your hipster thing

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Zombie_Fish said:
I play bass. I'm too indie for six strings.
Bah. Two-string fretless is the way to go.

...Or it was, until Mark Sandman did it, sold a couple of records, and made it too mainstream for me.

But seriously, I listen to a lot of independent (as opposed to "indie") music, and I'm apparently an "elitist" because I don't like the things other people like, though I rarely lord it over people (even if I am completely and utterly superior).

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
Zombie_Fish said:
I play bass. I'm too indie for six strings.
Bah. Two-string fretless is the way to go.

...Or it was, until Mark Sandman did it, sold a couple of records, and made it too mainstream for me.
This is why you should go for the three-string approach with bass. How many bassists are there that play three strings?

And that is definitely why I only have three strings. It's not like my bottom string broke and I can't be bothered to buy a new one or something.

Ensiferum

Apr 24, 2010
I own a shirt with this on it.

http://www.tshirtbordello.com/images/zombie-eat-flesh-lg2-g.gif

After realizing how hipster it is, I had a hard time suppressing the urge to set myself on fire. But hey, it's a GREAT shirt.

BarbaricGoose

May 25, 2010
I don't make fun of Call of Duty all the time.

That seems to be the cool thing to do right now, so I guess that's my hipster thing.

TK421

Apr 16, 2009
knight of some random number said:
Also if this counts as being hipster? I am proud of the fact that I don't have a Facebook account and I will never make one.
Me too. I detest Facebook with a passion. But to your first comment about Elder Scrolls I must say: 0_0

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
hmmmm

I like t-shirts...and converse snakers..(though I dont know if thats hipster style)..but my point is you wont see me in a dress/skirt/those stupid high waists shorts the seem to be in(ok I have a few pairs but I cover it up) OR (god forbod) those horrible "mai-dresses" *shudder*

and sneakers..even if its hot (hey they were expensive so Im getting all the wear out of them I can!)

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
I'm the gaming hipster amongst my friends, as I'm the one who likes to pick up the cheap indie titles on steam, then gush to my friends about how they HAVE to play this game.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
according to swome I am a hipster.
DAAAMN!
but even though I look like a hipster I am not an asshole.

Black Arrow Officer

Jun 20, 2011
Enjoying video game soundtracks more than any other music type. Obscure bands piss me off, a lot of modern music just isn't right for me and I have a strange aversion to old but popular bands. I still wear my The Smiths t-shirt because a lot of people I pass on the street tell me it's a great shirt.

Switchblade 327

Nov 25, 2011
henritje said:
being one of the few people that plays both FPS,s and visual novels
My brother!

<3

And here I thought I was odd for having Bad Company 2, Call of Duty 4, and Left 4 Dead icons on my desktop right next to Tsukihime, Fate/hollow Ataraxia, and Clannad :p

Mirror Cage

Dec 6, 2010
I only dip into hipsterism in videogames. I always gravitate towards the least used weapon or class. I guess I get the vision of myself as That One Guy who can defeat anyone strapped to the gills with the latest and greatest thing with that one gun that everyone says is useless. Like I'm going to find some hidden use that the last 3 million players didn't.
Or maybe I just want to turn heads. I dunno.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Black Arrow Officer said:
Enjoying video game soundtracks more than any other music type. Obscure bands piss me off, a lot of modern music just isn't right for me and I have a strange aversion to old but popular bands. I still wear my The Smiths t-shirt because a lot of people I pass on the street tell me it's a great shirt.
I know what you mean, I also have this "meh" attitude to older popular bands (except for queen, queen are AWSOME..and even then I prefer their less known stuff..like the theme for flash gordorn!)

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
I own some fingerless gloves my friend knitted for me, wear Converse shoes, and use a messenger bag. Seems fairly hipster. In terms of video games, Team ICO are my idols. Relatively hipster too, maybe.

CJMacM

Mar 21, 2010
I always use really lame slang like "sup dawgs" or "homeslice."

It used to be as a joke but now I do it without thinking about it.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
My hipster thing is rap, i can't listen to any of the shit that is only about weed drugs sex and shooting up your enemy gangs. People like Eminem and Hopsin are all i can listen to.