Your favorite rule of combat.

Thanatos5150

Apr 20, 2009
Friendly Fire isn't friendly.

Suppressive fire won't suppress.

Recoilless rifles aren't recoilless.

If the enemy is in range, so are you.

You are not Superman (Marines and Fighter Pilots, this applies double to you).

If it looks like a good spot for an ambush, the enemy is thinking the same thing.

Remember Thermopylae? Where the Spartans were defeated because of an unguarded goat path that led to the rear flank? Yeah. Guard your rear flank.

Unfair fights are something only the losing side complains about.

You may be willing to die for your country, or your cause, but I'm killing to kill for it first.

No battle plan survives contact with the enemy.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
mastermerrick said:
My question is simple: if your were in a battlefield (any time period or location,) what rule would you hold above all others?

Mine is, " An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody." (Also the subject of one of my favorite T-shirts.)

So what is your One Rule?
Completely unrelated to your question: How did you get your personal title? I loved Jekyll.

OT:

...the skillful fighter puts himself into a position which makes defeat impossible, and does not miss the moment for defeating the enemy. Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won.
-Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.
-Black Knight, Magic: The Gathering

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.
-Patton

kingtiger326

Jun 20, 2011
-Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns.
-If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.
-Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with a "4".