Your "...I'll get back to it..." games list

Zeras

Apr 2, 2013
Right now I'm trying to switch between The Witcher 3 and FF 15 (Xbox One), while also trying to get further into Witcher 2 (BC on One), and I'm NOT even going to count the games I have that I haven't started yet. That's why I have an account on Backloggery!

Sep 13, 2009
I'm just so ashamed of mine:

Xenoblade Chronicles
Dragon Age: Inquisition
The Banner Saga
Planescape: Torment
Cities: Skylines
Besiege
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (Though this one is tentative after a particularly annoying puzzle)
Homeworld Remastered Collection
Kerbal Space Program
Final Fantasy X (Finished right at what I believe to be the last boss, I was underlevelled and he kept wiping my party, so I just stopped playing)
Metro 2033/Last Light
Rebel galaxy
Rogue Legacy
Styx: Master of Shadows
Subnautica
Thief series
To the Moon
The Witcher 1 & 2
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Bloodborne
Dark Souls II
The Last of Us
Alien Isolation
Valkyria Chronicles
Demons' Souls

I'm probably missing another 5 or so

COMaestro said:
Okay, prepare to be interrobanged.

How?! It's only an hour long

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Saelune said:
Baldur's Gate: 2nd Edition DnD sucks.
You know, I wanted to try BG1 and BG2 which everyone just creams their pants over, but they also say the exact same thing you said. Combat just blows. Noah Gervais did a whole long video on the BG series and he went into depth with it, and after watching that, I was just like, nope.

Is there a module that would let me play BG2 in the Neverwinter Nights engine?

Saelune said:
Quake series
Eh. Quake 1 is probably the best one funnily enough as it was the only one who's theme I really liked. Quake 2 had some awesome weapons and decent weapon sounds to go with but HOLLLLYYY crap. Either the enemies need their health kicked down a few notches or the weapons all need a universal damage buff. I stopped playing it early simply because it was just that annoying to me. Quake 3 is pretty darn decent for super quick arcade shooting action. 5 effing stars in that category as a matter of fact.

HOWEVER, Unreal Tournament outclasses it in almost every single way so there's not really much point. Nevertheless, I will fully admit that Q3 and UT99 at their core are pretty differently played games. Q3 differentiates itself as its own thing in its focus on accuracy and just flat out pure offensive play. UT99 is more tactical with its overall slower movement speed and all the alternate firing modes for each weapon (some even have a tertiary firing mode) and the addition of dodging AND the Impact Hammer jumps available to everyone who wants to get bold. You have a lot more options in a UT99 skirmish besides just bunny-hopping everywhere and praying that your shot hits. But Quake 3 is a little more... Visceral in its speedy elegant simplicity.

Haven't played Quake 4, but everything I read about it from other people who've played it have all said that it's just meh.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Arnoxthe1 said:
Saelune said:
Baldur's Gate: 2nd Edition DnD sucks.
You know, I wanted to try BG1 and BG2 which everyone just creams their pants over, but they also say the exact same thing you said. Combat just blows. Noah Gervais did a whole long video on the BG series and he went into depth with it, and after watching that, I was just like, nope.

Is there a module for NWN that would let me play BG2?

Saelune said:
Quake series
Eh. Quake 1 is probably the best one funnily enough as it was the only one who's theme I really liked. Quake 2 had some awesome weapons and decent weapon sounds to go with but HOLLLLYYY crap. Either the enemies need their health kicked down a few notches or the weapons all need a universal damage buff. I stopped playing it early simply because it was just that annoying to me. Quake 3 is pretty darn decent for super quick arcade shooting action. 5 effing stars in that category as a matter of fact.

HOWEVER, Unreal Tournament outclasses it in almost every single way so there's not really much point. Nevertheless, I will fully admit that Q3 and UT99 at their core are pretty differently played games. Q3 differentiates itself as its own thing in its focus on accuracy and just flat out pure offensive play. UT99 is more tactical with its overall slower movement speed and all the alternate firing modes for each weapon (some even have a tertiary firing mode) and the addition of dodging AND the Impact Hammer jumps available to everyone who wants to get bold. You have a lot more options in a UT99 skirmish besides just bunny-hopping everywhere and praying that your shot hits. But Quake 3 is a little more... Visceral.
The remastered BG has a "story mode" difficulty that I am tempted to try, but then my gamer pride is all like "No, you must be challenged!" but...I dunno.

Ive played some of Quake 1, but didnt get too far, but would like to beat it for some Retro cred. I have beaten DOOM 1 and 2, and Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior, so, would like to atleast beat Quake 1 someday. Part of what keeps me from bothering is that the Quake series is not connected. One major reason I am reluctant to get into Final Fantasy.

Does Unreal Tornament even have a single-player mode? Arent those all multiplayer?

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Saelune said:
Does Unreal Tornament even have a single-player mode? Arent those all multiplayer?
Depends on what you mean. Does it have a campaign a la Quake 1 and 2? Nope. Not at all. Does it have single-player at all? Yep, absolutely. There's two ways you can play Unreal Tournament solo.

1. Every UT has a "Tournament" mode which basically means, like Quake 3, you cycle through a bunch of maps with (with pretty awesomely designed AI) and destroy everything. Difficulty steadily rises with the bots you face as you go up the ladder. UT99 is different from Q3 in its tourney mode in that it has a whole lot more gametypes you can play in the tourney with.

2. After that, if you don't even wanna have that much structure, you can start a "practice match". This is actually where most all people spend their time with when playing UT99 if they're not online. It basically means you have control over the way the entire game will be played. How many bots you want? WHAT bots specifically do you want? How do you want those bots to play? Do you want the maps to cycle? Do you want to play Assault, Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, etc.? And even FURTHER, UT99 introduced mutators, which are basically mini-mods that you can add or subtract from a list to change even further how you want the game to play. With Quake 3, every mod almost has to be a total conversion and it's a pain disabling and enabling the ones you want individually. In UT99, it's so beautiful and elegant and easy... Yeah.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
most of my steam list so around 700 games haha

the one i actively try to get back into is war in the pacific. the most complicated war game ever created. the entire pacific war is modeled down to individual squads, planes and ships

Plucky

Enthusiast Magician
Jan 16, 2011
Too many to mention. but recently it was Dragon Quest 7, 8 and Pokemon Moon. BOTW and the Switch just came out recently, and i just don't have the time to have everything in one place.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Too many.

Chiefly, I need to get back into The Witcher 3, but I have a hard time with open-world games, because I get distracted too easily. Im in Skellige right now, but I can hardly muster the enthusiasm to get back into it.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I love Tokyo Mirage Sessions to the point that I would call it my favorite Wii U game and I look forward to the Apocalyptic Platinum edition on Switch. In fact if I do go back and get back into that game (and I'm really far in, like penultimate chapter) that's when Nintendo will announce the fall release date for TMS#FE on Switch...that's what happened with me and Twilight Princess...which I'd like to play through again. On the Wii U I think I made it to the point right after The Arbiters Grounds. Other than that...

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Dragon Quest Heroes
Final Fantasy II GBA
Final Fantasy III DS
Final Fantasy IV DS
Shovel Knight Plague Knight DLC
Sleeping Dogs
Yoshi's Woolly World