Your favorite Gameboy Advance games

MajorTomServo

Jan 31, 2011
I used to have TONS of GBA games, but sophomore year of highschool I sold them all to buy a wii. (Huge mistake.) Anyway, I was at a flea market last week and scored a Gameboy Micro for $30. I fell back in love with my 32 bit friend, and now I'm looking to rebuild a collection.

My favorite so far was also my first: Wario Land 4. Yoshi's Island and Castlevania: Circle of the Moon are two and three. And pokemon. Always pokemon.

How about you guys? What was your favorite SNES port on the go?

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
Pokemon: Fire Red is still awesome.

and Swordcraft Story was fun too, as was one of those Castlevania games- Aria of something was it called I think.
There's probably more than those few but those sprang to mind immediately.

Vern5

Mar 3, 2011
Riviera: The Promised Land.
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. Its sort of funny, I kinda skipped the GBA generation of gaming and went straight for the DS when it came out.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
The Golden Sun games, Metroid Fusion, Pokemon Emerald, and That one sonic game whose name I can't remember

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Oooh, there were some great games for GBA :D

I think my favourites were probably:

- The entries into the Pokemon series - the FireRed/LeafGreen remakes were pretty good, and I loved the Hoenn games, especially Emerald.
- The three Fire Emblem games for the system; they all have stellar gameplay as usual, but I particularly enjoyed The Sacred Stones.
- Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, which was totally awesome and introduced the Organization into the series, who were brilliant villains.
- Golden Sun 1 and 2, which were fantastically well-made JRPGs for the system.
- and the first WarioWare game. I blew so many hours on that game, it was just too damn addictive!

Dead Seerius

Feb 4, 2012
Minish Cap. My first Zelda game, AKA - 'The Gateway Drug' in my case.

Pokemon: Sapphire. Emerald may be better but I'm staying loyal to the one I actually played.

You know, I can't actually recall many of the games I played on GBA. Might be time for a trip down memory lane.

Tyrant_Valvatorez

Mar 29, 2013
Pokemon Emerald: A huge chunk of my days was always spent on this game, I loved the new additions.
Golden Sun & Golden Sun the lost age: A sweet two part RPG with a kickass soundtrack.
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow: Pretty much a handheld Symphony of the night and that is not a bad thing.
Metroid Zero Mission: Took the original Metroid and made it fun to play, good for speedrunning.
Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga: A rather hillarious parody of RPGs with a good battle system.

I tried to keep the list short since the GBA has an awesome library but yeah there are loads more that Im sure people will mention.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
The three DBZ action rpgs even though the first is a bit crap and FF6 advance which sadly works better on Advance than the ps1 port.

LoneWolf2056

Mar 18, 2013
Legend of Zelda: The Minish cap - Was the first Loz game I had played, subsequently I have played all of them xD

Advance Wars 1 and 2 - Fantastic game series that got me in to turn based strategy games.

Mario and Luigi Superstar saga - An awesome rpg and its pretty funny at times too

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Golden Sun / II: The Lost Age

Megaman Zero / 2 / 3 / 4

Megaman Battle Network / 2 / 3 White / 4 Red Sun / 5 Team Protoman

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance

Final Fantasy I & II Dawn of Souls / IV / V / VI

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Wario Land 4

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past w/ Four Swords

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

All my favorites of the GBA era.<3

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Any and all pokemon games are just the greatest thing ever. Kirby nightmare in dreamland was my first game ever so it always will have a special place in my gaming side. Also Mario World as mario is awesome. Nuff said.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
I approve all of the Pokemon games. I also want to add the Mario 3 remake for GBA. Such an awesome game... The first foray into video games for me. ;-)

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (Another in the SotN line of excellence)

Dragonball Adventure Advanced (Really smooth and fun to play beat'em up. The greatness here is in the execution. It's just so fun and feels so damn good to move and attack)

Metroid Fusion/Metroid Zero Mission

Shining Soul II (Cartoonish diablo on the go)

Sigma Star Saga (Really cool mashup of RPG and space shooter, and the story is interesting)

Summon Night Swordcraft Story 2 (Story is garbage, as most JRPGS, but the gameplay is where it shines. If you're into a Tales-esque combat system with a very hearty weapon crafting mechanic at the core, get this.)

Thoughtful_Salt

Mar 29, 2012
Get Fire Emblem (the first one), maybe the sacred stones if you're feeling ok about the first one. Advance Wars 2. Castlevania, Final Fantasy 4. The golden sun dualogy for the system. A link to the past is a good port too.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
MajorTomServo said:
I used to have TONS of GBA games, but sophomore year of highschool I sold them all to buy a wii. (Huge mistake.) Anyway, I was at a flea market last week and scored a Gameboy Micro for $30. I fell back in love with my 32 bit friend, and now I'm looking to rebuild a collection.

My favorite so far was also my first: Wario Land 4. Yoshi's Island and Castlevania: Circle of the Moon are two and three. And pokemon. Always pokemon.

How about you guys? What was your favorite SNES port on the go?
just did some quick internet searches. you got a good deal on that.

those things are going for like 300 new, and like 50-60 used.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
Pokemon: Sapphire and FireRed/LeafGreen and Super Mario Bros. 3. Those were pretty much the only games I played on it as a kid. Still play them every now and again.

Gormech

May 10, 2012
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Stop reading this. Go on Amazon/Ebay/etc and buy it. Around 300 quests, customizable parties, deep story, and post-main story plot development.