Your favorite Gameboy Advance games

Keneth

Oct 14, 2011
FFTA
Fire Emblem
Golden Sun 1 & 2

And because the GBA is backwards compatible..

LoZ: Oracle of Ages/Seasons
Tetris
Dr. Mario

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Thanks to the Ambassador Program, I was able to play some GBA games I missed out on the first time round. Anyway, my favorite GBA games...

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Final Fantasy IV (never played V or VI but VI is GREAT for sure...because SNES version)
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
Mega Man Battle Network 2
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Zero Mission (note: never actually played this...I just know I'd love it once I get my hands on it)
Pokemon Leaf Green
Pokemon Sapphire (Ruby & Emerald too but I never played those 2)
Yoshi's Island

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Exius Xavarus said:
Golden Sun / II: The Lost Age

Megaman Zero / 2 / 3 / 4

Megaman Battle Network / 2 / 3 White / 4 Red Sun / 5 Team Protoman

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance

Final Fantasy I & II Dawn of Souls / IV / V / VI

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Wario Land 4

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past w/ Four Swords

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

All my favorites of the GBA era.<3
Why thank you. Now I don't have to type all of those up! So nice when other people are willing to do all the work for me! :D

So yeah, all of the games he mentioned! :D

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
sextus the crazy said:
Did you even need to ask?

But also, Pokemon RSEFRLG, Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, FFTA, FFIV, and FFVI.
The GBA was heaven for people who like J and S RPGs. It (and I believe the DS) are the only systems to have managed to bring a Super Robot Wars game over to the US, and man were those awesome. There was also that Zone of the Enders SRPG, which was pretty cool.

It even had a couple of cool Western style dungeon crawlers in the vein of Eye of the Beholder, including a remake of that game, and a really neat game by a small South American studio called Mazes of Fate. This thread is kind of making me want to fire up the GBA emulator on my phone. I'd use the actual hardware, but that would require me to carry it around with me, when I've already got my phone on me at all times.

Edit: Forgot, Gunstar Friggin' Super Heroes. An absolutely amazing shmup in your pocket.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Super Mario Advance series (They made me appreciate the SNES classic remakes.)
Pokemon R/S/E (Third generation Pokemon is my favorite for making the series epic and great-looking.)

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Tyrant_Valvatorez said:
Metroid Zero Mission: Took the original Metroid and made it fun to play, good for speedrunning.
I take exception to this! The First Metroid was loads of fun, and I played it after Zero Mission! XD

Zero Mission WAS better though :)

OT: For now I'm going to say pokemon Emerald and Metroid: Zero mission. They were (and still are) incredibly fun games.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Wario Land 4. End of story.

Okay, Metroid Fusion was pretty good also. I'm not counting games ported from the SNES.

Fire emblem would be in close competition if it weren't for that horrid permadeath system.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Pretty much what everyone has suggested so far(especially Aria of Sorrow and FF6 advanced) plus Hamtaro:Ham-Ham Heartbreak. Thia might be nostalgia talking but it was a pretty fun licensed game with some decent humor and a cool dialogue system.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Mordekaien said:
Pokemon: Fire Red is still awesome.

and Swordcraft Story was fun too, as was one of those Castlevania games- Aria of something was it called I think.
There's probably more than those few but those sprang to mind immediately.
I always played Leaf green but it was fantastic. Jazz Jackrabbi, also amazing.
http://gamesymbol.com/Image/covers/jazz-jackrabbit/jazz-jackrabbit-cover333549.jpg

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
My most favourite one is Summon night: Swordcraft Story! The mechanic is so addicting, and all the crafting, breaking boss weapons feel very satisfying.
Also:
-Final fantasy tactics
-Fire emblem
-Fist of Mars

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
My favorite games for the GBA are Mario&Luigi Superstar Saga and Treasure Planet.

naitsabeS

Jan 10, 2012
Wario Land 4 is still my favorite GBA game. When I heard that the 3DS ambassadors were getting WL4, I squealed in happiness. Megaman Zero was also a fantastic game. I never got far in it, in fact I never got past the level two boss but I still had a lot of fun just slicing other robots in half.

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
I loved Mario Kart: Super Circuit

In my eyes it was the last good Mario Kart game as the BS power-ups were kept to a minimum, and the fact that the more coins you gathered the faster you went rewarded you for picking good driving lines. Also the characters were more diverse in driving style than other MK games that I can remember.

clippen05

Jul 10, 2012
Mario and Luigi: Super Star saga is my favourite, and while I'm not that interested in Pokemon anymore, I did find Pokemon Sapphire very enjoyable as a kid. And I've recently taken a liking to Advance Wars and Fire Emblem (The GBA ones) however, let's just say their cartridges are hard to come by...

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Just Remembered Yggdra Union.
Came out about 2006 (at the very end of the GBA's life cycle).
Was an Atlus SRPG (so it must be interesting) and was pretty solid.
Also the mermaid you get in game is named Nietzsche, which is amazing.

The Sanctifier

Nov 26, 2012
My favorite was the Advanced Wars games. They were a bit too talky, but they did have an interesting take on turn based strategy. There was also this golden eye game which was quite fun. Had a lot of cool puzzles in it. I remember it had this bit where your stranded in a desert with a limited amount of water and you had to go towards a certain coordinate on the map to get to a airport. It was funny because it worked on a Cartesian Plain system which I was just learning in maths at the time.