Your five flaws

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
1. I'm lazy: Meh I could finish this sentence lat
2. I can't save money.
3. I attract women far too easy,
4. I can lie fantastically: I don't lie often, but when I do I feel bad.
5. I'm kinda overweight, not too bad but I don't like it either.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
TizzytheTormentor said:
4. I am not academically minded - I have been told I am intelligent and I know a great deal of knowledge for things I am interested in, I can tell you every single tidbit about the Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls and Fallout series (to name a few) and I have a deep interest in history and mythology...but my years in secondary (high) school were hard because many subjects were tough, stemming from lack of interest (Math was a ***** for me too mate) I did them, but my grade never went above or below a C.
This is kind of true for me. I develop a good understanding of material, but exam technique and I are not on good terms.

So, if we say that's number 1.

2: People having negative opinions of me bothers me extensively

A holdover from my years grappling with clinical depression, although I can outwardly shrug it off with the best of them, hearing for example, X person thinks you're an asshole/are up yourself, etc, it will bother me for the rest of the day.

3: I sometimes respond quite derisively to opinions that come off as stupid, before I have time to really think about my reaction's appropriateness.

This has led to me rankling a lot of people around me in college, including, but not limited to, a hardcore anarchist, and several (primarily meat eating) people who still had the gall to criticize me for hunting, and shooting.

4: I'm quite unfit.

This wouldn't bother me too much, as aside from being fairly skinny, my body isn't that bad, but I want to join the Royal Marines in a few years.

5: My personal views are fairly at odds with most people around me.

This isn't exactly a flaw, but it's quite chafing currently. Personally, I'm quite blase about death, and since deciding to join the Royal Marines, that's only increased, coupled with the fact I hunt, and am pro-choice for abortion and euthanasia. Along with that, I have a far darker sense of humor than anyone around me. I do have tact, but as I see it, that's entirely separate from my sense of humor.

A funny thing is, I'm on the fence about the death penalty, though I can see the practical reasons for it, though I'm comfortable with the idea of having to take a life. Many people around me criticize my acceptance of it, but many of them openly and happily support the death penalty, which I find to be hypocritical, as it's basically saying 'death is okay, as long as I don't have to get my hands dirty'.

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
TizzytheTormentor said:
Heh, well, I have never kept any of mine secret, but since you asked...

1. I am very hard on myself - When given tasks or work, If I get less than standard results at anything, I tend to take it badly, I am getting better, but it was a big problem for a while.

2. I get stressed out - With work involving deadlines or work where what I do is absolutely necessary, I get stressed out easy.

3. I procrastinate...a lot - Seriously, it's one of the reasons I get stressed is because I put off a lot of assignment work! The looming deadline stresses me out, thanks to my laziness -_-

4. I am not academically minded - I have been told I am intelligent and I know a great deal of knowledge for things I am interested in, I can tell you every single tidbit about the Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls and Fallout series (to name a few) and I have a deep interest in history and mythology...but my years in secondary (high) school were hard because many subjects were tough, stemming from lack of interest (Math was a ***** for me too mate) I did them, but my grade never went above or below a C.

5. I am easily distracted - I can barely do assignments without being distracted by literally anything. In fact, I am supposed to be doing an assignment now, but I would much rather be here.

My first 2 are being fixed, but the remaining are probably ones I will have to live with...and I wouldn't have it any other way! Overall, I'm a happy guy.

Also OP, being shy and socially awkward are different, you can talk perfectly fine to your friends and family, but find it hard to talk to people you don't know well. I'd say you are more shy than socially awkward. I find it hard to talk to people I don't know (as do many people)
^ This is pretty much me as well just replace hard on my self with trouble making friends and you'd get my main five faults.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
1) I require sustenance. this is an inherent flaw. if i was perfect my body would be self sufficient.

2) I consume sustenance. this is a psychological flaw. if my will was stronger i wouldn't succumb to the pain of starvation, and i'd allow myself to die.

3) I produce waste. this is an inherent flaw. if i was perfect my body would be self sufficient.

4) I am. this is a psychological flaw. if my will was stronger i wouldn't succumb to the pain of [homelessness], and i'd never subject other humans to my presence.

5) I communicate. this is a psychological flaw. if my will was stronger i wouldn't succumb to temptation, and i'd never subject other humans to my influence.

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
Starik20X6 said:
3. I have 'selective motivation'. By that I mean if I'm not all that interested in a project or task, I won't put much effort into it.
Isn't that normal? I thought that it's hard to get anyone motivated for something that they don't care about.

