Your favorite starter weapon?

mrhappyface

Jul 25, 2009
Jakesnake said:
Well, being both functional and kick ass, I would have to go with the wrench in Ratchet and Clank. I know it might not hold a candle to some of the others mentioned here, but it is the best example I can think of right now.
Or the drill in bioshock 2.
Lastly, smashing, crushing, or otherwise destroying countless EDF and/or buildings of all description with a SLEDGEHAMMER is always fun.
If you use the super hammer cheat with the fully upgraded sledgehammer, the thing becomes practically like Mjolnor! You can whack EDF Tanks into orbit!

Sep 14, 2009
mrhappyface said:
Urgh76 said:
The Buster Sword and the Kingdom Key

In KH 2 i had no clue you could switch weapons and still beat it XD
I honestly never switched weapons in that game. It wasn't that hard really. Spamming magic never got old though.
honestly in the first one i did this 3/4 thru the game, same thing through final fantasy 6/7 when i first started out, then i started to actually pay attention to the menu and abilities and became WAY stronger =]

Save us.A7X

Apr 15, 2009
The Wrench in Bioshock, I'm not entirely sure but I think that "zap 'em then whack 'em" combo will serve you pretty well throughout the entire game.

Kouen

Yea, Furry. Deal With It!
Mar 23, 2010
Crowbar, You dont need nothing else then to beat the shit out of everything that comes your way till you get a boomstick!

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Aylaine said:
Crowbar seems like a pretty good first starting weapon. Besides, I got to pick at a Combines faceplate with it. :D
You'd think those mask's would stop blunt trauma....

Anyway OT: The Wrench, From Opposing Force, You can swing down quickly, Or sneak up behind your enemy, charge up the wrench swing, and literally gib a fuly grown man in combat armor.

Awsome.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Wel, you have to level up once to get it, but after playing Warhammer Online, I quite like the Marauder's crab claw.

CRAB CLAW!

Daipire

Oct 25, 2009
imaloony said:
Why, the Halo 1 pistol of course. That thing was one of the most powerful weapons in the game, and you get it from the instant you shoot your first enemy.
Yeah, cracking those grunts over the head is like sweet, sweet music.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Bioshock 2, you start with a massive drill on one hand...

A massive drill

Admiral Stukov

I spill my drink!
Jul 1, 2009
A red Crowbar.
And no not from half life, but from Deus Ex.
You know the rules, now someone here will have to re-install it.

Apr 29, 2010
Aylaine said:
Crowbar seems like a pretty good first starting weapon. Besides, I got to pick at a Combines faceplate with it. :D
"Hey, Mr. Combine, you got a bug on your mask! Here, let me get that for you." *whack followed by the Combine flatlining* "Oh shoot, the little guy got away."

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Crowbar, most definitely.

Although the Assassin's Creed Hidden Blade is a killer weapon as well.

Basically any weapon that you can keep until the end and remains awesome despite the availability of other weaponry.

Audio

Apr 8, 2010
Don't believe people choose a red crowbar over any other weapon in another game u__u

The two pistols from Devil may cry, "ebony & ivory". Loyal guns that don't run out of ammo <3

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Aylaine said:
I know right, I mean they can stop bullets pretty well, but a few wacks from a crowbar and they die with the radio sounds. If there was a gun where you could shoot the crowbar, it would probably be 1 shot.
Someone needs to do a Half-Life 2 map with crowbars lying around and a GG. Gravity Gun launcher (mouse2) + crowbar "ammo" = awesome.