Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
imnotparanoid said:
canadamus_prime said:
imnotparanoid said:
Dragon age orogins, its so bloody hard!
Are you playing on console or PC?
In any case, a tactic I found that usually works, if you know you'll be approaching a large group of enemies, halt your party at the maximum edge of the range of your longest ranged weapon. Then get out said ranged weapon and go and pick out any random enemy out of the big group and shoot 'em. That single enemy and maybe one other should then run over to you where you and your party can easily take them out. Rinse and repeat until the large group of enemies is a more manageable size. ...or nonexistent.
Im on the 360, its not so much its hard anymore ( I went to casual) But when I was finding it tricky it really put me off, also its long as hell!
Well I played it on the PC, but I know what you mean. On my initial playthrough I found it mind knumbingly frustrating to the point where I took a break from it for several months. I never did complete that initial playthrough, when I did eventually go back again I started fresh with a new character. I also bumped the difficulty down to Easy.
I'm playing it again now to try and get the last two endings and a few other things, and I've put the difficulty back up to Normal.
Seriously though, try luring enemies into ambushes. It works esp. for thinning enemy numbers.
Of course, at the same time watch out for enemy ambushes.

culade

Quiet Knoll
Dec 17, 2007
Oh wow, off the top of my head, umm...

GTA4
Folklore
Alan Wake
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Dead Space
Painkiller
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!
Demons' Souls
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Halo: ODST
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
White Knight Chronicles (been working on it a bit)
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
Viva Pinata
Overlord
Burnout Paradise
Amnesia: Dark Descent
Army of Two
Dark Sector
Dragon Quest VIII
Fallout 3 (just have a few missions in Broken Steel left)
Vanquish

.. i do finish games, really i have

Omega Pirate

Sep 20, 2010
StBishop said:
Arkham Asylum.

I've been meaning to finish it for ages, but I feel like I'm missing out if I don't fins all of the Riddlers things.

I am concerned that I'll reach a point in the story where I can't go back for the things I've missed. It'd be good if you were able to go through all of Arkham once you have completed it.

Can you?
You can actually, its one of the points of the game that I love. You can't miss any of the Riddler stuff because you can go back for it later.

OT: Well Fallout 3 used to be that game for me, but I recently finished it after a 6 month break. I have too many other games like this to count, but the ones Iv been thinking of recently are Eternal Sonata and Folklore. I just can't take the grinding as well as I used to, which you need to do to get anywhere in Eternal Sonata. Folklore I just kinda stopped playing and didn't pick it up again.

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
Undead Nightmare for RDR and Far Cry 2.

I love me some zombies, but Undead Nightmare is just so repetitive and boring for me.

I love Far Cry 2, but the game bugged out and I had to start a new save, but effort of buying all my stuff again and doing all that driving. I hate repeating things in games.

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
Most games. Specifically, Halo:Reach. I spent good money on it, but it's probably the only game that I couldn't be bothered to finish. To difficult, and too stupid.

jacobythehedgehog

Jun 15, 2011
I have lots of games like that, for me Elder Scrolls and Final Fantasy are the games I plug my hours into. I finished Final Fantasy XIII 3 days after I got it lol :p. Normally when I get a new game I finish it. Except if it sucks.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Mass Effect 2. It's a great game, and I really liked it, but for some reason I just haven't been in the mood to play it for months.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
Every game is that game for me. Maybe I get bored too easily. Currently in progress:
inFamous 2
GTA IV
Crysis
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
Brutal Legend
Painkiller

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Borderlands. For some reason, despite it being fairly good, other games just take priority. Yesterday, I was looking at my games shelf, wondering what to play, and went for Star Trek: Legacy over Borderlands. Madness, but Legacy is better than you think.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
Oh, a lot. I play too much BlazBlue online instead of actually finishing anything else. I still need to 100% BlazBlue's story too.

Oblivion is just sitting there. I played it for a while and loved it, but eventually I started playing other games. Plus I figure Oblivion isn't totally my thing in terms of RPGs. (Persona 4 is taking over my life)

Pokemon White. I also played it for a while and I still love it. 6th Gym Leader and Battle Subway Double Line under my belt. It's just that Persona 4 is taking over my life.

Prince of Persia 08 is sitting a couple hours from the ending. I need to get on that.

Final Fantasy 12. I really like it for the battle system. The story is kinda meh and I don't like Vaan's character design, but I'll let those slide. Vaan isn't the main character anyway. I think I left it some 40+ hours in and I was chasing a Mark or something.

This doesn't include all the games that I need to actually start. Fallout 3, Final Fantasy 13, Final Fantasy X-2, Bioshock 2, Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne/Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2/Persona 3 FES, Half Life 2 Episode 1 and 2, and Resonance of Fate (which looks damn fun by the way). This is on top of whatever other game my brother wants to buy when we clearly have too much to finish. New Vegas, Borderlands, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, the Zelda DS games........

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Fallout: New Vegas. Not so much because I started playing and didn't finish, just because I always promised myself I'd play it, which directly conflicts with my ideals about not having to play a buggy and broken game. Hopefully the patch coming this week fixes that, so I can go ahead and buy the GOTY when it comes out. :D

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Fallout New Vegas and Overlord 2.

I nearly completed New Vegas and I just cannot be bothered to go back to it, and Overlord 2 I barely started but I want to finish, some day... SOME DAY!!!!!!

Maiestas777

Feb 14, 2010
Bayonetta - No desire to get better at the game leads to me not playing it, even though I enjoyed the hell out of what I did play

Deadly Premonition - I was really hooked for a week or two, then I started playing something else. Big mistake. Deadly Premonition is a great game, but it is hard to convince myself to finish it.

Fallout: New Vegas - I got this and never really had any problems with it, but once again started playing another game and did not want to go play MORE Fallout.

Tales of Vesperia - Every so often I get a JRPG itch. I scratched it with this for about 14 hours, then dropped it.

LittleJP

Mar 1, 2011
ARMA II.

Always somehow fail to go through the tutorial, and never get around to actually playing.

CaptainKoala

Elite Member
May 23, 2010
Grand Theft Auto IV
I was super into it, and then.... I don't really know.... I just stopped.
But I'll get back to it.

Amalith

Mar 29, 2009
Pretty much every game in my collection. I keep buying games, playing them for about a week, and buy a new game before I finish it. So there are very few games I've completed, and many I've played less than half of. A lot of those games I really want to play and finish, I just never do. Some of them have been sitting too long and I don't remember what I was doing in them, so I'd probably want to start the game over and that makes me hesitate going back to them even more.