Your Least Satisfying Gaming Victory

Tayh

Apr 6, 2009
Recently, the last boss in XCOM: Enemy Uknown
Etheral makes his speech, then takes a plasma sniper shot to the face. Cue ending cutscene.

Zen Bard

Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Sep 16, 2012
acillies45 said:
Fable 2 Final boss.

He was talking too much and I just shot him once and he was done...anti-climatic if you as me.
You know the sad thing? I waited for him to finish...thinking at the end we'd begin this Epic Boss Fight. And about a minute into it...[spoiler = "spoiler alert!"] the little guy who's voiced by Stephen Frye ("Reaver", I think is the character's name) says "Oh, I can't take this." and shoots the bad guy himself.

I mean, how bad is a Boss Fight that doesn't even require you to do anything?!
[/spoiler]

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
Fable 2 and 3, just nothing. Choices mattered for shit in the end. The only game that did this worst was mass effect 3 but that's just obsession at this point.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Probably the worst was Solitaire on iPod. I probably played 50 times before I finally won, and then all it did say "We have a winner". No neat animation or anything.

ShiningMetaLord

Nov 9, 2012
The final boss of Borderlands. It didn't even feel like a boss honestly, I just sat behind the pillar, taking pod-shots with my guns while the boss just sat there, then the piss poor ending.

Domogo

Aug 7, 2012
JEBWrench said:
It would have to be a Magic: the Gathering game. Many moons ago, back when dinosaurs still roamed the Earth. I was playing in a draft tourney, and in the final round, match tied 1-1, I was about to lose the match (and subsequently the tourney). So I convinced my opponent that I was about to win, and he promptly conceded to save time.
My friend that is an epic win that is by far an awesome way to win.

OT: any time in skyrim that I had to run away and let my un-killable companions beat the enemies

C117

Aug 14, 2009
The most recent one I remember: yesterday, I played a bit of Super Smash Bros. Melee, event match #42, Trouble King 2. For those who have never played that event, it's you (Luigi) against a single computer opponent (Bowser). You've both got two lives, no time limit.

Thing is, Bowser is HUGE, you're not. Most of his attacks are enough to KO you without him really trying, he can soak a ton of damage before flying, his reack is about 5-7 times yours, and he attacks CONSTANTLY! Truly a test of your skill and wits!

I won because the CP decided to ignore the fact that he was going offscreen, and just fell to his death...

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
I've had some games in CoH where the gods of RNG favored me a bit too much. One in particular stands out, where absolutely everything that could go wrong RNG-wise went wrong.

I was probably better than this guy in the first place, but seriously, when he misses two countersnipes in a row and his sniper gets hit by an artillery shell on retreat, when I actually fired the artillery at something a screen and a half away, it's kind of dumb. The fact that my two other artillery strikes struck gold as well, and that one of my armored cars survived solely because a panzershreck managed to miss the kill shot point blank(after I got a nonlethal 5% crit as well x.x) made the entire game into a farce. I also think some other units of mine barely survived on retreat.

Incidentally, this is a big reason why I generally dislike RNG in games. :V

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
Beating Isaac the first time in BOI, got a ridiculously powerful build and haven't even made it to him since. /sigh

Was the Blue Baby with Dr Fetus, Homing Bombs, Mr. Mega. So far so op right? well on top of that amazing-ness, i had the wafer, book of rev's, and the habit. So crazy damage and invincable? Damn right. It was fun, yes, but it robbed me of my first time beating it lives and Isaac cuz i could just stand there and tank everything. Oh well, such is boi I suppose. If only i could get that lucky with Samason.

Comocat

May 24, 2012
I would say Borderlands 1 or ME3 are the two games that I questioned what I was doing with my life at the end.

I also played Lord of the Rings Online for about 4 years and now that I think it's rubbish, it's hard to justify the 3 months of in game time that I played. Yeah it was fun, but fuck if I spent half that time doing something productive... it just makes me sad.

Surpheal

Jan 23, 2012
Beating Capec in the first Red Faction game. Wore out his little shield with one clip of machine gun ammo, then popped him with one rocket. Then a cut scene in which he died. Yeah, just popped you once, now what?

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Winning League of Legend games when someone on the other team leaves. 4v5 is awful and unless you're mega ultra good, you're going to lose. Now I won't allow the other team to win and I appreciate the xp I get but it doesn't feel like I worked hard for it.

sibrenfetter

Oct 26, 2009
The Witcher 2 was really disappointing I thought. Still a great game though, but the final fight was so easy. Plus it was really not obvious at all that the game was over until it suddenly out of nowhere said: The End.

Ah and I nearly forgot Kingdoms of Amalur (which tells enough already). Ending was extremely generic. More importantly, the story was so boring and convoluted that when arriving at the end I also just really couldn't care less anymore.