Your favorite alcoholic beverage

Draxz

May 2, 2012
Dags90 said:
Draxz said:
Apparently martinis and cocktails (or general mixed drinks) came around when alcohol was out-lawed in America, and home-made alcohol wasn't too great... So they mixed them together to make the drinks taste better. (Fact or not?)
Fiction. Most classic mixed drink recipes date back until at least the 1800's, well before Prohibition.

Prohibition cocktails tended to be mixed with sugar and/or fruit juices though, to mellow out the bathtub gin.

How about a Little Beer shot?

It's Liquor 43 (vanilla-ish, I think) and Baileys.
Fiction, eh? Damn... Atleast I know better now ^^;

And oo', I'm not usually one for Beer but that looks nice. That's going onto my list! Thanks. :)

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Beers, of the stouts, porters, and reds variety. Oh my yes.

After that, spiced rum. Because it's delicious.

Wereduck

Jun 17, 2010
Grownup drnks? Vodka-tonic with food 'cause it doesn't screw up other flavors -OR- Knob Creek bourbon for pure awesomeness.
Messin' around drinks? Tokyo iced tea (long island w/ Midori instead of Coke) when I've got time to kill -OR- jaegerbombs when I'm in a hurry.

I'm also developing a strong affection for the dark & stormy.

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
SkarKrow said:
Griffolion said:

Neat, on the rocks. Beautiful.[/QUOTE]

Amen. Except I keep mine in the freezer and have no need for the rocks.

Though I haven't had a drink in 3 weeks, trying to lose the spare tires. I owe it to crunches and bananas.[/quote]

Oh yeah, I keep mine in the freezer too. But still have it on the rocks in case I don't have it all at once.

Dularn

Nov 7, 2006
Favorite beer: Hoegarden

Favorite mixed: Ouzo and Cola (I prefer it with Pepsi Max)

Favorite shot: Dead Nazi* (9/10 Jaegermeister with 1/10 Creme de Menthe). This shot tastes like mint with a lingering aftertaste. It is easy to drink and at 35% gets you smashed pretty quick.

* I presume the name alludes to the fact that the mint 'kills' the taste of the (German) Jaegermeister. Not the most politically correct name but there you are.

MoD1212

Feb 2, 2010
Sandjube said:
Rum is the power, Rum is the key, Rum is the thing that will set us free!

Rum is my foremost choice, everything else is decent.
This homie, I love rum to death, straight shots, mixed, w/e if its rum I'm good.I mean both of my parents are Caribbean, so i guess i didn't have much of a choice lol.

I can also deal with whiskey and scotch, mostly cause they're closely related as far a alcohol goes(plus I hang with a bunch of white people so I again, kinda had no choice haha)
I not picky with beer tho, I drink just about any beer, expect Milwaukee's best and natural ice.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Griffolion said:
SkarKrow said:
Griffolion said:

Neat, on the rocks. Beautiful.[/QUOTE]

Amen. Except I keep mine in the freezer and have no need for the rocks.

Though I haven't had a drink in 3 weeks, trying to lose the spare tires. I owe it to crunches and bananas.[/quote]

Oh yeah, I keep mine in the freezer too. But still have it on the rocks in case I don't have it all at once.[/quote]

I tend to use just one rock, to prevent dilution over time, maybe 2 if the weather is particularly vicious!

Karhukonna

Nov 3, 2010

Why? 'Cos Gin rocks. It goes with everything, and tastes kickass as is, to boot. It's also the ultimate drink for some nice and cool, sophisticated drinking.

But if I'm going to get absolutely wasted, and I mean balls out, stone cold drunk, I like to buy me some JD and sip it straight outta the bottle. Gives me a gruff, sexy voice towards the end of the evening, too.

Oh yes, grams' old cough medicine.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
Fucking this

Best Sake I've ever had.
Also helps that the brewery of this fine sake shares the name of a good quarter of my family.

Exocet

Pandamonium is at hand
Dec 3, 2008
My favorite drink in one of my own invention.
It has no name...yet.

Basically, I mix 1/4 vodka (as long as it's not teh cheapest shit around, any will do), then 1/4 cranberry juice. Add three ice cubes, then fill up the rest of the glass with ice cold ginger ale.

This drink presents itself in a bright red color, with crisp bubbles.
It tastes like ginger ale mixed with red berries, with a subtle aftertaste of alcohol.
It also kicks like a mule, since it's refreshing, and you have the tendency to drink more than one.

Either that or a Guinness. That's always a solid choice.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Personally my favourite drink is called a Flaming Engineer, or Billy colloquially. It is a popular beverage at my alma mater's pub. And no, I'm not giving away the recipe.

As for more commonly known ones, I either like Jaegerbombs (with Red Bull, not beer) or Irish Car Bombs.

Drop shots are fun =)

David_G

Aug 25, 2009
Probably Rakia but some of the lighter kinds, like 48% alcohol. Or some of the better kinds of Vodka.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
1: Bailey's
2: Jägermeister
3: Gin-tonic.
4: Westmalle Triple Trapist beer
5: Liquor 43/Disaronno Originale on the rocks.

That's my current top 5. There's a lot more out there that I want to taste. So many cocktails...
Bentusi16 said:
Once and awhile, very rarely, amaretto and cream soda at 50/50, on ice.
Now that I need to try.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
"ALL OF IT!" My first answer, though to get specific, there are some beers I can't stomach, I will throw up after a single swallow of em, but most shit is fine by me.

To be even more specific, Stanley park brewery amber ale, guinness(the perfect breakfast), a,d for hard liquor my favourite drink is to take some glenfiddich 13-18 year aged whiskey(haven't ever had any older or younger, so I cannot say for sure), pour it into a shot glass or a tumbler, say 2 fingers worth take an eyedropper, put a drop o water in it, this hasta be done with all ingredients room temperature, then you cover the opening of the glass with your palm, hold for 10 seconds then drink it, the water drop will chemically activate the whiskey allowing a full flavour, without watering it down, too long and it spoils a bit, not long enough and you miss a bunch of the flavour... Same goes with all whiskeys, you need the tidge of water to make the flavour come outa hiding, otherwise yer missing out.

Cheers mates and drink up!