Your first anime series

Ashenrook

Mar 29, 2011
While I did watch Sailor Moon and Voltron when I was young, it never really registered with me that it was anime. When I attended my high school's anime club, I was introduced to a whole new spectrum of it ? one that wasn't watered down for the general public. It was episode 19 from Neon Genesis Evangelion, the one with Unit-01 going berserk. From that point on, I was hooked.

Well...until recently when I found myself going "Meh... I remember when [Anime A] was [Anime B] a couple years ago" so often.

04whim

Apr 16, 2009
E-Z said:
There was another anime on after it but I can't remember what it was called. I just remember it had a little pet that could turn into a huge space ship =/
Tenchi Muyo. The space ship rabbit was Ryo Ohki.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWDy8DKkY2U

Dragonball Z, Gundam Wing, Tenchi Muyo. They're the ones I remember from when I was little... watching Tenchi Muyo before I was in double figures may explain why I'm so corrupt :D

ScumbagEddie

Mar 29, 2011
Voltron : Defender of the Universe. I started watching that when i was about 4 (1987). I remember thinking that Voltron always won when they formed the Blazing Sword, so why not start with it? Didn't really watch anime much until middle school, when escaflone was on the air. Forgot about it again until I caught the first episode of Cowboy Bebop one night on adult swim in 2004. In my opinion, very few (if any) have been able to top Bebop.

Kiju

Apr 20, 2009
Speed Racer.

Old...old...old anime series. Wouldn't really truly call it Anime, then again.

AlkalineGamer

Jan 6, 2011
Well i suppose that would be Yu-Gi-Oh.

But the first one i watched as Anime would be Hellsing.
Quite a difference between those two eh.

Ken Sapp

Cat Herder
Apr 1, 2010
Kiju said:
Speed Racer.

Old...old...old anime series. Wouldn't really truly call it Anime, then again.
If you want to go that far back then I would have to say Robotech back when it was originally airing in the US.

LoFr3Eq

Oct 15, 2008
First one really was Space Cruiser Yamato. Ages ago, I had it on Tape Cassette.

Then the normal TV stuff, Sailor Moon, Pokemon, DBZ.

I kinda got into real anime last year because my flatmate had a huge collection. The first one I saw was Beck. After a bit of a discussion with another friend, he said that the series Chobits was just for girls. After watching the series and thoroughly enjoying it I concluded that pretty much anyone can like Chobits.

I have since seen classic stuff like Evangelion, Berserk, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood and up to episode 70 of Bleach.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
My first anime was Pokemon, followed by Virus: Virus buster serge, Astro boy and Black Jack. I then didn't watch anime for a long time, until I read the "Death note" manga and through that I watched the anime. I am currently working my way through "FLCL". The only anime I can watch again and again, is "Death note"

albear

May 18, 2009
Dragonball z was the first anime i watched although i didnt watch all of the episodes i caught it when i could and pieced the story together.

first full series from start to finish was Full Metal Alchemist

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
It was of course Pokemon but if we go from when I actually knew what an anime was it was High School of the Dead (if you take out all that I had seen previously)

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Gundam Seed and Naruto....pretty good but not good enough to beat clannad...