OT: 1. I'm rail-fucking-thin
2.I'm terrible at social situations.
3. Very little motivation.
4. Tempestuous attitude; can go from sad to happy to angry very quickly.
5. Addicted to sugary foods.

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
TizzytheTormentor said:
Ooh, this as well. I think (well, know) that I'm pretty intelligent, and I've memorised huge amounts of lore for lots of pop culture things (Mass Effect and Comic Books especially). I could read a page of info based on, say, Godzilla and memorise the lore in about 20 minutes. How is it that I can do that, but when it comes to revising I read, read and re-read the revision guide for physics three times through and the knowledge just bounces off?

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Seagoon said:
King of Asgaard said:
Words cannot sum up how much I love that picture. I'm actually supposed to be doing an essay AS WE SPEAK.. :(

xx
I have my mock exams starting on Tuesday, and I haven't touched a thing yet, so it applies doubly to me.

RedLister

Jun 14, 2011
1. My memory is terrible - Yes i know what you are thinking, its nothing. But have you ever randomly and suddenly forgot the name of your best friend and it took you 10minites to remember?

2. I find it easier to be feared then loved - I do way too much exercise with the primary reason to look scary so people back off and leave me alone. But deep down im just a cuddly soppy lump which a few people in my life have had the fortune of seeing.

3. I am a very slow learner - Trying to learn HTML as well as some very basic game creating stuff but it has been three months and feels like i haven't learned anything and keep hitting brick walls. Its getting quite frustrating. Flaw 1 also helps dictate this flaw.

4. Paranoia - If there is something to be paranoid about i can be paranoid about it! At the moment an old flame is pretty much ruling my life (*cough* looking after me) She is just helping me with my learning problems with flaw 3 since she is very knowledgeable of HTML and basic game development She is also there to slap me upside the head when im being paranoid over the silliest of things which is quite often and my head hurts.

5. Distracted too bloody easily - Yep like a lot of you i keep drifting off to other things when i should be working. At the moment i should be working on my HTML code but im too busy typing my flaws here instead of working.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I'm unmotivated- Even when I know things are important, I just don't feel very driven to do them. I would say lazy, but I do mean to do things, it's not that I don't care. I'm a massive underachiever- I tend to come across as intelligent (and I was pretty much top of the class in everything except PE when I was younger), but I am an exceptionally average student.

I have no self-esteem- I put this down to being the youngest of three boys, I got picked on a lot (I wouldn't say bullied, but I did get treated like and incapable moron for most of my childhood). I guess I just feel like I suck a bit compared to normal people. Everything I do always turns out wrong, and it is always my fault.

I put myself into a weird catch-22, I kinda think there's something wrong with my head, but the other part of me thinks I'm being a melodramatic douchebag because I don't have to confidence to believe there's something wrong with me rather than that I just suck (and yes, I think writing this is being silly).

Insecure- I'm a teenager, so of course I am, but this kinda comes from being picked on again. I was a bit overweight (not even fat, just a bit podgy really, like kids tend to be) and so I got called fat a lot. Even though I'm in great shape now (I have a 28 inch waist, I'm apparently 'skinny' according to my flatmates(, I still feel like I could stand to lose weight.

My social skills are terrible- Although improving since being at university. I'm just awful at making conversation, even with close friends sometimes. I get by just interjecting with the odd joke or adding to conversations, but the ability to hold a one-on-one conversation eludes me.

I am a bit of a hipster- I'm not a full blown hipster, but I have hipster tendencies. I like things that are different, sometimes purely for the sake of their uniqueness. I own a lot of odd hats, I have this old corduroy jacket that I bought in Camden market that I love, when it comes to music I find myself saying 'I much prefer the early stuff' or 'you probably haven't heard of them' a lot (I try to avoid it though). I just get a kick out of not doing what everyone else is doing, I can't deny that.

Hey look, I'm practically the same as most Escapists. There's a surprise.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Let see-

1. I'm not talkative/ too quiet. Don't know why but I tend to be quiet or not very talkative especially at work. I mean when the store is quiet, my co workers chat while I stay focus at my job which at that point is to keep the place neat and tidy. It's pretty much to the point as if I'm invisible.

2. I'm anti social. I often choose or pick over something else over a social event. I guess I'm just awkward at social gathering. Granted if I don't want to be there then I don't go but I do feel bad over the stuff that I wouldn't mind going.

