Your Favorite Quote?

THE_JOKE_KING33

Jul 17, 2012
"I'm afraid, sir, that you have a rather weak grasp of reality."
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever!" - Baron Münchhausen to Horatio Jackson, The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

Favorite quote easily.

This one also deserves an honorable mention:

"You need to understand that your little jabs and your insults...it's all kiddy games. You can't leave a mark on the champs face! Come and understand, when you step in the ring. Your arms are just too short to box with God!"

Some guy on some website I can remember currently said that, I thought it was funny.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies." "The man who never reads lives only one."

Jojen Reed -A Dance of Dragons

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
I've been watching The Tick live action series recently so I'm chock full of Warburton gold.

"Fight fire with Arthur!"

"Don't be a crybaby, be a TRYbaby."

And one from Dr. Nefarious himself..
"I'll fold you into my wallet and spend ya on a whore!"

Ratties

May 8, 2013
If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?.

One of the creepiest things I have ever heard a person say before. Has alot of weight to it when you think about it.
[http://photobucket.com/images/Anton%20Chigurh]

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
shrekfan246 said:
From the film Serenity said:
Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.
Now see that bold bit always pissed me off. Who the fuck doesn't try to be better? We spend years of our lives in school to become better. We practice music, sports and language to make ourselves better. We worship people because we think they are better then us.

The one thing men will never be... is tame
Erm... there's a difference between working to better yourself and being genetically engineered or isolated and trained to effectively become a sleeper agent super-soldier.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
I'm sorry, but I don't want to be an Emperor, that's not my business. I don't want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible, Jew, gentile, black man, white. We all want to help one another, human beings are like that. We all want to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone and the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone.
The way of life can be free and beautiful. But we have lost the way.

Greed has poisoned men's souls, has barricaded the world with hate; has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.

We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in;
machinery that gives abundance has left us in want.
Our knowledge has made us cynical,
our cleverness hard and unkind.
We think too much and feel too little.
More than machinery we need humanity,
more than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness.

Without these qualities life will be violent and all will be lost.

The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men, cries out for universal brotherhood for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world, millions of despairing men, women and little children, victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people. To those who can hear me I say: do not despair.

The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass and dictators will die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people and so long as men die liberty will never perish.

Soldiers: don't give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you and enslave you, who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think and what to feel, who drill you, diet you, treat you as cattle, as cannon fodder!

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men,
machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts.
You are not machines!
You are not cattle!
You are men!!
You have the love of humanity in your hearts.
You don't hate, only the unloved hate.
The unloved and the unnatural.
Soldiers: don't fight for slavery, fight for liberty!

In the seventeenth chapter of Saint Luke it is written:
- "The kingdom of God is within man."
Not one man, nor a group of men, but in all men: in you!

You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.
Then, in the name of democracy, let us use that power, let us all unite!
Let us fight for a new world, a decent world that will give men a chance to work, that will give you the future and old age and security.
By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power, but they lie. They do not fulfil their promise, they never will. Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people.
Now let us fight to fulfil that promise. Let us fight to free the world, to do away with national barriers, to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men's happiness.

Soldiers! In the name of democracy: let us all unite!

-Charlie Chaplin, The Great Dictator

excalipoor

Jan 16, 2011
THE_JOKE_KING33 said:

"You need to understand that your little jabs and your insults...it's all kiddy games. You can't leave a mark on the champs face! Come and understand, when you step in the ring. Your arms are just too short to box with God!"

Some guy on some website I can remember currently said that, I thought it was funny.
That would be Phil Brooks AKA Chick Magnet Punk.

Black Reaper

Aug 19, 2011
Such is the counterbalance of good and evil - death upon the wicked and the just. I shall spread its law across this land. And thus all of humanity will come to know it as the bitter truth that governs the battlefield, acknowledge it, and grow sick of it... until the day conflict itself dies out from the face of this earth.
Kageaki-Fullmetal Daemon Muramasa

Muramasa has a lot of great quotes,this is just the one i found first

Also:
Minato Kageaki, eh...? Yeah, I know the guy. He was a pathetic loser who lived a useless life.
But... it seems like he finally managed to come to his senses. If he were a hero, he would kill with pride. If he were a villain, he would enjoy his kills and spill blood with a smile.
Sorimachi,also from muramasa

THE_JOKE_KING33

Jul 17, 2012
excalipoor said:
THE_JOKE_KING33 said:

That would be Phil Brooks AKA Chick Magnet Punk.

