Your honest opinion on Modern Warfare 2.

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Hexenwolf said:
Greyfox105 said:
The Multiplayer is where the real meat is though, there's so much more customization possible than the first Modern Warefare, and there isn't one clear best gun.
Hi my name is SCAR-H pleased to meet you!

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
I don't care for it. I'm not a great fan of FPSes in general, but a friend convinced me to play Modern Warfare and, while I didn't love it, I thought it was ok, so I gave Modern Warfare 2 a try, and I find it bland. I attribute most of that to my general apathy towards FPS games though. Ah well.

Rararaz

Feb 20, 2010
It isn't a bad game by anymeans but there are aspects that lack such as the SP.

Multiplayer makes me long for Timesplitters...

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
Laffman said:
First off if someone has created a topic like this I apologise.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ha.. ha .. ha.

Oh god, thank you for that.

Anyway, I like it, but only because it gives you a title for mastering a weapon online and my obsessive nature demands I master any weapon I use so I have a bunch of cool gold titles.

Del-Toro

Aug 6, 2008
I played and enjoyed the campaign. Then never picked it up again. It's not as if I'm the one who paid for it, I don't feel bad for this.

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
Overrated game with an obsesion with realism. Thing is, short health bars and 3 shot kill weapons make the game an invitation for campers and snipers to show up more in this game than anyother, and you cannot remake the fear of modern combat with a game because there is no real consequence for getting killed. Another reason that I despise MW2 and Halo 3 and a few other games is that they create a lack-luster single player experiance and get away with it because they have a "Great" multiplayer.

sivlin

Feb 8, 2010
I really don't understand the negative feedback I'm reading. First off, you obviously don't buy Modern Warfare for the story, the multiplayer is where it's at, although the story really wasn't bad. The multi-player is everything you could want from modern warfare and probably one of the best multi-players since counter-strike 1.5. The only problems with the game is that they don't allow dedicated servers and that they put the grenade launcher in the game.

Brain_Cleanser

Dec 18, 2009
The plot's insane and I could write somthing twice as good with thrice as many explosions if I was high and being hung upside down from a moving jet plane, but it's fun.
Spec Ops is probably more fun with a second player.
And multiplayer is fun for me because I can see the humor in being shot from all 8 compass directions at the same time.

Ultimately though, it comes down to "any game that lets me soak up all the bullets from a harrier with a riot shield is OK by me"

Linkassassin360

Dec 28, 2009
It was fun as hell when it first came out... but then people started gliching. Then they patched the game so much they broke it. And people STILL GLICH! Thats multiplayer. Single player is still fun so I'd go with atleast a rent

Zaksav91

Oct 16, 2009
Story was all over the place and really didn't grab me like the first one did. (maybe the exception being "no russian") It was still action packed fun though.

Multiplayer, meh it's alright but it got boring after awhile.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
A decent FPS with a fairly good online multiplayer component. Even if the Model 1887 shotguns are ridiculously overpowered

Alphavillain

Jan 19, 2008
I thought it was pretty average, but then I bought it, and that's all any publisher (no, not just Activision) want you to do. Most people get swept up in the hype for games, and I'm certainly one of those people: when you sober up and realise the game isn't all that great, well, it's a bit late to slag the game too much.

Generator

May 8, 2009
Never played the single-player. The multiplayer is pretty fun, though, although it's incredibly unbalanced: my friend who owns the game is at such a higher level than the rest of us who play with him, we stand no chance at beating him. Still, it's pretty fun.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
My honest opinion is that it was created by the Jovians in effort to enslave mankind, using subliminal messages actually inscribed on the bullets.

(That's a whole lot more interesting than "don't really care", right?)

PrimoThePro

Jun 23, 2009
i enjoy it. however, some gripes i have are all of the whiny bastards online. (uuugh he killed me with an AK47! what a n00000b.) so ive taken a break.

sabercrusader

Jul 18, 2009
Warped_Ghost said:
ehh its fun at first but I couldn't enjoy the multiplayer.
The multiplayer spawning was horrible and I felt constantly angry at the game.
This is the only game I have sold because it made me angry, games should be fun not prompting me to be pissed off.
The single player was better if you just ignored the story, that shouldn't have to be said about any game.
what this guy said except i liked singleplayer but after you beat it on veteran it isint fun anymore and spec-ops is only good with a firend and all my friends only wanted to play multiplayer so i ended up selling it.