Your Favorite Terrible Movie. Or So Bad They're Awesome

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Pretty self explanatory. What movie/s do you love, that you fully acknowledge are pieces of dated schlock, horribly written, or whatever....but you can't help but love them anyway?

For me, probably the most pristine example (as I have several) is

The Last Dragon.

Oh my god this film is SO BAD. It's SO 80s, it just bleeds that decade from every pour, until you feel infected by it. But I love it...SO MUCH. The insane tropes of it, how it's basically a comic book made film, on purpose. How most of the black actors in the film are coded as asian, and every asian is coded as black, again, on purpose. The terrible music. But, all of that, pales, to one thing......ONE THING....that is ....

The baddest....

the PRETTIEST!!!

THE MOST DANGEROUS MOFO THAT GET LOW DOWN IN THIS TOWN!!!!

Who is he?

WHO!!! IS HE?!?!?!

That's right you insignificant PEASANTS!!! BOW BEFORE YOU MASTER!!!! OR HE WILL CHEW EVERY CRUMB OF SCENERY AROUND YOU!! IN FACT, HE'LL DO THAT ANYWAY!!!

I love this guy, so much. The way he just dives head first, into playing this over the top villain, and how you love him for it. Plus, the final fight with him and Bruce Leroy, is just awesome. Like I genuinely get choked up when they do the end battle, and the tides turn against the villain. The music is what does it, I'll admit. I remember seeing this as a kid ( I was around...9 at the time?) and it was just so fucking GOOD! And it still holds up for me, in the cheesy as hell but you love it anyway department.

So what terrible piece of cinematic shit do you absolutely love, without any regret or shame?

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Street Fighter is an obvious choice; it’s so shit but Raul Julia’s performance as M. Bison is just amazing to watch.

Another is Masters of the Universe; honestly this one isn’t bad so much as it’s whole middle is kind of lame because it’s on Earth and not Eternia. The cast all acquit themselves really well, but like Street Fighter the highlight is the villain; Frank Langella as Skeletor. What a scenery chewing masterpiece he is.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Pretty self explanatory. What movie/s do you love, that you fully acknowledge are pieces of dated schlock, horribly written, or whatever....but you can't help but love them anyway?

For me, probably the most pristine example (as I have several) is

The Last Dragon.

Oh my god this film is SO BAD. It's SO 80s, it just bleeds that decade from every pour, until you feel infected by it. But I love it...SO MUCH. The insane tropes of it, how it's basically a comic book made film, on purpose. How most of the black actors in the film are coded as asian, and every asian is coded as black, again, on purpose. The terrible music. But, all of that, pales, to one thing......ONE THING....that is ....

The baddest....

the PRETTIEST!!!

THE MOST DANGEROUS MOFO THAT GET LOW DOWN IN THIS TOWN!!!!

Who is he?

WHO!!! IS HE?!?!?!

That's right you insignificant PEASANTS!!! BOW BEFORE YOU MASTER!!!! OR HE WILL CHEW EVERY CRUMB OF SCENERY AROUND YOU!! IN FACT, HE'LL DO THAT ANYWAY!!!

I love this guy, so much. The way he just dives head first, into playing this over the top villain, and how you love him for it. Plus, the final fight with him and Bruce Leroy, is just awesome. Like I genuinely get choked up when they do the end battle, and the tides turn against the villain. The music is what does it, I'll admit. I remember seeing this as a kid ( I was around...9 at the time?) and it was just so fucking GOOD! And it still holds up for me, in the cheesy as hell but you love it anyway department.

So what terrible piece of cinematic shit do you absolutely love, without any regret or shame?
Last Dragon ain't so bad it's, good. It's so silly, it's awesome. I appreciate the love regardless.

Zombi 3 - An Italian zombie film that is a weird mish mash of Romero's zombies, Return of the Living, Dead, and The Crazies. You get a crazy variety of zombies, and the awful, hilarious dubbing that comes with it.

Street Fighter (1994) & MK: Annihilation.

Tekken: The Motion Picture.

Batman & Robin

Ghostrider 2 - That one is actually decent, but they were working on the SyFy back lot with that one. Still entertaining.

Last edited:
Reactions: gorfias

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I just watched Spies in Disguise (which I think is the name), starring Will Smith and Tom Holland. It's so ridiculously stupid, I can't believe it exists.

