Your Favorite Game opening/intro

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
Descent: Freespace. So fucking epic.

Resident Evil 3. Best zombie intro ever.

Shadow of the Colossus. I really can't think of an intro that preludes a game as perfectly as that of sotc.

MrGameluvr92

Mar 16, 2011
The opening to Metal Gear Solid 3 to me was simply epic. The intro gave you a good idea of what you would be running into and the Snake Eater song was just awesome.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Most of the ones I would have mentioned are already spoken for. Still, this one always gave me chills watching it and I still get a thrill from seeing it even now over ten years later on youtube.

someperson1423

Dec 22, 2009
All of the Battlefield intros, especially 2142. Amazing music! Falout 3's is great too. But all time favorite?

Mechwarrior 3. The game that made me a PC gamer. I love all of the Mechwarrior games (Mech Assault does not count... Ever) and intros but, you never forget your first.

TiefBlau

Apr 16, 2009
Easily Arkham Asylum's intro.

Deus Ex, Portal 2, and Bioshock are great, spectacular intros.

But they don't hold a candle to Arkham Asylum.

rayen020

May 20, 2009

keep your new gen graphics i want clever and funny writing. seriously though this was an awsesome game and the cutscenes were funny as hell.

Fenix7

Jun 14, 2011
I really liked the intro of Marc Ecko's Getting Up. Amazingly set the mood for the game.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Iwata said:
All three Killzones have, in my opinion, the best intros in gaming.
Agreed

i haven't seen the 1st one thou

but i REALLY like the 2nd one

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I am pretty sure this game is why I am so into Japanese Culture.

Johnny-Natrium

May 23, 2010
Iwata said:
Johnny-Natrium said:
Iwata said:
All three Killzones have, in my opinion, the best intros in gaming.
Wow.. All hail the king of ignorant- O wait I'm trolling.
Scratch
Personal taste. I don't judge that of others, you might want to consider the same philosophy. It's a good way to live.
Surely that's an honorable way of thinking, but it's flawed in some respects. When opinions of something being the best in the world, are based on not enough knowledge of the many better things, it's not wrong to judge this opinion.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Steven Biehler said:
what is your favorite video game opening/intro mine comes from a little game from the ps1 called Roll-cage Stage II. It was a futuristic racing game with a boat load of weapons one of which if used while powered up (get same weapon while having one in 1 of 2 weapon slots) would jump you ahead TWO places. Another one would if it connected (and did not back fire from over charging) would freeze a car for about 6-8 seconds.
Here is the intro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2gnC1DcG2o&feature=youtu.be

Good God I Loved THIS GAME!!!!
sadly a sequel was never made. :(
Not the opening, but the best "intro" EVER

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
The intro to Fahrenheit was absolutely fantastic. Helped largely by probably the best opening mission in games.

Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 had wonderful intro cinematics, but that doesn't really count. So, yeah, Fahrenheit.

Apr 5, 2008
Any intro that can be skipped is fantastic in my book. I'll watch it the first time, then skip it on a subsequent playthru thank you very much. If you make your intros unskippable, I don't care how good they are, I hate them.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I have a fair few intros that I like but one that I haven't seen posted as a video yet at least is the Borderlands intro, so here it is :D

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked just so happens to be one of my favourite songs as well, so here's the song in it's entirety