Your first RPG?

Crono Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
Mother. Flipping. Chrono Trigger. My single favorite RPG, and for that matter, my single favorite game.

Second was Final Fantasy IV. My single second favorite RPG, and for that matter, my single second favorite game.

(Although I probably played Pokemon RBY before those, but who didn't?)

Zenphic

Feb 2, 2009
It must have been Ultima VII. Terrific game, but wicked buggy as the game went on. Some objects (mostly building and environment) in the game would start disappearing and such...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_VII

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
Pokemon Red. Damn that game has such good memories attached to it. I played it way to much.

Nevyrmoore

Aug 13, 2009
First RPG, eh?

Well, that would have to be Final Fantasy VII. Despite having a Commodore 64, an Amiga 1200 and (possibly) a modern PC before I even touched my first console, I had never touched an RPG from any of them. When I finally got a PlayStation, one of the first games I received for it was FFVII, and despite being confused as to where the other FFs were (this being my first introduction to the series), I enjoyed it a lot.

Even if I didn't originally get the hang of how an RPG works.

Martster

Rated EC-10 Condemned
Mar 17, 2010
The first RPG I ever played was Oblivion and after thoroughly enjoying that I started to try older RPGs as well as new ones

My favourite RPG though is a tie between Fallout 3 and Dragon Age Origins

Sinisterair

Oct 15, 2008
Lacsapix said:
Morrowind =D awsome game I still like it
Anyone knows if Elder scrolls V has plans for release?
theyre going to release it but its gunna be most likly announced in fall..........if you wanna keep track go here

Uesp.net its the Elderscrolls wiki

May 22, 2009
Final Fantasy 3 for the ds. I had no clue what the Final Fantasy series was... now I am obsessed with it. IT was also awesome and took me forever to beat because I didn't understand the save system yet and kept dying at bahamut... who was invincable.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Very first RPG I played was...Kingdom Hearts.

It's still my favorite RPG and my 3rd favorite game of all time.

Goddamn it that was so fucking amazing.

Bek359

Feb 23, 2010
Pokemon Silver. Still the best in the series for me, but I'm afraid to play it because my file is showing signs of corruption.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
I want to say Dungeon Siege, as it's the first I personally owned, but it was actually Zelda on a friend's PS1.

XAEnimaX

Feb 26, 2010
Dragon Warrior, one of the first video games I've ever played. I'll never forget how insane that last dungeon was. Ah, that was a true classic.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Dragon Warrior 1 for the NES. I got it FREE from Nintendo Power. :) I played that game to the end, and it was the best! I purchased and played Dragon Warrior games for a long time after that, calling and end to my fanatisism after Dragon Warrior 4, the single greatest NES Dragon Warrior game on the planet.

Adam Kenway

Mar 20, 2010
Ummm....Wasteland for the PC....although I remember playing castle of the winds back then too...hmmm... Final Fantasy 1 on NES maybe.