The movie contains both Will Smith's James Bond-esque character being turned into a pigeon and the idea that the CIA is a dangerous entity whose business is the murdering of foreigners. Which is fucking hilarious. I wish I was either drunk or on drugs when I watched this.

Also, for some weird reason it has many parallels with Spider-man Far From Home.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I actually can't name that many movies for me personally. It's more often that a so-called bad movie is one that I genuinely like, or at least feel gets an unfair rep.

That said, I guess I can nominate:

-Battle Los Angeles: Aliens invade, fight marines, pew-pew-pew, cue dramatic speeches with melodramatic music. That said, it's kind of a guilty pleasure. It's braindead military sci-fi, but at least it's fun.

-Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (I'm more sympathetic to the Anderson movies than most, but the final installment squarely sits in guilty pleasure territory for me)

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
-Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (I'm more sympathetic to the Anderson movies than most, but the final installment squarely sits in guilty pleasure territory for me)
I never saw Final Chapter. I think the last one I saw was Extinction? I remember a scene where Alice uses her psychic powers to firebend a column of flame to kill a flock of zombie crows. Whichever one that was. I'd never been a huge RE fan to begin with, so I didn't have much investment in the films. But I do stand by my opinion that the first RE film was actually a really good take on the basic premise of the game, trying to extrapolate it into a film. Which I find funny, since the games they were adapting, were themselves, adaptations of horror/zombie movies. So you have this incredibly recursive, incestuous translation of a source, to a new source, then back to that source, lost in translation, insanity. And it frankly just amused the hell out of me. But i appreciated that they did a lot of little things that were a nod to the games. Like having a shot of a single corpse, with a large pool of blood, and a VERY OBVIOUS ITEM in that pool of blood by their hand, isolated in a column of light. Which is something the games did all the time to make it obvious to a player that the item is something they need. How they made the protagonist be amnesiac, which is such a common element in gaming. Stuff locked away behind glass panels with a keypad, that you have no idea how to get to, but maybe if you do a second playthrough you'll access it.

Just, lots of little things that made it super fun.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Palindromemordnilap

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 12, 2020
Country
United Kingdom
The Star Wars Holiday special. Its just batshit insanity from start to finish and I'm not sure me or the friends I watched it with that one Christmas have ever laughed more

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
The Star Wars Holiday special. Its just batshit insanity from start to finish and I'm not sure me or the friends I watched it with that one Christmas have ever laughed more
Funny thing is I don't remember ever hearing anything about that special, until WAAAY after the fact. I mean I grew up in the 80s, and I remember the Ewok live action tv show, and I saw Return in the theaters when it released. But I have ZERO memory of the holiday special until I was into my...hell I guess at least my 20s or 30s. And it was in the context of fans talking about how terrible it is. I've still never seen it, other than a clip here and there in someone's youtube video.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
*snips for Truth*
Are you kidding me right now?

Are you?

You liked it? I lived it! I'm a light skinned Black Guy who grew up in the Bronx who did Martial Arts. Care to guess what people used to call me on the regular?!

Here's the thing. I do love the movie. I got it. I tried to watch it again just a few weeks ago and... that was rough. I still love it. Always will.

And at the end, All the kids in the Dojo (the CHINESE Dojo... where Bruce Leroy's Master is an elderly Japanese man who practices Kyūdō...) came out to help the fight?! I remember asking my teacher the next session if he has any bad guys that are harming him. He said the bank which I didn't get.

... Wow. That's super dark now.

But since I have two films that are universally trash that I love so much and Happy just named one, I think I'll bring the other one out to play

I might be a peace loving guy now, but as an 8 year old, I was ready to fight EVERYONE. Just as long as I could feel I was on the side of Justice.

Or coolness.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Are you kidding me right now?

Are you?

You liked it? I lived it! I'm a light skinned Black Guy who grew up in the Bronx who did Martial Arts. Care to guess what people used to call me on the regular?!

Here's the thing. I do love the movie. I got it. I tried to watch it again just a few weeks ago and... that was rough. I still love it. Always will.

