Your first console?

Exhuminator

Oct 14, 2013
My first was...

Yes, the Atari 2600.

A few years later I got a SEGA Master System, and never looked back.

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
Well the first console I played on was my mum's old Megadrive which still gives me nostalgia goosebumps to this day. The first console that was mine to any real degree would have been the original Playstation. I still remember only having Rayman, Tekken 2, and Micro Machines for about a year but still playing the absolute hell out of it. I kind of missed out on the whole early Nintendo console generation/ handhelds (I'm only now playing Pokemon Yellow for the first time) and I suspect that is largely the reason why I've stuck with the Playstation as my main source of gaming since then.

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
Sega Master System and I really didn't play it much. The first console I really got into was the Playstation, best console ever! So many amazing games.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
For me, it was the Nintendo 64. I played Wave Race, Donkey Kong 64, Goldeneye: 007, Super Mario 64, Turok 2: Seeds of Evil on it, among others. Those are the games that stand out most in my mind. Ermagahd, so many good times. That thing was an absolute blast.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
That would be the SNES with Super Mario World. Shortly after that, my grandma got us a Sega Genesis. I suppose I have a long history of dodging console wars.

chaser5000

Sep 11, 2012
The first console I played was my older brother's Sega Genesis, a lot of sonic the hedgehog and mortal combat when our mom wasn't looking. Later me and my sister got a N64 to share with Mario 64, Pokemon stadium, and lego racers. The first console I got that was mine was PS2, I remember opening that Christmas morning with a copy of Kingdom Hearts and playing that all day.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
First console I played on was my parent's Coleco Vision:

The first console I actually bought myself was a PSone.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
SNES. The first game I put in was Super Mario Land (the best Mario game IMO). I then went through a period of not really using consoles and skipped the entire next generation and then got the Gamecube when it came out. Then I got a 360 at launch and a couple years later, a PS3. I'll have a PS4 by Christmas.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I remember my dad buying a PS1 for him, and I remember him hooking it up as I sat there with Mom in anticipation and fascination. It came with a demo disc, this demo disc:
[http://s422.photobucket.com/user/decceko/media/demo_int_demo_v3c_fr.jpg.html]
The first game I tried out was Crash Bandicoot (which we later bought, although I was fond of Tekken 2 but my parents were strongly on the ESRB's side) Crash was my first real game. And soon, Dad didn't really play much anymore, I became the owner. Although he would step in when I couldn't beat a level. But eventually he totally lost interest.

I suppose that's why my allegiance to Sony is so strong. Although I'm not getting a PS4 for multiple reasons, I still hope they do well. I guess it's like rooting for a sports team now.

Product Placement

Jul 16, 2009
My first console was the good old NES. I didn't get another console until I jumped straight to PS2 but the intermediate time was covered with PC gaming.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
My first console was a Megadrive! My first game with it was Sonic the Hedgehog 2, but my cousin gave me all of his games later so I later got every Sonic game that was on the Megadrive along with other games like Mortal Kombat.(Technically Genesis since I live in the US)
My first handheld was a Sega Game Gear and I personally liked the thing. I never grew up with Nintendo, except for when I finally got a Gameboy Color and only had Pokemon to play so that's all the nostalgia I have for Nintendo. Yep, just Pokemon.

After that I later got a Sega Dreamcast and loved it to death. When Sega dropped out of the console market I had switched to the PS1 and had been playing it until I got my first GameCube in 2004 for about $35.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008

Still have it. Last console I owned was the Xbox 360 (or 3DS if you count handhelds). They might be my last ever too. I've kept all of the consoles I enjoyed and I now have so many games left to play it will take me the rest of my life.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008

This badass right here ^
Got it with Sonic 1, got a few more games for it before this thing came out:

Which is why Xbox Live never fully impressed me, sure this was more expensive at the time of $12 bucks a month but you got full games to play. Yes on the Genesis you had the ability to download games, and it was awesome, rental services be damned. It's also a curse because I sold 3 games that I wish I didn't and I had to reacquire them later in life, but it did introduce me to games like Phantasy Star IV and Pulseman (Jap only release made by the same doods who did Pokemon)

Still have the Genesis, the game, the controller etc and they all work perfectly and required no fixing of any kind. Hell yes.

Why am I so excited over this thing still? Nostalgia, blast processing? No, it's because it's outlived 11 360's and this thing back in the day was almost never off, it was freaking used like crazy, and back when I couldn't even keep 360's working more than a day sometimes (11 total if you're wondering).

I was lucky to have friends with SNES's around so we could share the fun of the different games that were on different consoles. Because yes guys SNES had awesome games but so did the Genesis and Turbo Graphix/PC Engine, don't limit your views on names or brands, try other crap! ...I'm gonna go and put this Monster away because I think I had 1 sip too many.

Shadow flame master

Jul 1, 2011
Hard to say, I remember playing on the PS One and the SNES when I was younger. The first console that I was invested in, however, was the Game Cube.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
While I'm from the Gameboy and SNES era but technically those concole belong to my brother. The first console I've own however was the Gameboy Color (heh I remember trying to convince my parent that if I cna buy one and saving up for it). Also I suppose the first non portable console I owned was the Wii since I split the cost with my bro with the Gamecube (yes I was a Nintendo fanboy back then).

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008
I vaguely remember having a hacked Sega Megadrive that used to be sold back where I lived as a kid. The good news is that it was pre-loaded with a bunch of Nintendo games (Mario, Duck Hunt, that cowboy shooting game...) You could also buy weird yellow square-shaped cartridges with a lot of other games - I remember playing Contra on one of those for example. I do not know whether it was able to play actual Genesis cartridges as well, I've never tried one. The bad news was that if you played for more than an hour or so in one sitting, the adapter would fry.

My first actual console was a Playstation.

Nosirrah

Apr 16, 2013
My first was a game boy colour, with pokemon crystal.
Although if we only count home systems the ps2, with dynasty warriors 5.
fun fact. I bought my X360 because dynasty warriors 6 wasn't coming out for ps2.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
The first console I actually played was Commodore 64.

However the first console I had that got me into gaming was this beautiful little grey box.
So many great memories with that system. My original died a few years ago so I had to replace it. It's a strange thing when your first console that you've had since you were a kid dies. It's almost like losing an old friend.

I remember when the original Star Fox came out and it just completely blew my mind. It looks like a mess of polygons nowadays, but back then it was the most amazing thing I had ever seen. I literally had my jaw hanging open throughout the entire first stage. That was probably the most wonderment I had ever felt playing a video game. I was probably about 7 years old at the time

I really miss that feeling of sitting down and playing something and then when you're finished you just think to yourself "that was something special". The last time I felt that was after I beat Mass Effect for the first time.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
My first console was a SNES. First game was either Mario Paint or Super Mario Bros., not sure which.