Your first game..

dogbert730

Sep 10, 2008
Descent for PC. I loved that game. For NES it was Contra. up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,B,A,START.

Dodgerdiver

Sep 10, 2008
Sonic the hedgehog in all his megadrive glory of course! Grandpa and the quest for the holy vest was a close second on Atari ST.

bride_of_lister

Dec 12, 2007
First console game was Banjo Kazooie, me and my Dad did some Father-Daughter bonding and managed to play over 100 hours of it over one holidays.

Actual first game... probably something freeware on an early 90's Mac. Most likely Babysmash! A cute game where there was no point but every time you pressed the keys there'd be a noise and a new b+w textured shape would appear on the screen. Yeah, they got me young.

exoneuk

May 1, 2008
Pssst! on the Spectrum. I loved it, mainly because it didn't take very long to load (unlike some bloody Speccy games) and it's very one of a kind. What other developer has made a game about helping a flower grow by spraying bugs?

Jingle_Bombs

Sep 10, 2008
I think mine was 'Harrier Attack' for an old Amstrad. Played it on a joystick with about as much moanouverability as a car park bollard.

KierzoSBC

Sep 4, 2008
The first ever game i played was Pong on some random games console my cousin had.

The first game i ever owned was centipede on the Atari 2600.

The first game i ever played religiously was Double Dragon on the Spectrum Zx.

Uncompetative

Jul 2, 2008

From the ASCII only Super Star Trek. This image was taken from the title screen, the in-game graphics were worse.

+K+

Oh no! It's a Klingon battlecruiser, quick, raise shields!

Who needs CryEngine 2...

thomas_callahan

Sep 11, 2008
Almost positive it was Montezuma's Revenge on the apple //e. Something on the //e anyway. I think that makes me officially old.

KierzoSBC

Sep 4, 2008
thomas_callahan post=9.70970.718403 said:
Almost positive it was Montezuma's Revenge on the apple //e. Something on the //e anyway. I think that makes me officially old.
Yep. ;)

Heroic One

Aug 29, 2007
Duck Hunt / Super Mario Bros and some weird driving game that I can't remember were the first games I've played.