Your first gaming memory

Regiment

Nov 9, 2009
Toar said:
Gameboy... an era no one shall soon forget...
I had Gold version and I had a slew of Syther eggs. Syther was the only reason I got into pokemon and he has been largly cut from the "list." What ever happened to 150-2 pokemon? Do they even have a number now? What is the point of the card game/video game if you can't "Catch 'em all!"
All the old Pokemon are still around, at the same numbers. They're just spread out over all the games. Excluding the new HG/SS remakes, you can still catch all the Pokemon- you just need seven games and thirteen save files to do it.

Steampunk Viking

Jan 15, 2010
Ahhhh, I remember my first console. It was a SNES and the first game I played on it was Super Mario World. Good time, good times. The second game was F-Zero. I loved that console, I still have it somewhere.

Redingold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 28, 2009
I remember having to find Hedwig in the first Harry Potter game on the PlayStation.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
I keep going on about this Arena Brawler for PSX. I can't remember the name of it, and so far, nobody on The Escapist has been able to answer me. One of the characters was a guy with Buzz Saws for hands and he could set them up as traps.

Had so many fun times with that game.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
A whole load of random supposedly 'educational' games my parents decided were a good idea when I was 5 or 6. First game I can remember the name of though... either Ecco the Dolphin or Chip's challenge. Started playing that again recently, since I found it somewhere on the web for free!

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
mine is wacky castle or summthing, it was where you were bugs bunny and had to collect all the carrots in each room, carefully avoiding all the other characters that were out to hurt bugs

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
my first console was basically a Keyboard that plugged into the TV and used floppy disks... cant remember the damn name!

but the first game i played on it was Robocop. god i loved that game!

mayney93

Aug 3, 2009
banjo kazooie, snes and zelda OoT along with pokemon blue are my first ones i think

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Age of Empires 2 at a friend's house. So much fun.
EDIT: NO! It was Wordshark and Numbershark! XD

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
While we had a Colecovision and Intellivision before, my first memory is playing River Raid on the Atari 800, followed by Donkey Kong, Pac-Man and Galaxian.

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
Adiboo was my very first game back when I was about 4. Damn, I'm only 16 and I'm saying to myself "Ah, the memories" That was then followed closely by Donald Duck Quack Attack for the PC.

Ciran

Feb 7, 2009
Well, my first gaming memory, not sure if it counts though, was watching someone play Oregon Trail on a computer at my summer camp. My first actually playing a game was Sonic 2.

vector13578

Aug 25, 2009
I think it was called "Winter Games" on an old apple II(I remember using the huge 5" floppy disks).

Haliwali

Jan 29, 2008
Playing Wing Commander and Privateer with my Dad. Actually, those are my earliest memories period.

Yea I didn't have much chance at being a normal kid.

Royta

Aug 7, 2009
Jurassic Park 2 on the SNES. Sort of a wannabee Contra game, and pretty darn fun too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cAlx6YgGkE

SuperGordon

Nov 9, 2009
Super Mario Bros, Duck Hunt... They may not be the first, actually, but it's certainly the earliest I can remember.