Your favourite race in a video game?

Xixikal

Apr 6, 2011
What is your favourite race/species in a video game?
Imagined (e.g. Elves/Aliens) or real (i.e. humans).

I'll begin with the Qunari from Dragon Age, they're just so... frighteningly logical.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
For the moment, I'd have to go with Argonians. I don't usually like "Lizard-man" type races, but for some reason I make an exception for them. I like the bizarre lore behind them (they have some kind of symbiotic relationship with sentient trees that worship the god of chaos... ?), and I also like their clan-type culture and strange ways of speaking.

Other than that, I might go with Dwarves if I can choose only the ones from Dwarf Fortress. They are "strange creatures who balance out at 'happy' because on one hand their wife was eaten by elephants and on the other they just ate in a REALLY NICE dining room.".

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
I'm going with the Turians from Mass Effect. They're an entire race of badasses. But none of them can top Garrus:

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
I will say it til my face turns blue. Quarians are the best. But in all actuality, I'll side with ANYTHING from Mass Effect.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Hmm... aside from humans?
I really like Ronso from Final Fantasy X and Drell from Mass Effect universe.

Maleval

Feb 2, 2011
Not really a specific race, but just any Proud Warrior Race Guys [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ProudWarriorRaceGuy?from=Main.ProudWarriorRaceGuys] race. They are badass by definition.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Protoss from Starcraft. In any of the novels or any of the games, they are beautifully written and have a keen mind and amazing abilities and race.

If I could be any alien race I'd be protoss as well.

Hylke Langhout

Mar 2, 2011
I really like Rainbow Road /Troll

Seriously though, I would say the Orcs from Warcraft. If you read "Rise of the Horde", you find that they have a very interesting history and mythology behind them that makes them much more than human-hating barbarians that the games sort of make them out to be.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
Erm, hmm...probably the Argonians from the Elder Scrolls games, or the Manaketes from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. So useful yet so useless at the same time.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Aside from Humans....I got quite a few.

I think I have a preference for Avian Humanoids and Reptilian Humanoids. Not furry territory but more of "Holy shit that looks awesome".

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
I know you all have valid opinions of what the best race is, and i truly liked almost all of them.... but:

Oh i'm sorry.... did you forgot about the Allmighty Gorons?

Summing everything up they are travellers, fighters, dancers, happy adventurers, strong and gentle, emotional and honorous creatures.

From the different creative designs to the incredible abilities of the gorons (Rock and roll, and Lava/ fire/ heat Immunity)!

For me Gorons truly are one of the best races in any gaming universe!!!

German Borbon

May 18, 2011
the drell and the turians from mass effect, one is an entire race of badasses and the other the best assassins in the galaxy

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
I'm a big fan of the Orcs from the Warcraft universe, and from the Elder Scrolls universe, I'm tired of "evil monster" races in general and prefer all the major races to be sentient and three dimensional.