Why thank you. :)

A_Parked_Car

Oct 30, 2009
Well, I have a lot of favourite quotes. Instead of posting them all, I decided to just randomly select a few.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

"I'm not here to tell you all of the answers. Rather, I'm here to merely get you acquainted with the questions." (Speaking of the study of history.) - Dr. David C. Wright

"War makes rattling good history, but peace is poor reading." - Thomas Hardy

"Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." - Sun-Tzu

"This is not a peace. It is an armistice for twenty years." (Speaking of the Treaty of Versailles in 1919) - Ferdinand Foch

?The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.? - Winston Churchill

?The Admiralty had demanded six ships; the economists offered four; and we finally compromised on eight.? (Speaking of the decision to construct more capital ships during the Anglo-German naval arms race.) - Winston Churchill

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
Dangit2019 said:
I'm sorry, but I don't want to be an Emperor, that's not my business. I don't want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible, Jew, gentile, black man, white. We all want to help one another, human beings are like that. We all want to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone and the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone.
The way of life can be free and beautiful. But we have lost the way.

Greed has poisoned men's souls, has barricaded the world with hate; has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.

We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in;
machinery that gives abundance has left us in want.
Our knowledge has made us cynical,
our cleverness hard and unkind.
We think too much and feel too little.
More than machinery we need humanity,
more than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness.

Without these qualities life will be violent and all will be lost.

The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men, cries out for universal brotherhood for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world, millions of despairing men, women and little children, victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people. To those who can hear me I say: do not despair.

The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass and dictators will die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people and so long as men die liberty will never perish.

Soldiers: don't give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you and enslave you, who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think and what to feel, who drill you, diet you, treat you as cattle, as cannon fodder!

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men,
machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts.
You are not machines!
You are not cattle!
You are men!!
You have the love of humanity in your hearts.
You don't hate, only the unloved hate.
The unloved and the unnatural.
Soldiers: don't fight for slavery, fight for liberty!

In the seventeenth chapter of Saint Luke it is written:
- "The kingdom of God is within man."
Not one man, nor a group of men, but in all men: in you!

You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.
Then, in the name of democracy, let us use that power, let us all unite!
Let us fight for a new world, a decent world that will give men a chance to work, that will give you the future and old age and security.
By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power, but they lie. They do not fulfil their promise, they never will. Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people.
Now let us fight to fulfil that promise. Let us fight to free the world, to do away with national barriers, to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men's happiness.

Soldiers! In the name of democracy: let us all unite!

-Charlie Chaplin, The Great Dictator
Thank you. Thank you so god damn much.

It bears repeating.

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
Why, I've got several.

Andrew Ryan said:
Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different.
Just that bit though, the rest is a little silly.

Atlas Shrugged said:
I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
Pierre Simon Laplace said:
We may regard the present state of the universe as the effect of its past and the cause of its future. An intellect which at a certain moment would know all forces that set nature in motion, and all positions of all items of which nature is composed, if this intellect were also vast enough to submit these data to analysis, it would embrace in a single formula the movements of the greatest bodies of the universe and those of the tiniest atom; for such an intellect nothing would be uncertain and the future just like the past would be present before its eyes.
Friedrich Nietzsche said:
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
Not sure said:
Measure what is measurable, and make measurable what is not so.
Albert Einstein said:
God does not play dice with the world.
Penn Gillette said:
...once you've said you believe something that you can't prove to someone else you have completely walled yourself off from the world.

