Your favorite PS2 rpg?

Tolly

Jan 12, 2009
Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana. Bright, cheerful, funny and witty.

Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis is a very very close second though. (Damn you GUST, for making such cracky games...)

ddq5

I wonder what the character limi
Jun 18, 2009
Persona 4. I mean, duh. P3:FES is alright, but the gameplay is really flawed, Persona 3 Portable is a much better alternative. but seriously persona 4 is perfect

EonEire

Feb 7, 2008
Rogue Galaxy, such a surprisingly good game, bought it because there was a bit of a game lull and ending up being at the top of my list in RPGs.

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
Does Shadow of the Colossus count? It has levelling, and it's so awesome that I'll count it as my favourite PS2 game in any genre where it fits. Besides, I don't have any other even vaguely RPG-type games on PS2. I have heard good things about Persona 3, though.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Drakengard and FFXII are great in my opinion. Drakengard is more of a hack 'n' slash with RPG elements, but still, it was developed by Square, so I think that gives it enough credibility as an RPG.

FFXII, while being despised by some fans, was pretty good in my opinion. The combat was solid. The story, while complex, was very engaging. And the Job System's resurgence was a refreshing change for the series.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Defense said:
I don't have a particular favorite, but I am currently having a blast with Persona 4 and Dragon Quest VIII.

Strain42 said:
Persona 3 FES
l3o2828 said:
Persona 3 FES...
Persona 4 was a subpar mystery story (yes, I grew up reading mystery novels so I'm a bit of a snob in that field) and Persona 3 will always have one huge advantage over P4 to me.

P3 doesn't have Yosuke in it.