Your first game..

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
Welcome, to Imperium Galatica.
Yes I later found out it didn't get the best ratings, yes the live action cutsences were cheesy, and the combat at times overly simplistic and mercilessly hard at the same time. But it was my first.

I mean, I've yet to play another game that let's you walk around your own ship and made it feel like -you- really were the captain. And yes, I know there are some games that have it, but none have done it as well as I think IMpG did.

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
Ahh the memories..... 10 years ago the gods of gaming delivered unto me.... The First Spyro game, Crash Bandicoot 2 and a PS1.....

And you know what?

I STILL HAVE THEM!!

Jul 23, 2008
I can remember playing pong when i was really young. That was the first game i played. first game i owned would either have been donkey kong on a tape loading doodad, or sonic the hedgehog built into a sega master system 2.

N-Sef

Jun 21, 2008
I don't remember if it was either Donkey Kong on the Game and Watch or the original black and white Prince of Persia. Still, they had a profound influence on me.

poleboy

May 19, 2008
A NES game, probably. I think it was Super Mario Bros. I also had a C64 that I remember playing Barbarian II on, but I don't know if that was before or after the NES.

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
Age of Empires even though I called the priests womamoos and the axemen chang-changs(after their unit sounds) until I was 7

Cyclomega

Jul 28, 2008
I know it was an Atari 2600 game, but I can't remember if the first one was Pitfall II, Kangaroo, Pole Position or Galaxian...

KSarty

Aug 5, 2008
Super Mario Bros. for NES. I started playing that and Top Gun on my cousin's NES back in '91, then I got my own NES with Mario 3 in '92.

waffletaco

Sep 5, 2008
Wow.. I can't remember! I remember playing chip's challange, spear of destiny, wolfenstein, Doom rebel assault. I think those are the earliest ones I've played.

gr33ny76

Jun 25, 2008
Horace goes skiing on the ZX Spectrum

10 print "paul is well skills"
20 goto 10

Cyclomega

Jul 28, 2008
Claw... the platform game with a pirate cat ?

I always wanted that game, but could never find it in any stores :/

Crystine

Sep 7, 2008
EmperorDude post=9.70970.709491 said:
Spyro the Dragon for the PS1. I was seven at the time.
That makes me feel old.
Mine was DuckHunt. Then I moved onto Pong, then Super Mario Bros and then the Genesis came out and we'd rent the system and games for it and then the Playstation 1 came out and that's when I was hooked. =}

I rented the games like Spyro, Twisted Metal, Gran Turismo, and Need for Speed also... I once played Pocahontas (lol) on PS1 or was it Genesis..? My memory sucks.

Cyclomega

Jul 28, 2008
Crystine> Did you play Twisted Metal 2 ? So far I think it was the best one on the PS1.

David Allen

Sep 3, 2008
Mine was Tetris for Game Boy, back in '91. Followed by Super Mario Bros. for NES. To my mind, still two of the best games ever made.