Your most biggest video game rage.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Smeggs said:
StormShaun said:
Yeah I did that but it was the fact that I have tried ten other times to beat this Gym leader And I though that I have the perfect plan.Thanks for that,mI thought something was wrong. xD

Also now I have defeated that Gym leader... :D

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back.

Level: Cold Hard Crash.

It took me more than a fucking decade to find that fucking box.

Every single time it was...

"154/155" boxes.

At first I was like...

"oh, I missed one, that's okay I'll find it eventually".

*many years later*

"Where...the...fuck...is...it!?"

Eventually after playing through the level about 50 times in one day I just started frantically jumping around like crazy until I heard *smash*.

At that point I exited the room, inhaled, exhaled, walked back into the room and finished the level.

[sub][sub][sub]Before you ask, no, I promised myself I would find it myself without a guide[/sub[/sub][/sub]

Eventidal

Nov 11, 2009
loudmadman said:
Getting hit by a blue shell on the last lap near the finish line on wi-fi never fails in putting me in a rage
Oh man, so terrible...

Brings me back to MK DS where I got it the worst:
Way out in first place on Grand Prix, going after a 2-star or better rating (basically, you need to be in first place almost every lap in every race to get this) I was right up to the finish line when a blue shell hit me. I was halfway across the checkered pattern on the finish line at this point. Then right as I stopped bouncing around, right before my kart accelerated, I got red shelled. Then, AGAIN before I could move even a tiny bit, someone Bob-ombs me and I get blown sky high. I ended up finishing in 4th or 5th, I think. On a race where I was pretty much guaranteed first.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Karthesios said:
Thaius said:
Karthesios said:
I would say mine was with Final Fantasy X, and the lightning-dodging minigame. I got to 196 consecutive dodges then got hit. Nearly ten years later and I've never once again tried.

To clarify, you need 200 consecutive dodges in order to win the valuable item that comes from playing the minigame.
That took me forever. It was freaking ridiculous. Thankfully, I never had an experience quite that annoying, but the whole process sucked. Worth it to break the damage limit for Lulu, though.

OT: Rogue Galaxy. Very enjoyable game, but the last boss consists of two stages, followed by eight separate battles, each fought with one of the eight player characters. So at that point, since you only have one character, you can't allow him to die or it's game over and you need to start all the way at the beginning of what is essentially a ten-stage boss battle.
Really funny you mention that since I would consider that my runner-up rage moment, after two hours of fighting that boss. Only now am I playing through that one again.
It's pretty good. Enjoyable battle system, great visual aesthetic, pretty good music, relatable characters... I liked it, despite some dungeons getting repetitive and the occasional cheesy/cliche plot elements.

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
Mario Kart 7's 3 star ranking.... IT CAN GO F*** ITSELF ALL THE WAY TO HELL!

I've beaton all mirror cups now, as i wanted to get them out of the way, but i swear to god the AI cheats.

Kanova

Oct 26, 2011
King of Asgaard said:
Four words perfectly describe this thread:
Demons' Souls - King Allant (Area 1 last boss)
'Nuff said.
That totally isn't 'nuff said because I have no clue what that is.

Anyways, biggest rage would be from Red Orchestra 2 where the second you spawn you get you head blown off. The chance of surviving indoors is about 1.5% and if you are outdoors it drops to .5%
Average life span for me is about 17 seconds.

And second place is when they totally fucked Left 4 Dead. It won all those awards when you first made it for a reason. You don't have to change the game dramatically to cater for fucking scrubs who suck shit at it. "Oh no, they are swinging their guns too much, better give them a 15 pound frying pan they can swing forever." Sigh, should have just left the game alone, bitches.

Dethenger

Jul 27, 2011
I was playing Uncharted 2. What's her face (the blonde one) told me to do something, and to do it quiet. And I did. Well, tried. Failed. Failed a lot.
It was bullshit. I was on that part for an hour, had all the guards positions and movements down, charted the perfect route, went through the motions dozens of times. It would've been a perfectly executed, stealth-kill manuever-palooza, if it weren't for one guard who, no matter what, was going to see me. It was literally impossible to sneak past this part. How do I know I didn't just fuck up? Well, good friend, I finally got a checkpoint after getting caught, begrudgingly abandoned all my finesse, and just straight up pumped bullets into whatever moved until it stopped moving, and then, the shit icing on the shit cake, the scripted cutscene involved the woman saying, "Well, so much for quiet!"