And you've essentially said no one can talk to you and you can talk to no one. You've also given license to everybody else who feels that. If you say to me "I can't prove it Penn, but I have a feeling in my heart that there is a power over everything that connects us," why can't Charlie Manson say "I can't prove it but I can have a feeling that the Beatles are telling us to kill Sharon Tate and that the race riots are coming?" Why can't Al Qaeda say "I have a feeling in my heart that we need to kill these particular infidels?" Why can't the men who tortured and disfigured Ayaan Hirsi Ali?why isn't what they feel in their heart valid?
Richard Dawkins said:
It is a simple logic truth that, short of mass emigration into space, with rockets taking off at the rate of several million per second, uncontrolled birth-rates are bound to lead to horribly increased death ?rates. It is hard to believe that this simple truth is not understood by those leaders who forbid their followers to use effective contraceptive methods. They express a preference for ?natural? methods of population limitation, and a natural method is exactly what they are going to get. It is called starvation.
Richard Dawkins said:
We are survival machines ? robot vehicles blindly programmed to preserve the selfish molecules known as genes. This is a truth which still fills me with astonishment.
Sam Harris said:
Either our wills are determined by prior causes and we are not responsible for them, or they are the product of chance and we are not responsible for them. If a man's choice to shoot the president is determined by a certain pattern of neural activity, which is in turn the product of prior causes-perhaps an unfortunate coincidence of bad genes, an unhappy childhood, lost sleep, and a cosmic-ray bombardment-what can it possibly mean to say that his will is "free"? No one has ever described a way in which mental and physical processes could arise that would attest to the existence of such freedom.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
This, in its entirety:

Also,

"Sometimes Isolation is a good thing, it can lead to...important discoveries."
- Sasha Nein

"Human, you've changed nothing. Your species has the attention of those infinitely your greater. That which you know as Reapers are your salvation through destruction. You have failed. We will find another way. RELEASING CONTROL."
- Harbinger

"Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding."
- Sovereign

Hell, why not:

Basically, anything Sovereign says.

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Naruto has some really great quotes here are some of my favourites:

"When people are protecting something truly special to them, they truly can become...as strong as they can be."-Haku

?A smile is the best way to get away with trouble even if it?s a fake one.? -Sai

"No, you don't get it, thats why I'm telling you. You think you get it, which isn't the same as actually getting it. Get it?" - Hatake Kakashi

"If my arms get ripped off, I'll just kick him to death. If my legs get ripped off, I'll just bite him to death. If my head gets ripped off, I'll just stare him to death. And if my eyes get ripped out, I'll just curse him to death!"
-Naruto

"Hard work is worthless for those that don't believe in themselves!" -Gai

"I've realized recently...that everyone is given life for a reason. Everyone has something important to accomplish. The quest to discover what that is...is the only freedom God has given us humans."-Kimimaro

"There probably isn't any meaning in life. But perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you."
-Orochimaru

"We are both but men, driven to seek vengeance under the banner of justice. However? if there is justice in vengeance, then justice will breed only more vengeance? thus forging more links in a chain of hatred."-Nagato

"We're both of the same breed, after all? motives for war are of no concern. Religion, ideology, resources, land, grudges, love, or just because? No matter how pathetic the reason, it's enough to start a war. War will never cease to exist? Reasons can be thought up after the fact. Human nature pursues strife."-Nagato

"You think you're the only ones who matter. You think you can put off death. But that peace made you foolish and thoughtless. If you kill someone, someone else will kill you? this hatred binds us together. I want you to feel pain, to think about pain, to accept pain, to know pain."-Nagato

"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts? their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"-Itachi Uchiha

MrStab

Mar 24, 2011
My favourite quote comes from my dad "Exams are like having a baby, you sit around doing fuck all for nine months then everything happends at once and you're expected to know what to do." This was one of the most accurate things I've ever heard anyone say.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
Leemaster777 said:
Silvanus said:
Leemaster777 said:
"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die, and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!"
Now there's a quote I've heard more than any other combination of words, ever.

Boot up FFX -> "Now is the time to choose!" -> Get absolutely murdered by Yunalesca -> Boot up save game -> "Now is the time to choose!" -> Yunalesca wipes the floor with me, once again. -> You get the idea.
You know, I hear that all the time, but I've played FFX twice, and I didn't have any trouble beating Yunalesca either time. Not trying to brag, and I'm not sure exactly what I did right that made the fight so easy, but I've never really GOTTEN why she's considered so hard. Personally, I found the boss immediately before her to be alot harder.
I can't speak for everyone, but 3rd form Yunalesca's mega-death attack (I think that is it) just wrecked me so many god damned times until I found out you needed to keep one person zombified to survive it. Of course, like the Seymour bosses, you could just aeon overdrive her into oblivion like I did, but that took a lot of the fun out of it.

Anyway, a quote from X-2, yes the game had its share of problems, but Yuna's speech before Vegnagun is really nice:

Starts at 1:37