Your favorite PS2 rpg?

Last Breath Bullet

Sep 10, 2010
If I was asked this question in a 1 on 1 setting I would say Persona 3 or 4, but since the majority has said 1 of those games (or both) I'll have to say Final Fantasy X.

Wanderer787

Mar 14, 2011
For me, that'd have to be Final Fantasy X because of BlitzBall. That was an awesome little distraction!

Demongeneral109

Jan 23, 2010
Austin Howe said:
megs1120 said:
For me it's a toss-up between Personas 3 and 4 and, oh god oh god OH GOD OH GOD PLEASE DON'T KILL ME Final Fantasy X-2
Ok, FFX was shit, but I've accepted that people aren't going to hear that, but you've gotta be kidding me! It was worse in almost every conceivable way!!!
Everyone hates on FFX and X2, so plenty hear it

My favorite is actually FFX too :) but yeah, KH and FFX are the best RPGs on the PS2 if not the entire last generation of consoles!
(part of it was FFX blitzball)
Also, add X2 to the list, the Blitz sucked, but the dress-spheres were fun, it was a prototype FFXIII, and it was awesome!!!

NellNell

Feb 11, 2011
goldendriger said:
Persona 4. Nuff said
I will one day buy a PS2 just for this game. Looks so good. Loving the 3rd one on PSP at the moment.

OT: When I had a PS2, before I sold it, I liked Kingdom Hearts 2 a lot. I also didn't buy many games for it, and is KH:2 even a RPG?

AyreonMaiden

Sep 24, 2010
M0rp43vs said:
Strain42 said:
P3 doesn't have Yosuke in it.
...Am I the only who likes or at the very least tolerate the guy?
Besides P4 doesn't have yukari.
HAH! Took the words right outta my mouth. I loved Yosuke and HATED Yukari.

There's nothing to say for Yosuke other than he's true bro material. I can't hate him when he's the next best fighter besides the MC, planned the expeditions alongside him, and on the whole had a great straight-man/comic-relief personality...

In general I liked that P4 tried to explore friendship rather than have you surrounded by people but still be almost completely alone in terms of abilities, looks and destinies, like in Persona 3. A feeling compounded by the fact that the S.Link dialog choices in P3 felt so much more cut and dry compared to P4.

I felt humility from P4's friendship between the MC and Yosuke, and with the rest of the cast too, and that was something that IMO was sorely missing from P3's character dynamics. I simply could not hate any character in that game, but Yosuke definitely became a favorite of mine, with Chie at a close second.

OT: Favorite PS2 RPG is Persona 4. I'd have said P3, but P3 Portable is infinitely better.

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
in after 9 million Persona responses.

I'm gonna break that chain and say Nocturne/Raidou Kuzunoha/DDS. One of those, you fight Lucifur. Another, Rasputin. And the third ones? You don't negotiate with monsters, you fucking eat them.

megs1120

Wing Commander
Jul 27, 2009
Austin Howe said:
megs1120 said:
For me it's a toss-up between Personas 3 and 4 and, oh god oh god OH GOD OH GOD PLEASE DON'T KILL ME Final Fantasy X-2
Ok, FFX was shit, but I've accepted that people aren't going to hear that, but you've gotta be kidding me! It was worse in almost every conceivable way!!!
The job system is indescribably awesome and being able to switch jobs on the fly, in a classic ATB combat system, is the pinnacle of Final Fantasy gameplay mechanics.

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
s69-5 said:
EvilMaggot said:
Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
Ugh. That's in my worst RPGs on PS2 category... [sub]grumble...poorly made FFX clone[/sub]

OP: Dragon Quest VIII, Disgaea or Suikoden III
Honorables to Persona 3, FFX, FFXII and Star Ocean 3
well i got better into LOTR: The Third Age, than in any FF game... they are simply just boring history wise *hides*

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
i never played Persona so thats why i didn't pick it

but I really enjoyed Dark cloud 2