Your favorite starter weapon?

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
I like games where in order to get your first weapon you have to beat someone with your fists and take it from them.

mrhappyface

Jul 25, 2009
AjimboB said:
A tie between the Halo 1 pistol, the Halo ODST pistol, and the Halo Reach Pistol.

Why? Because shooting someone in the face with a pistol, and killing while they unload a clip of AR ammo at you is the best feeling ever.
You should try playing Doom on the hardest difficulty. You can beat the whole game just only using the pistol, even the Cyberdemon!

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
The Buster Sword and the Kingdom Key

In KH 2 i had no clue you could switch weapons and still beat it XD

starhaven

Jan 24, 2010
imaloony said:
Why, the Halo 1 pistol of course. That thing was one of the most powerful weapons in the game, and you get it from the instant you shoot your first enemy.
yep i loved that gun the halo 2 pistol sucked why do you make a gun worse lol your an army you keep the good ones ;)

mrhappyface

Jul 25, 2009
Urgh76 said:
The Buster Sword and the Kingdom Key

In KH 2 i had no clue you could switch weapons and still beat it XD
I honestly never switched weapons in that game. It wasn't that hard really. Spamming magic never got old though.

Limzz

Apr 16, 2010
Hunting rifle from Fallout 3. TBH all the shitty weapons in the game. It really helps the immersion to just be scrounging around and picking up junk like a tire iron and beating the hell out of a raider with it to survive.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Melee- Crowbar
Gun- Plasma cutter

Both very effective at killing things and making their respective protagonists like badass in promo art.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I believe you start with the Tojo Blades in Van Helsing. If you do, they get my vote.

<spoiler=Here's a picture of one of them>http://www.makebelievecostume.com/images_product/large/Rubies/594.jpg

mrhappyface

Jul 25, 2009
SoranMBane said:
Melee- Crowbar
Gun- Plasma cutter

Both very effective at killing things and making their respective protagonists like badass in promo art.
The Plasma Cutter is THE BEST weapon in the game strangely.

Death on Trapezoids

Nov 19, 2009
Well, being both functional and kick ass, I would have to go with the wrench in Ratchet and Clank. I know it might not hold a candle to some of the others mentioned here, but it is the best example I can think of right now.
Or the drill in bioshock 2.
Lastly, smashing, crushing, or otherwise destroying countless EDF and/or buildings of all description with a SLEDGEHAMMER is always fun.