Your first game..

Cyclomega

Jul 28, 2008
Why yes I can, in 1998 my ex was playing GASP!! on her N64 it I don't mix up dates, and my sister played Donkey Kong Country on my SNES, and Aladdin and Tweety and Sylvester on my Genesis.

Gorrock

Sep 7, 2008
Super Mario Bros. 3 for the NES. I played a few before, like Ice Climbers, Pop Eye and whatnot, but SMB. 3 was my first REAL game.

thedoombreeder

Sep 8, 2008
Gorrock post=9.70970.711660 said:
Super Mario Bros. 3 for the NES. I played a few before, like Ice Climbers, Pop Eye and whatnot, but SMB. 3 was my first REAL game.

I played Super Mario Brothers 3 until my thumbs had blisters too. LOLZ

nikomas1

Jul 3, 2008
From what i can remember.... one of the first was Rollcage for the PS1 althou you i played some others on the old 98. damn i was to young to remember clearly.

i played for as long i can remember lol

Crunchy English

Victim of a Savage Neck-bearding
Aug 20, 2008
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was the first game I played,
But the first game I completely finished was Sonic Spinball,
I was 5 and it's still my crowning achievement

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Anyone heard of Specter? Very old game, 3D first person shoot em up tank game made with strange shapes and you drive over colored squares for power-ups!

I can't find it anywhere :(

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
We had a Spectrum (the +2 model, after Amstrad took over) and dozens of games floating around when I was a kid... so undoubtedly my first game would've been one of those.

The first proper games console I ever got was the Sega Master System, the one with Hang On and Safari Hunt built in. I got it just in time for the release of the original Sonic The Hedgehog.

Incidentally, some time in the mid-to-late 90s, I was working in a charity shop when someone donated five assorted Spectrum machines and over 300 games. Because charity shops can't sell untested electrical equipment, they were destined for the bin until I rescued them. Sad thing is, I haven't a clue where they are now... though I have a suspicion that they got thrown out after I left for university.

khululy

Aug 17, 2008
First game I played was Double dragon or TMNT II for the NES, the first game I bought was Earhtworm Jim 2 for the pc.

Limos

Jun 15, 2008
The combination Super Mario World and Duck hunt game for the NES. I still say it was more fun than half the stuff nowadays.

chumpzilla_69

Jul 19, 2008
Mine was Wacky Races : the game!
this was based on a kids tv show involving ridiculous cartoon cars racing, i always lost because i just held down the accelerator and directional buttons

jarowdowsky

Sep 6, 2008
Digger Dan on the Spectrum was the first game I owned, some time around 1982/83.

God that was an amazing moment, looking at this strange piece of ultra-futuristic technology, opening the cassette case and checking how to load the game... Then that moment after typing LOAD "" - the violent god-like screech sounding like the game was being shoved into the innards of the computer itself.

Then the game itself - an absolutely, overwhelmingly, shite digging-based Chuckie Egg knock off thing... After playing games in the arcades I was so disappointed. However, Horace Goes Skiing was next and after that I'd be playing games at home for the rest of my life.