Your favorite PS2 rpg?

K_Dub

Oct 19, 2008
Kingdom Hearts. Not a fan of how the series has been going recently, but it started out well enough.

Defense

Oct 20, 2010
Strain42 said:
Defense said:
I don't have a particular favorite, but I am currently having a blast with Persona 4 and Dragon Quest VIII.

Strain42 said:
Persona 3 FES
l3o2828 said:
Persona 3 FES...
Persona 4 was a subpar mystery story (yes, I grew up reading mystery novels so I'm a bit of a snob in that field) and Persona 3 will always have one huge advantage over P4 to me.

P3 doesn't have Yosuke in it.
I don't feel like using a similar image macro, so I'll just say this.
I respect your opinion even though I disagree with it.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Defense said:
Strain42 said:
Defense said:
I don't have a particular favorite, but I am currently having a blast with Persona 4 and Dragon Quest VIII.

Strain42 said:
Persona 3 FES
l3o2828 said:
Persona 3 FES...
Persona 4 was a subpar mystery story (yes, I grew up reading mystery novels so I'm a bit of a snob in that field) and Persona 3 will always have one huge advantage over P4 to me.

I don't feel like using a similar image macro, so I'll just say this.
I respect your opinion even though I disagree with it.
And I, to you. Here, have one of my imaginary business cards.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Kingdom hearts, easily.

K_Dub said:
Kingdom Hearts. Not a fan of how the series has been going recently, but it started out well enough.
Eh, I don't mind the side-quels so much, just as long as they get to KH3... EVENTUALLY

And all is forgiven if they port BBS to the Ps3.

ALL is forgiven.

Everything.

Even showing Rikku's middrift will be forgiven.

blizzaradragon

Mar 15, 2010
This one is hard for me. I'd have to give it to Persona 3, just barely beating out Rogue Galaxy and Dark Cloud 2. I have yet to play Persona 4 though, so who knows that might top all of them if/when I finally play it.

kuroshimo

Mar 31, 2011
I've gotta go with Star Ocean: Till the End of Time.

Daystar Clarion said:
Probably Star Ocean: Till the End of Time.

It's certainly the one I sank the most time into anyway.
It's not because you've put so much time in, it's that you keep coming back for more.

M0rp43vs

Most Refined Escapist
Jul 4, 2008
Strain42 said:
...Am I the only who likes or at the very least tolerate the guy?
Besides P4 doesn't have yukari.

Already mentioned
P3&4, Disgaea 1 and Phantom Brave(I was gonna say that damn you)

So I'll recommend
Disgaea 2, Soul nomad and the world eater (both by NIS)
Radiata story(lotsa characters, fairly nice looking, made by square)
...and I'm outta ideas

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
Strain42 said:
Defense said:

Strain42 said:
Persona 3 FES
l3o2828 said:
Persona 3 FES...

Agreed.
While characterization of your team mates and such was better in Persona 4, Persona 3 just had a darker much more shin megami tensei like story, wich i loved.

For the record i like the Yousuke guy, despite his homophobia and all he is still a very well written character.

Herbsk

May 31, 2011
Mana Khemia is probably my favorite - but to me Odin Sphere ranks a pretty close second, and Atelier Iris 3: Grand Phantasm is definately up there too

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Lord of the Rings: The Third Age

Champions of Norrath

Kingdom Hearts 1&2

Final Fantasy X

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2
Innegativeion said:
Kingdom hearts, easily.

K_Dub said:
Eh, I don't mind the side-quels so much, just as long as they get to KH3... EVENTUALLY

And all is forgiven if they port BBS to the Ps3.

ALL is forgiven.

Everything.

Even showing Rikku's middrift will be forgiven.
I haven't played any of the spin offs....just waiting for KH3...one day...

Final Fantasy 10 (12 is up there too, but not as good as 10).

EvilMaggot said:
Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
I still don't know how I feel about this game. I'm a massive LotR fan, and it was a fun game...but I didn't really like how the story intertwined. At times it was decent, like Helms Deep, or helping Faramir in Osgiliath, but there were some parts, like when Aragorn heals Idrial....or the last boss...which just annoyed the hell out of me (for those who did not play it, you fight the Eye. Yes, the Eye of Sauron. You fight it. And destroy it. Turns out it had nothing to do with Frodo destroying the One Ring - or if it did, it was just a coincidence. Also, how did they get to the top of Barad-dur?).

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Depending on how loosely we are defining RPG... Probably Kingdom Hearts 1&2. Didn't play many good RPG's on the PS2.

ltbigjohn

Jul 28, 2010
gundam sagas. i played that for so long and it took for ever and i loved every second of it. kinda have to be a gundam fan to get the full experience but even so it is amazing.