Alestorm Korpiklaani
I never knew any one else on this site knew those bands

Austrian Death Machine for american band

(not that popular in America)
Ensiferium
Amon Amarth
Epica
Wintersun
(unknown of status for all just taking a guess because they're not that well known in America)
that's all I think of

FurinKazanNZ said:
Alestorm... Pirate Metal all the way
ok you guys instantly gone up on my awesome list

[.redacted]

Jan 24, 2010
Golem239 said:
Niagro said:
Alestorm Korpiklaani
I never knew any one else on this site knew those bands

Austrian Death Machine for american band

(not that popular in America)
Ensiferium
Amon Amarth
Epica
Wintersun
(unknown of status for all just taking a guess because they're not that well known in America)
that's all I think of

FurinKazanNZ said:
Alestorm... Pirate Metal all the way
ok you guys instantly gone up on my awesome list
Bwahahaha! and likewise you thought nobody knew of yours.

Well, now you know, you're not alone...

[sub]I have to say, I was typing in a creepy accent, it made sense in my head.[/sub]

Odradek

Sep 20, 2010
The band I was going to suggest is a surf-punk band... surf music following the definition someone in the 60's would recognize. For good or for ill... But they are my fave and I believe strongly in their motto: Holy Crap, It's the Hydes! Holy crap indeed. Especially live.

http://www.myspace.com/thehydesband

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Powerglove. One of my favorite video game bands.

Tetris
Mario
Metal Kombat for the Mortal Man
So Sexy Robotnik
Edit: Here's one of the Pokemon theme with Tony Kakko from Sonata Arctica.

KuwaSanjuro

Dec 22, 2010
There an old band from the 60's and being 18 I obviously would never get a chance to see them but 13th Floor Elevators. Great band.

Sakurazaki1023

Feb 15, 2010
The only bands I can think of off the top of my head that are obscure enough to count would be..

Innerpartysystem

Flesh Field

Neuroticfish

Neuroticfish may be more well known in Europe, but in the US these are all unknowns.

Hazard12

Jun 17, 2010
I find questions like this hard to answer. I always feel paranoid that what feels obscure to me is actually widely known and I'm going to get scoffed at (SCOFFED of all things!) by the cooler kids.

But enough about old school-trauma, I'd say God is an Astronaut are not exactly widely known, and I bloody love them. They're a post-rock outfit and construct some excellent songs. And they're excellent live.

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
I don't know so many people that are on post-rock genre, so Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky and Mogwai.
Also, here is the rest of my list:

Underoath, The Birthday Massacre, Qntal, In Extremo, In Fear and Faith, Dido, Anberlin and A Perfect Circle.

EDIT: Here are some more:

Here Comes the Kraken (the best band of Mexico, and one of my favorite Deathcore bands).
As Tall as Lions (they have just recently split up)
Attack Attack!
Chris Daughtry
Dog Fashion Disco
Enigma
PAIN
Samael
Sonata Arctica

Cekil1

Aug 22, 2008
Abandoned Pools and Sunday's Best. A year or two ago one of my co-workers turned me on to Sigur-Ros and a year or so before that I discovered Sulek. I'd highly recommend them all to any music lover.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Well theres this one band I've heard of they're pretty obsure. In fact they started a looooong time ago back in the 50s or 60s (I can't remember which). Anyway, I don't know many people who've heard of them. I like some of their songs and I figured I might as well share them with you guys. Finding any of their albums might be hard though, just to give you a heads up. I think their name was the Beatles. I can't be sure...

OT: Well I'd have to say that my favorite obsure artist (because he isn't really a band) would be Ray Koefoed. I really like most of his music, he creates some really interesting songs. He also makes some good videos as well.

<youtube=RAMcuwhzn2k>