Your favorite "first person" game

Uriain

Apr 8, 2010
If this is an "All time" I would say Battlefield 2. I put more time into that game than Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim put together.

The journey man

Webcomic Aficionado
Jun 18, 2011
Lets see: Metro 2033, Thief 2: The Metal Age, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat, Republic Commando, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Fallout 3, etc, etc, etc.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I'm not a huge fan of 'first person' games, but there are a few that I love to death, mainly Borderlands. I played the hell out of it and loved every minute of it, and I really can't wait for Borderlands 2.

Deus Ex:HR is another one that I loved playing, and Mirror's Edge was pretty damn fun too.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
In order? I guess My top 5 are...

1.Metroid Prime
2. Halo Trilogy (its one game with three parts anyway)
3. Fallout 3
4. Portal 1 & 2
5. Skyrim

Reyold

Jun 18, 2012
jackpackage200 said:
What is your favorite game that uses the first person perspective?

For me, it is Metroid Prime. It is easily one of the most immersive games I have ever played. I also love the atmosphere, story, enemies, and the amazing soundtrack.
Admittedly, I don't play very many first-person games at all. The only one I've really played was Red Steel 2. Good game, but not my favorite. When Portal 2 and Metroid Trilogy finally come out of my backlog, THOSE will probably be my favorites.

Admiral Stukov

I spill my drink!
Jul 1, 2009
The original Deus Ex.
For my favourite that I'm currently playing; Tribes Ascend. Gotta go fast! [sub](Actually I play Doombringer as Heavy-on-Flag, aka the immovable fat.)[/sub]

TheFinish

Grand Admiral
May 17, 2010
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil. Great level design, graphics (for the time), tight gameplay, mind-blowing weapon variety, good enemies and bosses. The only thing I found it was lacking was a story.

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
I will have to go with Resistance 2, although Mass Effect was a close runner up. I like FP games but i usually come to a point where Im either rotating on the spot trying to orientate myself or trying to look at my feet to see what sticky-up bit of floor ive caught myself on and this always breaks the reality for me. I cant think of any moments like that i had in either game so that nets them the points.

Skylare

Dec 29, 2011
gotta go with MW2 since i have not played a lot of 1st person games.

edit: Thinking about it i did enjoy the original Goldeneye for many years. Great Game for its time!

Talvox

Jun 10, 2012
Darnit, if this thread was bout 3rd person games, either Warhammer 40k Space Marine or the Batman Arkham games would've taken it. :p
But, since it's 1st person, I'd have to say Need For Speed Shift Unleashed. Great feeling of immersion racing through it. Of course it can also be played 3rd person, but I much prefer the 1st person view.

Odinsson

Jun 11, 2011
First Person eh? Well, I don't always play first person games

But when I do, they're Amnesia: The Dark Descent

That game is the most immersive game I've played in a long time, and would be in my top ten list of games, not just FP ones

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I've stated over and over that Mirror's Edge is my favorite game ever.

It hasn't changed.

I don't know what Yahtzee babbles on about with first-person platforming being impossible, because it really isn't. Maybe I just have an uncanny sense of where the character's feet are.

OblivionSoul

Oct 19, 2009
Portal (1 and 2), Deus Ex HR, Half Life 2. Also three of the four games I've ever played through more than 3 times. (the other being MGS3)

Jodan

Mar 18, 2009
does freespace 1 and two count if so them by far, its FP just not on the ground or in the air... but in space!

if not i reeeally liked return to castle wolfenstein

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
jackpackage200 said:
What is your favorite game that uses the first person perspective?

For me, it is Metroid Prime. It is easily one of the most immersive games I have ever played. I also love the atmosphere, story, enemies, and the amazing soundtrack.
You already took mine, Metroid Prime.
Besides that, mostly some of the more unique ones like Condemned and Mirror's Edge.