Your Most Cherished Possession.

Mr.Cynic88

Oct 1, 2012
The first thing that comes to mind is a leather jacket I got when I was in middle school. It was nothing special at the time, but it was my coat for the next decade, and I can't help but think about how that coat was with me during so many of my trials and tribulations growing up.

Now it's starting to fray, and the zipper broke, so it's no longer my daily jacket, but I have no intention of ever throwing it out.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
I guess it's a beanie baby which I received when I was four.
Her name is grace and she is an adorable bunny.

After all these year she still prays.
Damn it, I have a soft heart for these things. T_T

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Well it used to be this perfect sphere made transparent rock I've found in the beach many years ago that is until I lost it years ago.
Anyway my next most chrished possession is my G1 Grimlock toy since I had that since I was a kid.

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
A copy of the New Testament... now before people get up in arms, I know how the internet views religion so I'm not going to get into that or my beliefs just give me a moment to explain it

A few years ago a friend of mine who moved to the states messaged me on facebook saying a friend of hers was going to study for the summer in London, media and theatre course, and knowing I live about a half hour from London and know the city quite well, asked if I'd be willing to see her, give her a friend and freindly face for the summer while she is over 2000 miles from home

So I agreed and what came from that was the most amazing summer I've ever had, had no idea that it would happen when I agreed to meet her but those 3 months hold incredible memories for me and while what we had didnt survive the strain of a long distance relationship when she went back home we are still very close to this day and I plan now I have a full time job to take a vacation out to see her soon

The reason that copy of the New Testament holds such a special place for me is that, when I saw her off on the last day we had together, she said she had a gift for me, pulled it out of her bag and gave it to me, saying she had prayed the last night and it felt right, she never goes on vacation without a Bible of some description and this she has had since she was 12 years old. Its old, worn, has many notes and scribbles in pencil around certain passages where she had noted what she interprets it as, what she deems as important, what it means to her etc.

That guesture was so incredible and its a constant reminder of her and that amazing summer we had, even taking out the religious context of it all it was an amazing thing to do and its why its my most cherished possession

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
I have a couple objects that hold great sentimental value.

1. my pokemon/ bean baby plushies. I've had these since the late 90s and I still have them with me.

2. my decked-out fedora. I take it with me whenever I travel/ go off to college, so I've got lots of great memories associated with it.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
My Australian packer hat and my Gurkha issue khukuri. One because it's my hat, which epitomizes my personal sense of style, and the khukuri because I intend to take it with me when I finally join the Royal Marines.

Miyenne

May 16, 2013
After my cat, I'd grab the ring my grandmother gave me when I graduated university. I was the second person in the entire family to actually get a degree, after my aunt. And soon after that grandma started to lose her mind.

Grandpa bought it for her on a vacation in Amsterdam in the 1930s. It's a beautiful diamond ring and it's the only ring I'll ever wear. Even if someone proposed to me I'd insist I wore that ring.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Epsilon125 said:
My Acoustic Guitar. Don't know if I could survive without that means of expression.
Replace 'acoustic' with 'bass' and that's me. It's not my first bass, but it was part paid for by my dad for my GCSE results and it's what I'd been drooling over for years (Fender Jazz bass, US Standard). It's the instrument I wrote any music that other people thought was any good on, it's the only instrument I've ever played at proper gigs, it's never let me down, never had any issues, and it's god damn fucking beautiful. I think as far as things that aren't alive go, the attachment you get with an instrument is the deepest you can get.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Not sure really... maybe my small collection of Evangelion merchandise. Specifically the Platinum boxset.

I also have a box of old stuff and memories and a signed copy of Final Fantasy X, signed by Nobuo Uematsu and Masashi Hamauzu.

Then there's my DVD Collection, my CD Collection, my books... yeah.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Hrm, so many things mean so much to me. I do tend to get overly sentimental about my possessions, especially the longer I own them. Things like my BC rich Warlock or my "throne" that has been with me over 15 years and been worn to deaths door and resurrected to usability more times than I can count.

However, If I had to pick only one, I would without reservation have to go with my gun.

It has always been there with me through thick and thin getting in and out of the stickiest situations imaginable. Even when it gets needy and demanding it always has my happiness and enjoyment in mind.

Just dunno what my life would be like without it

Raikas

Sep 4, 2012
I have my great-grandfather's WWI officer's sword (a fancy thing from his dress uniform with leaves and "pour le roi et la patrie" at the base), so that's my go-to answer for the "what would you save in case of fire?" question.

King of Asgaard said:
My brother.
Yeah, call me sappy if you wish, but it won't change the fact that he's been my best friend for over 18 years now, and we have no plans to stop any time soon.
Your brother is presumably not actually a possession or something you own though...

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Mine is a necklace. It's a glass heart filled with blue liquid, and inside is a grain of rice with a name written on it.

I got it in Germany about 10-11 years ago. I had to sneak away from everyone to make sure no one saw the name. The name on it is the person that I aspire to be like one day.

No one's seen the name on it, I've kept it hidden ever since. Sometimes I wear it under my shirt to remind myself.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
This small white tiger stuffed animal that my mom and grandma (who died 10 years ago) gave me when I was six.

We just moved to Arizona and I wasn't adjusting well to the new place, so they bought it for me for comfort and to snuggle with and I did all the time when I was growing up.

It's a little ratty and it's not white anymore, but I still have the thing in my room.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Raikas said:
I have my great-grandfather's WWI officer's sword (a fancy thing from his dress uniform with leaves and "pour le roi et la patrie" at the base), so that's my go-to answer for the "what would you save in case of fire?" question.

King of Asgaard said:
My brother.
Yeah, call me sappy if you wish, but it won't change the fact that he's been my best friend for over 18 years now, and we have no plans to stop any time soon.
Your brother is presumably not actually a possession or something you own though...
Not in the strictest definition, sure. He's not a slave or anything. But he's my brother. The pronoun my implies a certain degree of possession. Just like I'm his little brother.

ComandaKool

Jun 5, 2011
Raikas said:

King of Asgaard said:
My brother.
The OP allows this, as he could say the same about his brother.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
My most cherished possession got thrown in a dumpster a while back when my parents refused to listen to me. As for the most cherished possession that hasn't met such a horrid fate, I'd say it's this old leather bound book, not a very good read but it's a memento from a dead relative so I like having it.

Joffas16

Jun 6, 2013
My most cherished possessions are probably my two piano's. I got both of them from my Grandmothers brother, one as a gift and the other as an inheritance. The first one is a fairly modern piano which was my first instrument so I love and the second one is a grand piano which is almost 150 years old, it has an awesome sound and I could never replace it.

One last thing, try reading this thread while listening to this, it's much more engaging.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zYOKFjpm9s

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I have a diamond ring that is worth about two brand new BMWs.
it is the most expensive thing I own and it is a beautiful piece of jewelry.

Apart from that, my dog!