And at the end, All the kids in the Dojo (the CHINESE Dojo... where Bruce Leroy's Master is an elderly Japanese man who practices Kyūdō...) came out to help the fight?! I remember asking my teacher the next session if he has any bad guys that are harming him. He said the bank which I didn't get.

... Wow. That's super dark now.

But since I have two films that are universally trash that I love so much and Happy just named one, I think I'll bring the other one out to play

I might be a peace loving guy now, but as an 8 year old, I was ready to fight EVERYONE. Just as long as I could feel I was on the side of Justice.

Or coolness.
I CAAAAAAAAN DIG IIIIIIIIIIIT!!! Funny thing about that scene, that I heard. The come out and play scene. Is that the actor improv'd that, and the Warrior's expressions of dismay and concern, were genuine, because the actors were apparently genuinely freaked out by the performance.

Steve? No no! Um...don't tell me....Frank!! No, no that's not it...um...hmm......yeah I got nothing. Total blank.

Reactions: BrawlMan

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
Street Fighter. It's not a good movie, by any real critical approach, but it still makes me smile when I watch it. Raul Julia did a hell of a job as M. Bison, and I still hold up his "It was Tuesday" as a legitimately good supervillain speech. Plus, some of the jokes actually make me laugh, like pretty much anything Zangief says. "You got...paid?"

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Street Fighter. It's not a good movie, by any real critical approach, but it still makes me smile when I watch it. Raul Julia did a hell of a job as M. Bison, and I still hold up his "It was Tuesday" as a legitimately good supervillain speech. Plus, some of the jokes actually make me laugh, like pretty much anything Zangief says. "You got...paid?"
Yes, I think Zangief gets overlooked in that film. He's got some GREAT lines, like "Quick! Change Channel!" as they watch the boulder come at them. Loved that guy.

But yes, It Was Tuesday is a fantastic line, pretty much everything Raul did in that film is fantastic. The movie is utter shit, but it's delicious shit xD

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
It was one of the best bits of villainy I have ever seen. So many stories have the good guys and bad guys intertwined. To have the absolute villain seemingly win and go "... And you are...?" slapped hard.

Palindromemordnilap

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 12, 2020
Country
United Kingdom
Funny thing is I don't remember ever hearing anything about that special, until WAAAY after the fact. I mean I grew up in the 80s, and I remember the Ewok live action tv show, and I saw Return in the theaters when it released. But I have ZERO memory of the holiday special until I was into my...hell I guess at least my 20s or 30s. And it was in the context of fans talking about how terrible it is. I've still never seen it, other than a clip here and there in someone's youtube video.
See I'm a 90s kid so there wasn't as much Star Wars making its way to the UK in my childhood, so I've got more of an excuse for not knowing about it until the internet became a thing

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Tommy(1975).

A Film version of The Who's rock Opera album about a deaf dumb and blind boy who is eventually turned into a religious figure by the people around him and it's bad. Real Bad. And yet, surprisingly entertaining. There are a number of great musical performances(mostly by actual musicians) and an equal number of terrible ones mixed in(they let Oliver Reed sing. Never let Oliver Reed sing). Since Roger Daltry played the titular character, he doesn't get to sing(or do much of anything, really) until halfway through the film, yeah.

It's also made in the 1970's, so it has a heavy feel of being made on The Drugs, and added to this is Ken Russels going whole Hog on the Jesus metaphor. And man, if Ken Russell has met symbolism he didn't want to beat you over the head with for 90 min, he hasn't found it in this movie, because you WILL know Tommy is a Christ figure, Dammit.

Best watched with a bottle of your favorite adult beverage and preferably a couple of friends to make fun of it with.

Last edited:
Reactions: gorfias

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
I dont know if it's that bad but Black Sheep. Also Rubber, the Killer Tyre movie. I'm probably putting these hear for ridiculousness rather bad
Ahh, but which bad Black Sheep movie are you talking about. The just boring Black Sheep (1996) with Farley and Spade... or the really baaaaaaad Black Sheep (2006.) I'm pretty sure you mean 2006, I can't imagine anyone watching the 96 version and remembering having done so for more than a day or so.

Mine, probably Hudson Hawk. I know its terrible but I can't help it. Aiello and Willis singing tunes while stealing treasures is just guaranteed to put a smile on my face. Plus, a golf bag plunger grenade launcher... funniest deadly weapon ever.