Your favorite PS2 rpg?

Bajinga

Jun 11, 2011
"Your favorite PS2"... Shadow of the Colossus.
"rpg"... Oh! Umm... Probably Kingdom Hearts II. (Not really a fan of RPG's)

Staskala

Sep 28, 2010
Ar Tonelico 2.
Not my favorite for the gameplay or story (although they are pretty damn good, especially the setting) but the soundtrack.
Easily among the best in video game history.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
Probably Tales of the Abyss. Fun combat, good story, interesting characters. It's the RPG trifecta. I still hold Luke up as having the single best character arc I've ever seen in a video game.

A close second would be Rogue Galaxy.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Pretty much any game in the Shin Megami Tensei series, although Persona 3 was my personal favorite.

liquidsolid

Feb 18, 2011
Final Fantasy X- In my opinion it is the last game in the golden age of Final Fantasy games (Starting with FFVI). It has great music, decent characters, great story, great graphics for the time.

Sordak

Oct 5, 2010
certainly id go for Champions return to Arms, while it is an ARPG its a fun little console Diablo thats realy to fun with a friend around, and it got all the collecting frenzy that made Diablo great.... and plenty of boobs

Chapper said:
I'm gonna go ahead and name my favourite which none of you have heard of;

Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land.
play the old Wizardry games on PC, especialy 7 and 8 as they are VASTLY superior. A way better Class system, better combat, gore (everyone exploding into bloody gibs, its wonderfull!) not to mention a somewhat unique Sci Fi setting with Rhino Marines, guns and a recruitable Cyborg.
Oh yess and you could fight nessie (not that it would be a smart idea tho)

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
The .hack series probably at the top, but also FFX, Rogue galaxy(even though I can't beat the last boss and refuse to ever try it again), Tales of the abyss. I want to get Dark cloud 2 so bad after hearing about it. Probably gonna be impossible though.

Extasii

May 22, 2009
icame said:
PowCoJG said:
Innegativeion said:
Even showing Rikku's middrift will be forgiven.
Erm... Which Rikku we talkin about here?

Riku from KH - The dude that wields darkness and a badass blade

or...

Rikku from FFX/X-2 - My favorite gamegirl of all time whose midriff should be shown at ALL times?

In other news, my fave PS2 RPG's would probably be Champions of Norrath, followed closely by the original 4 .Hacks. After that, Final Fantasy X-2 (yes, a big part of that is Rikku, don't judge!)

captcha: Spakovros Liscila, sound kinda like the name of a crew member in Star Trek...
She's underage. Just thought I'd let you know that.

OT: Persona 4 unquestionably. I enjoyed that game to the nth degree.
I had to wiki it... I seriously cannot comprehend her being anything younger than 19...

icame

Aug 4, 2010
PowCoJG said:
icame said:
PowCoJG said:
Innegativeion said:

or...

Rikku from FFX/X-2 - My favorite gamegirl of all time whose midriff should be shown at ALL times?

In other news, my fave PS2 RPG's would probably be Champions of Norrath, followed closely by the original 4 .Hacks. After that, Final Fantasy X-2 (yes, a big part of that is Rikku, don't judge!)

captcha: Spakovros Liscila, sound kinda like the name of a crew member in Star Trek...

I had to wiki it... I seriously cannot comprehend her being anything younger than 19...
Sorry to ruin your fantasy ^^ FINAL fantasy that is!

Commence the stoning, that joke was horrible.

Austin Howe

Dec 5, 2010
Currently I would have to say Tales of the Abyss, but I more than expect that I'll like Xenosaga or Persona 3/4 more when I start playing it. The weird thing is how weak Square-Enix was in the period. Let's be honest, a development team at SE did not produce a single truly great traditional RPG for the system.

PekoponTAS

Mar 7, 2009
I only have a few PS2 games, and the only RPG I have for it is a somewhat unknown game called "Okage: The Shadow King". Pretty fun game with some really fun characters and really funny dialogue. Worth checking out if you've exhausted the library of popular RPGs on the system.

Austin Howe

Dec 5, 2010
megs1120 said:
For me it's a toss-up between Personas 3 and 4 and, oh god oh god OH GOD OH GOD PLEASE DON'T KILL ME Final Fantasy X-2
Ok, FFX was shit, but I've accepted that people aren't going to hear that, but you've gotta be kidding me! It was worse in almost every conceivable way!!!

Extasii

May 22, 2009
icame said:
PowCoJG said:
icame said:
PowCoJG said:
Innegativeion said:

or...

Sorry to ruin your fantasy ^^ FINAL fantasy that is!

Commence the stoning, that joke was horrible.
idk about stoning, but i wish i never met you right now... "ignorance is bliss" has never been so meaningful