Your memory hole

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
There are certain things that absolutely never happened, regardless of what everyone says. For example, they never made a sequel to Dragon Age: Origins. Many people insist that there is one, and that it was terrible, but I think they're making it up to mess with me.
What have you memory holed?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Souplex said:
There are certain things that absolutely never happened, regardless of what everyone says. For example, they never made a sequel to Dragon Age: Origins. Many people insist that there is one, and that it was terrible, but I think they're making it up to mess with me.
I know right? its almost like that stupid thing with the ending to Mass Effect 3...you know some people said it ended after Shepard talks to some ethereal starchild and NOT after the assasins creed-esque scaling of a reaper to smash its outer shell with charges then you crawl inside into its core and realise its the grey warden succumbed to the taint operating some levers? and all that after the Australia level

god people...

also Tasha Yarr from Startrek TNG died in "Yesterdays enterprise" and NOTHING MORE HAPPNED

jademunky

Mar 6, 2012
Not The Bees said:
Gone With The Wind ended with Gone With The Wind. I don't think there ever was a sequel. People SAY there was, but there wasn't to my recollection. And I know I read this book... but I'm pretty sure that was a sequel to an entirely different book that wasn't GWtW. So there ya go.
Please tell me that you were kidding about........holy shit! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarlett_%28TV_miniseries%29

Kill it! Kill it with fire!

jademunky

Mar 6, 2012
Not The Bees said:
Here's the book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scarlett-Sequel-Margaret-Mitchells-Gone/dp/0446502375

I don't know which is worse, the book or the mini series. No I take that back, the book. Because without it, the mini series NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED.
And they cast James Bond as Rhett Butler?! Well at least it was one of the crappier Bonds.

jademunky

Mar 6, 2012
Not The Bees said:
Oh yeah. Ohhhhhhh yeah. It. Was. Terrible. I mean they took a book I've read over a dozen times in my life, and a movie I've loved since childhood, and just... I'm not going to spoil it, but it was more or less a thousand pages of fan fiction that someone published.

No, just...... no thanks, i really appreciate that you made the effort but I do not want to know. I am assuming it kinda ends like that edited-for-seniors version from that Simpsons episode.

Mezahmay

Dec 11, 2013
I enjoyed the shit out of the two Metroid Prime games, but it's a shame Nintendo never experimented with 3D Metroid games after them.

TakerFoxx

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2011
Y'know, I've always wondered why they never made any sequels to Jurassic Park. I mean, it was a major blockbuster, and the premise left things open for plenty of other stories. Hell, the book got a pretty good sequel. Why didn't they just adapt that?

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I'm glad they realized they'd had a good self-contained story with The Matrix and didn't screw things up with sequels packed with metaphysical bullshit and weak pseudo-philosophy.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
I am so glad that they ended Dragon Ball Z on a high note and didn't ruin everything with an unnecessary follow-up anime that convoluted everything previously known about the series and nearly broke the lore by existing, no sir.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
What?

You know, I could've sworn there was something I was going to think or say... but I just can't remember how I got to this thread. What website is this? How did I get here? Is this some kind of sick joke? It's still 2011, right?

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
shrekfan246 said:
What?

You know, I could've sworn there was something I was going to think or say... but I just can't remember how I got to this thread. What website is this? How did I get here? Is this some kind of sick joke? It's still 2011, right?
Of course, you're safe here on The Escapist forums circa 2010/11.

See, people over there are bickering about MLP and we don't know what an Anika Samkeesuan is.

shrekfan246

May 26, 2011
Colour Scientist said:
shrekfan246 said:
What?

See, people over there are bickering about MLP and we don't know what an Anika Samkeesuan is.
MLP? Oh man, do you mean My Little Pony?

What's up with all of those avatars everyone suddenly started sporting?

It's like, that's a show for girls or something, right? I don't get it.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Did you know that there was apparently another Core Design Tomb Raider after Chronicles? I swear they're lying. It just went to bed for a few years after Chronicles and then was suddenly picked up by Crystal Dynamics. But some crazies say there was another one. Angel of something... Deadness, was it?

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
shrekfan246 said:
Colour Scientist said:
shrekfan246 said:
What?

Me neither, lots of dudes seem to like it. I think some guy over there said something about clopping, whatever that is.

Man, I'm so pumped for Mass Effect 3 next year, I can't wait to see how the story plays out!

shrekfan246

May 26, 2011
Colour Scientist said:
shrekfan246 said:
Colour Scientist said:
shrekfan246 said:
What?

Me neither, lots of dudes seem to like it. I think some guy over there said something about clopping, whatever that is.

Man, I'm so pumped for Mass Effect 3 next year, I can't wait to see how the story plays out!
I dunno, sparkly ponies were never really my thing. But hey, whatever floats their boat, as long as they don't shove it in my face.

I'm looking forward to ME3 too. I only recently finally picked up the other games and man, I really enjoyed them! I've never really seen a game take over save files between games like that, it was cool. I'm also kinda looking forward to Diablo III, Blizzard did a promotional thing with people who had recurring WoW subscriptions so I'm getting it for free. I've never played a Diablo game before, but I can't argue with free games, right?

I'm really curious to see what happens with the new Devil May Cry game, too. A lot of people seem to be really mad because Dante looks different, but that seems like a silly reason to get upset about something to me. I should know, I'm a big Sonic fan!

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
I could see how they needed to end Star Gate SG-1 instead of rehashing the same "adventure of the day" plot about the same thing.
Star gate Atlantis took more of a fantasy tone in their series but it was still good, shame about that very abrupt ending though.

I think the franchise is still viable. Perhaps they could start an entirely new series.
Something dealing with either the back story of the Ancients..or the future of Earth becoming a stellar empire.
Yes, the future, surely they should go with the future scenario. Seeing how popular Star Trek is and with a new angle thanks to the gates and being that much closer to our reality and time-frame.
As long as they keep the adventure and light comedy parts, instead of going all gritty drama on us, I think we've got a winner here.