Your Mom's Computer Can Run Fallout: New Vegas

toomuchnothing

Jul 5, 2010
vdeity said:
Like, if you were to load the Fallout3.esm file in the New Vegas directory along with a .esp mod that has like a hot air balloon or something that takes you over to DC. And maybe removes the main quest from Fallout 3, etc. I wonder if this'd be doable.
I'm pretty sure the modding community is already salivating at the idea of a new vegas/capital wasteland amalgamation. Considering the similarities between the two games I wouldn't think it will take that long to see NV versions of some of the more popular FO3 mods (I'm looking at you Mart's Mutant Mod!)

Lyinar

Sep 17, 2010
The requirements are firmly rooted in the engine used, which is the Fallout 3 engine, itself a tweaked version of the Oblivion engine.

No real shock that they'd be getting a lot of stuff from the Rat Pack for the in-game radio stations. I mean, this is Vegas...

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
So those are the minimum, correct? Let's hope that doesn't mean the game looks like crap... I'm buying it on 360 anyway, so that doesn't really matter to me but still...

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Seems like I shouldn't have a problem. Given that it's the same engine as Fallout 3, it's not surprising it's using some fairly low specs.

The only thing is that Fallout 3 ran fine, but had some problems with some graphical flickering in the upper right from time to time which I could mostly ignore. I suspect it might have something to do with running it on a Quad Core machine rather than a Dual Core for some reason.

We'll see what happens though, I shouldn't have to make any real hardware upgrades since I've run more demanding games. :)

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Search bar.

...Just kidding. I have a strong desire to try this game out despite not enjoying Fallout 3.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Ah, Nat King Cole and the Ink Spots, perfect. Nat King Cole is the man, he made the most boring Christmas songs sound amazing.

Requx

Mar 28, 2010
ProfessorLayton said:
So those are the minimum, correct? Let's hope that doesn't mean the game looks like crap... I'm buying it on 360 anyway, so that doesn't really matter to me but still...
Yeah none of my computers can run this :( luckily for owning every system I dont need to care :D. And my moms computer couldnt handle the start screen.

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
Except for the graphics card, my parents have a better computer than mine (seeing as how mine is more than 2 years older), so yeah, my mom could play Fallout: New Vegas. It's a nice computer with Windows 7 and what not. Although I am not sure she wants to play though, even cartoons are too violent for her...

Wait, what was this thread about again?

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Keava said:
Logics! 9800 is 9th series and since 9>6 its newer so you are safe to go.
But I have a 220 GT. So I can't play it?

And I don't think my Mom's PC could play this. It uses Windows 2000.

Mine will, and now I have a good enough PC I won't have to get the PS3 version. Mods! :)

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
thenumberthirteen said:
Keava said:
Logics! 9800 is 9th series and since 9>6 its newer so you are safe to go.
But I have a 220 GT. So I can't play it?

And I don't think my Mom's PC could play this. It uses Windows 2000.

Mine will, and now I have a good enough PC I won't have to get the PS3 version. Mods! :)
Well ain't ya a little nitpicker now? 200>9>6 it's that easy! Only one confusing really was first GeForce marked as 256 due to its vram and i doubt there is plenty of people still using that one...then again i still have my Voodoo 3DFX nailed to my wall. <.<

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
[quote="thenumberthirteen" post="7.236478.8431874"
But I have a 220 GT. So I can't play it?[/quote]
GT*** cards are a different kettle of fish.
nVidia really made it confusing.

Red Right Hand

Squatter
Feb 23, 2009
Why is it impossible for me to ever get a dedicated graphics card? All I ever seem to buy is fucking integrated. Ahhhhh!!!! I might just buy a computer that's actually fucking good when I get the money. Alas, no money at the moment.