And Uncharted is a repeating offender. In the very same game, Uncharted 2, I recall another part where essentially the exact same thing happened. The cutscene was based around everything having gone to hell, so in the gameplay preceding, everything had to have gone to hell, regardless of how I handled the situation. It was at some point with the black haired woman, in the city. I think the cutscene involved me being shot at with an RPG. I remember sneaking past the first few soldiers and getting to the next location only to have a bunch of soldiers spawn in front of me.

Ddgafd

Jul 11, 2009
Super Mario 3D Land. Some of the special world stages have me screaming for bloody murder. More so because I have a need to find all the star coins, even though it's unnecessary.

CoD and BF:BC2 multiplayer. I don't think I even need to explain this.

LotR: War in the North. There's an enemy type that wields two swords and has a long combo during which you are pretty much stunned and I'm pretty sure they can cancel your attacks. Not bad when there's one or two of them, but when they're accompanied by, let's say, one of those big hammer guys, it starts to get very irritating.

Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones. I absolutely hate it when my characters die. I've reseted numerous times because of it. I guess I'm a compulsive hoarder :p. I especially hate it when a character dies from a low hit chance attack.

There's many more, but I really can't be bothered to list them.

Sectan

Aug 7, 2011
Witcher 2 on my first play through. Didn't know what to do how to do it. I knew I had to prepare for fights, but I wasn't aware when one was going to start. I finished the whole game and I still wasn't sure how to fight so I started a new game to see the other content. Constantly spamming Quen is not a great combat system IMO.

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
Karthesios said:
I would say mine was with Final Fantasy X, and the lightning-dodging minigame. I got to 196 consecutive dodges then got hit. Nearly ten years later and I've never once again tried.

To clarify, you need 200 consecutive dodges in order to win the valuable item that comes from playing the minigame.
This, billions upon billions of times, this.

But to add something of my own, Final Fantasy X in general had a lot of "rage inducing" moments. For example,
The battle with Seymour in the "Ice Temple". I'd say it took me around 20-ish attempts to defeat him in that battle.

DeltaStrata

Dec 8, 2010
Metroid: Other M. The Ridley battle. Not just because I lost, but because of the terrible characterization involved. I did not pick it back up for half a year.

Darkstorm13

Aug 2, 2010
Dragonforce525 said:
Having paid for Tekken 6, I've regretted buying some games in the past but I felt genuinely angry at having wasted my money on this poor excuse for a Tekken game, Scenario mode can die the slowest most painful death imaginable, who's idea was it to have the fun little bonus mode in previous Tekkens be the main mode in the new one? It'd be like if they took the darts mini game from GTA IV and made it the main focus in GTA V.

I think it annoyed me because I trusted them, I literally did no research on it before I bought it, I mean it's a Tekken game, a fighting game, how the hell can you screw that up? Select character, character prologue, fight other characters, fight mini boss character, fight boss character, epilogue. Now isn't that fucking easy?
You know it still has all the normal stuff too...

Darkstorm13

Aug 2, 2010
Dragonforce525 said:
Having paid for Tekken 6, I've regretted buying some games in the past but I felt genuinely angry at having wasted my money on this poor excuse for a Tekken game, Scenario mode can die the slowest most painful death imaginable, who's idea was it to have the fun little bonus mode in previous Tekkens be the main mode in the new one? It'd be like if they took the darts mini game from GTA IV and made it the main focus in GTA V.

I think it annoyed me because I trusted them, I literally did no research on it before I bought it, I mean it's a Tekken game, a fighting game, how the hell can you screw that up? Select character, character prologue, fight other characters, fight mini boss character, fight boss character, epilogue. Now isn't that fucking easy?
You know it still has all the normal stuff too...

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
Mario 2, what some people call the real mario 2, i dont even need to explain why that game annoyed the hell out of me.

fate/extra .... rock paper scissors, glass cannon mage, actually shes not even that shes more just glass, poorly labeled stats, YAY frustration!

the numorous times my saves have become corrupt, i cant point at a specific game, but dang it....

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
Game: Need for Speed Undercover
Reason: I was in a solid lead for nearly three laps, and one of my opponents catches up with me, out of now where, because my lead was at least 8 seconds, he rams me out of the way, which I can't do to him due to poorly designed physics, and I spin out of control 100 yards from the finish line.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
In my clan in a space combat game called Bridge Commander we had a high ranking member mutiny and take half the clan with him. So we all went into their server disguised as someone else, creeped up to him and blew him into the void of space.