3. I'm not healthy. While I am not over weight but I know I am not in good health compared to my younger self in High school (P.E). I rather be playing my games or indoor than to go out and exercise.

4. I'm untidy. Granted I am not a pig but I don#t exactly tidy up myself especially in my room. Granted I do tidy abit but it's tidy in my view.

5. I'm impatience. This apply only to online stuff only as I am patience in real life. I'm too quick to hit refresh or close the page if it doesn't load up fast.

Seagoon

Feb 14, 2010
TheRightToArmBears said:
I am a bit of a hipster- I'm not a full blown hipster, but I have hipster tendencies. I like things that are different, sometimes purely for the sake of their uniqueness. I own a lot of odd hats, I have this old corduroy jacket that I bought in Camden market that I love, when it comes to music I find myself saying 'I much prefer the early stuff' or 'you probably haven't heard of them' a lot (I try to avoid it though). I just get a kick out of not doing what everyone else is doing, I can't deny that.
I'd like to think that what you just described doesn't really make you a hipster. Hipsters are people who try too hard to be unique and pretentious so that people will like them, whilst people like you (and I) just don't like jumping on the cultural bandwagon and are unafraid to not follow to social norm! :) xx

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
1. Shy
2. Unable to focus on goals and put the work in
3. Too passive
4. Lazy
5. Arrogant

Xarathox

Feb 12, 2013
Seagoon said:
Xarathox said:
Yeah, It's a thing. Your school probably should have picked up on that and given you extra support. :(
Keep in mind, this was back in 1998 and the school I attended had approximately 300 students, in a small town in the back end of nowhere. And since I just yesterday found out that my problem was actually a thing, it's a pretty safe bet no one knew of it either back then. They probably still don't.

The odd thing is, I could/can dance circles around my peers in other areas of academia with relative ease. But math... you might as well challenge me with turning lead into gold, because I could come up with an answer to that before I could solve an equation.

Edit: At some point I'll post my flaws, I'm just procrastinating (haha, like most of you).

The

Jan 24, 2012
1) I have poor communication skills.

2) I am bad with time management.

3) Everything I say comes off as an assholish remark, is inaudible (no one can hear my screaming, that's how bad it is), or is a joke (either genuinely funny or sarcastic)

4) I spend too much time isolated from others.

5) My first impulse is to back away from opportunities out of fear.

Jape Corbel

Jan 2, 2010
All right.

1. I'm insecure.
About my looks and about my character. I often get this notion that I should try to be somebody else.

2. I'm socially awkward.
Pretty straightforward here. I don't like crowds, parties and such. I did however take quite a liking to my current class at school.

3. I'm lazy.
And I procrastinate a lot. But I'm working on it.

4. I have a bad memory.
I forgot why.

5. I'm not the healthiest person in the world
Not fat, skinny in fact and while I don't usually eat at McDonalds and such (As a matter of fact I haven't been to McDonald in months and before that years) I have awful eating habits: lots of coke, tea with loads of sugar, grilled cheese, etc. Apart from that I'm also very weak.

Also for all the procrastinators like have a look at this website https://habitrpg.com/ I'm still testing it but I have to admit it's kind of helpful.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Okay let's see here:

1)I tend to have bad time management skills

2)I'm not exactly a go getter due to loss of self esteem over the past 2-3 years of no luck landing a job.

3)I tend to forget semi important things from time to time like where I last put my phone/keys etc.

4)I am slightly socially awkward in rather large crowds.

5) I'm not really healthy and procrastinate using the treadmill from time to time.

A Satanic Panda

Nov 5, 2009
1. I'm not very good at having fun: Whenever I'm out with friends, I always rely on them to have something to do. The best I can do is find a place to eat and talk. By myself, I find I'll spend more time staring at a wall or desktop then doing whatever I decided to do.

2. I hate not being good at having fun: I can get very jealous/annoyed at other people enjoying themselves right in front of me but excluding me from it. I can get pretty defensive/aggravated around couples (mainly my close friend.)

3. I can't lie to myself: I don't know if this a gift or curse. Knowledge is power, If I had to chose one over the other, I'd rather see things the way they are, no matter how bleak or hopeless it my be. But sometimes I wish I had ignorance to fall back on. But someone told me that it gave me honesty where it counts, I hold that comment close to me.

[sup]96[/sup]/[sub]24[/sub]. I can't count to potato.