weight, I assume.

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
Mush.
Though I rather like it.
My girlfriend started calling me that because I was calling her "Sweetling" (Because I'm an evil person, of course), and when the tutors switched around in High School, I introduced myself as that. And it spread.
It's awesome.

HardkorSB

Mar 18, 2010
Sariteiya said:
Most likely your mom gave it to you, or maybe just that friend you never liked, but everyone seems to have that one embarrassing nickname from when they were young. It doesn't need to be mortifying, just inappropriate for your age now, or a bit silly, although the more humiliating the better.

Mine was "Beatie Guy". The family legend goes that it was the first thing my brother called me when I was born. My mother still refers to me by this name. Apparently beatie means "Small and Clever" in Scottish slang.

What about yours?
This is kind of outdated but:
I remember that in primary school (before the 1st erection 'n' stuff :), I was called "GAY" for hanging around girls.
Let me repeat that - I WAS BEING CALLED "GAY" FOR HANGING AROUND GIRLS.
Of course, I was very annoyed and embarrassed because of it because at the time, girls were kind of useless to us (actually, if you take the time and think about it, we were useless to them).

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
In elementary school I was sometimes called "Walnut" and I hated it, so it was usually by people I didn't like.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I remember I used to be called 'Blerg' when I was a kid by kids in my class. It was the noise I made when I threw up on a school trip and apparently it was hilarious. When I go back home and meet old friends they still call me it, which I actually quite like now.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
Tiptoe. My brother, dad and I went canoeing in Scotland. I'd spent 40 minutes drying my feet off fro when we ran the canoe into the water, and then, when we went to drag them get back onto the shore, I was pretty reluctant to get my feet wet again, so I kind of tiptoed through the water. These days, however, I'm more commonly known (by my friends) as Amish because I live in the middle of nowhere.

Apr 5, 2008
"Wham Bar". It was a 10 penny sweet I loved but had the misfortune to have a surname that it rhymed with o.o

EDIT: Later, I became a fan of X-Men comic books; Gambit was my favourite character...still is. I was also in the school chess club. One thing led to another and a friend unknowingly gave rise to what would later become my Internet handle forevermore. Except for some son-of-a-bi**h who took it first on XBox Live, Myspace and Twitter (not that I use those last two). If any of you ever see him, please beat him up and tell him the real KingsGambit said "HAH!" and that I want my name back.

Oh and check out my post count :D

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Brutal Peanut said:
I was always teased at school for having to wear second-hand clothes or clothes that weren't name brand, and my pants didn't fit very well; so they took to calling me 'High-waters' for awhile.
My mom had that same problem and consequent nickname. Because making fun of the less fortunate is cool.
OP: Liberal. I was a progressive kid. I started advocating equal rights and calling out discrimination against homosexuals at a young age. The other kids, being the homophobic, laugh-at-different-people sort, gave me it. And called me it like it was a dirty word. Hooray for living in a conservative part of the country! Another one is Lefty. I have cerebral palsy on the right side of my body. Very funny.

Rhatar Khurin

Aug 14, 2008
"Nobbin" or "Robin hood" as my name is Robin. Not particulary embarressing and i didn't really care.

Rhatar Khurin

Aug 14, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
In elementary school I was sometimes called "Walnut" and I hated it, so it was usually by people I didn't like.
I am curious, why did they call you that? did you have a face like Emperor Palpatines?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Rhatar Khurin said:
canadamus_prime said:
I am curious, why did they call you that? did you have a face like Emperor Palpatines?
No, it was because my surname is 'Walton.'